Overlooked Mistake Made by Front Office this Offseason that May Cost Some Games

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
datniggbstyle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Overlooked Mistake Made by Front Office this Offseason that May Cost Some Games

Mitch or other hands involved dealt the WRONG small forward to the charlotte bobcats. Jumaine Jones is damn near exactly what we need off the bench right now. Luke Walton semi-disgust me. I just had to get that off my chest. Jumaine Jones is what the games been missing.

This is not a bash mitch thread, its a bash front office because im sure Phillip had alot to do with Jumaine being dealt. We needed tha energy and 3pt ability right about now. Luke brings NOTHING.
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Walton doesn't bring NOTHING - he's been struggling - but he's one of the few players on the team who can initiate the offense - thus enabled Kobe to score.

If there was no Walton - Kobe would have to handle the ball more - especially with the second team.

Odom and Walton are facilitators - with skills that Smush and Sasha have yet to develop.
datniggbstyle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Overlooked Mistake Made by Front Office this Offseason that May Cost Some Games

datniggbstyle wrote:
Mitch or other hands involved dealt the WRONG small forward to the charlotte bobcats. Jumaine Jones is damn near exactly what we need off the bench right now. Luke Walton semi-disgust me. I just had to get that off my chest. Jumaine Jones is what the games been missing.

This is not a bash mitch thread, its a bash front office because im sure Phillip had alot to do with Jumaine being dealt. We needed tha energy and 3pt ability right about now. Luke brings Very Little.

Apologies to Luke Walton. He brings something. Just not much.
OX1947
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject:

our role players are fine. Our first option is fine. The problem is our 2nd option is no consistent. And we do not have a consistent shooter.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject:

IMHO Luke and Odom are struggling for the same reason, they are facilitators looking to get the ball to scorers. Unfortunately, what that boils down to on this team is get the ball to Kobe while doubled or Smush on the ball reversal for the 1st team. Cook / Sasha on the second team.

Nobody even cuts to the basket w/o the ball!

Until 1) We get a 2nd scorer 2) Role players execute their cuts 3)Kwame starts catching passes - our facilitators are just the guy who gives the ball to Kobe.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Luke Walton does not help Kobe at all...his inability to hit the wide open shot is not helping relieve Kobe of the double/triple teams he gets. Luke Walton is a liability out there, both on defense and offense.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
4OnTheFloor
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Overlooked Mistake Made by Front Office this Offseason that May Cost Some Games

datniggbstyle wrote:

This is not a bash mitch thread, its a bash front office because im sure Phillip had alot to do with Jumaine being dealt. We needed tha energy and 3pt ability right about now. Luke brings NOTHING.

If Profit doesn't get hurt it woould be Jumaine who!!
Darkndeep
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject:

Hindsight is 20/20. I think if you polled Lakers fans at the time, few would have preferred to trade Walton over Jones. Can't blame Mitch for not seeing Walton's free fall: I doubt many did.
Sidious
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject:

I would have kept Kareem Rush maybe, we just need shooters. But that's water under the bridge.
dadamookie
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Man, Luke has been one of my favorite players ever since he joined the team. But he really hasn't shown that much improvement over the years.

He always had a really high basketball IQ and knows the game well which allows him to make great reads and passes. He's grown more agressive on the boards and driving the basket too.

But, he can't shoot. His form looks wack, no matter if he's open or guarded. He's going to have to get a consistent jump shot if he wants to contribute to this team or even stay in the league.

His passing ability and basketball IQ can't mask his lack of shooting skills and defensive shortcomings. Just look at Sasha -- he's a liability on defense but at least he can shoot.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Luke's shot is a confidence / playing time issue (he'll never be money though). But his lack of D. and our stagnant offense make him to much of a liability to let him play out of it.
'Course we'll be seeing a lot of him 'til the allstar game....
kqiu2210
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject:

Luke has triangle experience. JJ doesn't, end of story.
Mailman04
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject:

We still have Devin Green. :roll:
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject:

I am pissed off too. But what can you do.

I always said that Mitch has not been able to create a winning and consistent "team". If you want to praise him for creating an average team, then he is truly one of the great GM.

Jax is going to pissed off. Look at Kupcakes pick

Walton 1-5
Cook 1-8
Sasha 0-3

With Odom's injury, we are going back to 500. Teams are going triple team Kobe.
tw-lakbfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject:

Add George to the list, 1-7. Oh, I got you, George is a West pick.

Walton is a liability now.
Trevacious
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Jumaine Jones is what the games been missing.

It was okay when we had Laron Profit to take his place as the solid vet off the bench.
bigdog2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject:

emplay wrote:
Walton doesn't bring NOTHING - he's been struggling - but he's one of the few players on the team who can initiate the offense - thus enabled Kobe to score.
If there was no Walton - Kobe would have to handle the ball more - especially with the second team.

Odom and Walton are facilitators - with skills that Smush and Sasha have yet to develop.

Seem to me he trys his darness to keep the ball away from Kobe.
twoface723
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject:

emplay wrote:

Nah man. Walton just plain sucks. He's NOTHING. People always say he runs the Offense well, but he doesn't. He can't do anything good. He a very overrated passer. He just sucks.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject:

kqiu2210 wrote:
Luke has triangle experience. JJ doesn't, end of story.

terrible experience.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
clutchkobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject:

dadamookie wrote:
Man, Luke has been one of my favorite players ever since he joined the team. But he really hasn't shown that much improvement over the years.

He always had a really high basketball IQ and knows the game well which allows him to make great reads and passes. He's grown more agressive on the boards and driving the basket too.

But, he can't shoot. His form looks wack, no matter if he's open or guarded. He's going to have to get a consistent jump shot if he wants to contribute to this team or even stay in the league.

His passing ability and basketball IQ can't mask his lack of shooting skills and defensive shortcomings. Just look at Sasha -- he's a liability on defense but at least he can shoot.

when has luke walton had a high basketball IQ. he turns the ball over just as much as lamar odom. he cant make a shot to save his life. i hated it when they resigned him. he is a cba player and should not be in this league. people keep going on and on about his passing abilities. When i look at luke walton i want to puke. he is horrible. no other team would have signed him. Every player beside kobe and maybe lamar should not be in the nba. i hate jerry buss right now he has turned into donald sterling.
BigE32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject:

I'm sorry, but Walton is a liability on the floor. When he can actually hit an open shot every once in a while, then he can play. For being a good passer, I've seen him commit too many turnovers for my liking. I get disgusted when I see him run on to the floor. He should be riding pine offering drinks to players as they come off the floor for a breather.
datniggbstyle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject:

damn, i didnt know it was gonna go down like this. JJ you are missed.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject:

I sincerely doubt JJ will have a game like that the rest of the season.
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Overlooked Mistake Made by Front Office this Offseason that May Cost Some Games

datniggbstyle wrote:

boy, were you right!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: