Bynum's + - (plus minus is a hockey stat)....

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MAJIC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Bynum's + - (plus minus is a hockey stat)....

Maybe we should use Drew Bynum a little more there Phil?

He comes in for like 5 minutes in the 2nd qtr and we out score the cats by 10 points....

Then he gets zero PT the 2nd half???

DUBBLEYOOO
TEEEEE
EFFFFFF
?
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject:

Phil is stubborn.

He is too confident in his beliefs and won't change the plan for a single game.

Throughout the season he's played Bynum only for 1 spurt or when he's absolutely forced to.

He won't do the same now. Plan is to bring him along slowly, and Phil won't screw with the plan just for some more help for a few games.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject:

I was really wondering why he didn't see any action at all in the second half. Seems like he is the only other person besides Kobe that can score sometimes.
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Phil is stubborn.

He is too confident in his beliefs and won't change the plan for a single game.

Throughout the season he's played Bynum only for 1 spurt or when he's absolutely forced to.

He won't do the same now. Plan is to bring him along slowly, and Phil won't screw with the plan just for some more help for a few games.

Please enlighten us on Phil's "plan" If it's losing games, he's a genius.
Smel Counts
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject:

He just said in a John Ireland interview that Bynum's pattern isn't going to change for the rest of the season unless they think he can help in the playoffs. He said that Bynum doesn't understand defense and rebounding yet. (like Kwame, Odom, Smush, and Sasha understand what's going on)

Funny thing is we defend and rebound much better with him in there. And he actually is a threat to score. Perhaps the Odom thing is a blessing because he will be forced to use Bynum now.
KingKobe8thWonder
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject:

HONESTLY I DONT THINK I KNOW WHT THE FLYING FUHCH NUGGET PHIL IS DOING!!!! Ive ONLY ever seen Bynum do good things when hes out on the floor. He is the only one who looks like he WANTS to win and prove something, kwame just lally gags around like a (bleep) trying to look pretty and getting his Shyt blocked or drawing air. COuld kwame have dunked on Shaq... NO! PLAY BYNUM PHIL FOR FUHCKS SAKE PLEASE!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Bynum i lost on defense more often than not. Is isn't surprising to see him trying to help on the perimeter and his man be wide open under the basekt.
jmark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Bynum & Kobe play well together. Bynum deserves time as well as any of the other role players......
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject:

Smel Counts wrote:
He just said in a John Ireland interview that Bynum's pattern isn't going to change for the rest of the season unless they think he can help in the playoffs. He said that Bynum doesn't understand defense and rebounding yet. (like Kwame, Odom, Smush, and Sasha understand what's going on)

Funny thing is we defend and rebound much better with him in there. And he actually is a threat to score. Perhaps the Odom thing is a blessing because he will be forced to use Bynum now.

Yeah, why put Bynum in when our defense was so good that they held the Bobcats to only 40 points in the first quarter. When the Bobcats was getting so many second chance points and layups, why would you want to put in a 7 footer who can block shots?
STiG909
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject:

Luke Walton got decent playing time his rookie year, Bynum should start getting more reps. I don't know what we should do with Kwame, at this point I'd give him up for anybody who could provide cap relief. If not, waive his ass, someone would be dumb enough to take a chance on him.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:06 am    Post subject:

Smel Counts wrote:

The guys that gave up the 40-point first quarter to the Cats tonight didn't seem to understand defense, either. Hell, we gave up 112 to the Cats... if that's understanding defense then we need to get dumb...fast.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:07 am    Post subject:

STiG909 wrote:
Luke Walton got decent playing time his rookie year, Bynum should start getting more reps. I don't know what we should do with Kwame, at this point I'd give him up for anybody who could provide cap relief. If not, waive his ass, someone would be dumb enough to take a chance on him.

There is no giving him up for cap relief...not until Grant's contract is off the books. Kwame's third year is not guaranteed, so he is a player who will be cap friendly when the time comes.
TEEGUNN
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject:

KingKobe8thWonder wrote:
HONESTLY I DONT THINK I KNOW WHT THE FLYING FUHCH NUGGET PHIL IS DOING!!!! Ive ONLY ever seen Bynum do good things when hes out on the floor. He is the only one who looks like he WANTS to win and prove something, kwame just lally gags around like a (bleep) trying to look pretty and getting his (bleep) blocked or drawing air. COuld kwame have dunked on Shaq... NO! PLAY BYNUM PHIL FOR FUHCKS SAKE PLEASE!

Jake Speed, 1986
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject:

I can see very good things in Bynum's future. The kid can play already. Next season, he should be in the rotation. The season after, he has a good chance of becoming the starter, despite Mihm's progress. It should be a great situation.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: