Some suggestions for our coaching staff (That means you Phil!)

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject: Some suggestions for our coaching staff (That means you Phil!)

-Play Devean more (Despite Gump's inconsistent shooting he actually has the best +/- of any player other than Kobe)
-Only play Kwame at C (His defensive rating is terrible at PF and he struggles against quick perimeter shooting PFs, however he's actually quite effective at C defense)
-Only play Odom at PF (Per 48 minutes we are 5.6 points better with him at PF then at SF. Kwame can guard the few bruisers Odom struggles against)
-Bench no D Smush (He can anchor the scoring for the second unit)

My new rotation

C: Kwame (18), Mihm (30),
PF: Odom (38), Cook (10),
SF: George (34 ), Walton (14)
SG: Kobe (40), Sasha (8)
PG: Sasha (16), Smush (32)

Bynum
Turiaf
Wafer

Thoughts?
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject:

Phil has to much of an ego to make changes. I think he'll probably stick to the plan of trying to get the players to buy into his system.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject:

^
Believe it or not I would suggest Phil to start Luke Walton in place of Devean George tonight.

Yes, that sounds insane but not when you think about Kobe.

Bryant can then return to being a scorer and allow Walton to distribute the ball. Atleast to start of the game.

Walton also has the ability to grab 6-7 boards at the SF spot if he's playing 30 minutes. Again, Kobe has to worry about scoring and defense only.

The other thing I would do is move Kwame to the bench. Insert Brian Cook. A guy that can actually hit some shots when Bryant is completely trapped by opposing defenses.

Cookie is a much better player when he starts. He scores 12-14 points easy as a starter.

If the Lakers plan on playing no defense with the likes of Kwame and George starting (Two guys that are supposed to be quality defenders) then might as well insert players that can help Kobe offensively.

Cookie and Walton do that. Geoirge and Kwame do NOT.

Also for some wierd reason, the Lakers defense is better when their offense is flowing. When they start becoming stagnant on offense, they wind up allowing too many easy transition baskets and stop hustling in the halfcourt defensive sets.

Sounds crazy, but allowing Walton and Cook to start might help Kobe, the offensive flow and thus the defense (less transition, more defensive energy) ....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Vlade
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject:

It depends who we are up against... not sure I'm comfortable with LO at PF against several teams...

Also, I don't think we should invest too much in George at this point... he is a likely candidate to be gone, if not at the trading deadline, then at the end of the year.

Luke in the starting line-up? Perhaps... if only to take the facilitator role away from Odom, so as to encourage him to score more. I don't know...

The one thing I do know: we have to play Bynum more. Seems he always makes a positive impact.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: