Jackson speaking
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iml84myd8s
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Jackson speaking

bigdog2 wrote:
Quote:

"We deserve that," Jackson said. "He was a player that we had no idea how good a player he was."

If you don't know you better ask somebody.

How long as Jackson been in this league and he doesn't know who has talent and who doesn't?
bigdog2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Jackson speaking

iml84myd8s wrote:
bigdog2 wrote:
Quote:

"We deserve that," Jackson said. "He was a player that we had no idea how good a player he was."

If you don't know you better ask somebody.

How long as Jackson been in this league and he doesn't know who has talent and who doesn't?

Those were PJ words dawg.
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject:

msb212 wrote:
OdomX2 wrote:
This was a salary dump guys. The Lakers never gave this guy a look. Jones was the second best Laker LAST year, but the Lakers could dump him for 2nd round draft pick and save some money....apparently what the Lakers are best at these days.

that's just silly. We had 1400 small forwards, and no pgs. we cleared roster space so we could sign some players, and got a pick in anticipation of the 07 plan. had nothng whatsoever to do with salary.

Wait a minute, Dude makes 2 million per and you say it had NOTHING to do with salary? For a 2nd round pick that no is going to have to pay until next year? I assume you don't make your living in business?
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
As I stated in another thread, this is a direct shot at KUP. Ultimately its PJ's job to get the best out of the GM's players. PJ is not blameless in who plays for the Lakers but WE all saw that at the very Least JJ brought effort and the occasional scoring out burst. Kup does not know how to build a team. Dismantle yes, build nope

My point exactly. Some of you are full of complements on Kupcake but until he actually shows consistent result I am going to reserve praises on him.

We are simply too inconsistent. For the second year in a row, it appears that the Clippers will be better than us. That is a reflection of our GM.
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
bounty wrote:
As I stated in another thread, this is a direct shot at KUP. Ultimately its PJ's job to get the best out of the GM's players. PJ is not blameless in who plays for the Lakers but WE all saw that at the very Least JJ brought effort and the occasional scoring out burst. Kup does not know how to build a team. Dismantle yes, build nope

My point exactly. Some of you are full of complements on Kupchak but until he actually shows consistent result I am going to reserve praises on him.

We are simply too inconsistent. For the second year in a row, it appears that the Clippers will be better than us. That is a reflection of our GM.

We're not competing with the Clippers. They are a good team loaded with #1 picks.

I also think it's unfair to blame Mitch for this team's personnel moves. Who really knows who's making the personnel moves for this team? I will tell you that the Lakers are doing everything they can to save money. They are pinching pennies and doing things on the cheap, (CBA PG, Waiving Grant, Trading Jones for a 2nd round Pick) Ultimately the Lakers are the Lakers because of men like Jerry West, who had the intelligence and accumen to tell Buss what to do. Now we have Phil Jackson, perhaps the worst talent evaluator in the NBA today, with Mitch Kupchak, a guy with no backbone, along with the Buss family idiot kids that have failed at everything their Dad has given them. Now they are involved in personnel moves. Gosh, wonder why this team sucks.
thumpinghead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject:

targetman wrote:
Well, now that I read the rest of Jackson's comments, it sounds like a jab at the players. "We practiced against him all last year but we had no idea how good he was." That is saying that Kobe, George, Mihm, and Luke should have had an idea of what Jones could do.

Yeah but what do you think that means?
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject:

OdomX2 wrote:
laker4life wrote:
bounty wrote:

My point exactly. Some of you are full of complements on Kupchak but until he actually shows consistent result I am going to reserve praises on him.

We're not competing with the Clippers. They are a good team loaded with #1 picks.

I also think it's unfair to blame Mitch for this team's personnel moves. Who really knows who's making the personnel moves for this team? I will tell you that the Lakers are doing everything they can to save money. They are pinching pennies and doing things on the cheap, (CBA PG, Waiving Grant, Trading Jones for a 2nd round Pick) Ultimately the Lakers are the Lakers because of men like Jerry West, who had the intelligence and accumen to tell Buss what to do. Now we have Phil Jackson, perhaps the worst talent evaluator in the NBA today, with Mitch Kupchak, a guy with no backbone, along with the Buss family idiot kids that have failed at everything their Dad has given them. Now they are involved in personnel moves. Gosh, wonder why this team sucks.

Mitch cant seem to see what some of us see. If you are going to pay Kobe infinity $$$$$, PJ 10mil, you had better get them a better 12million $$$ sidekick. Look around the league and look who makes 12mil. a year. Its not about losing games w/out him, its about being better than 500 with. KUp has the worst $$$$$ sense. AND the worst player moves. the fact that he is even in the same class as Isahia is embarassing
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: