Three team trade to get KG.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AZ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:43 am    Post subject: Three team trade to get KG.

Lakers will get Garnett and Griffin.

Orlando will get Bynum, George, Slava's contract, Hudson, and Miami's pick.

Wolves will get Odom, Steve Franchise, first round pick from Orlando (lottery protected).

What do you guys think? I am not sure if salary wise match. This should help all teams involve that needs new direction. I think is doable.

MITCH do it!!!!!!!
kells1220
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:44 am    Post subject:

If only dreams came true.
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:47 am    Post subject:

I prefer getting rid of Lamar too
mrdectown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: Three team trade to get KG.

AZ wrote:

Wolves will get Odom, Steve Franchise, first round pick from Orlando (lottery protected).

What do you guys think? I am not sure if salary wise match. This should help all teams involve that needs new direction. I think is doable.

MITCH do it!!!!!!!

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject:

minnesota could of gotten stevie before they did the boston deal but didnt want him.
R-Tistic
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:59 am    Post subject:

It's no way in the world I see any team givin away a star to the Lakers, especially someone like Garnett.

And I think Odom's trade value is at a continuous low. EVERYTIME he goes to a new team, it's like "alright...he's gonna finally have a chance to shine and show how good he is" and he did cool in Miami but not as good as you woulda thought seein him in College.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:11 am    Post subject:

The wolves just shaked up their roster and are looking good now, they aint moving noone.
RYZ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: Three team trade to get KG.

AZ wrote:

MITCH do it!!!!!!!

That would be swell, but for the record, the phrase is: "Do it Mitch!"
Luke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:22 am    Post subject:

AirKobe8 wrote:
The wolves just shaked up their roster and are looking good now, they aint moving noone.

Instead, they are sucking major a** : they are losing badly, the last has been with Golden state , a 30 points loss with Baron Davis limited.

KG will be dealt before or after ( summer?) , but I think not here.

About the trade suggested by the first poster, I think Minnesota would prefer to take Bynum instead of Francis...
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject:

No on giving up Bynum!

Also, read emplay's most recent article about moving Odom or Bynum. It ain't gonna happen.

Here's the link:

http://www.hoopsworld.com/article_16027.shtml
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject:

steve is going to denver
LakerFan4Lyfe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:49 am    Post subject:

Billy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject:

Nothing like this can be simplified as "do it Mitch!"

Not to mean to defense Mitch, but Mitch is not basketball God. He cannot make a trade that required all parties agreed upon to happen...
clutchkobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject:

encina1 wrote:
No on giving up Bynum!

Also, read emplay's most recent article about moving Odom or Bynum. It ain't gonna happen.

Here's the link:

http://www.hoopsworld.com/article_16027.shtml

although this is a pipe dream.....the lakers would give up bynum and lamar for kg.
AZ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject:

This is emplay's opinion not the Lakers. He may be saying not a go right now but that does not mean it may not happen at all.

If Bynum and Odom would fetch a Garnett type player why wouldn't Buss consider it. Garnett will bring the presence we are lacking inside and help Kobe in scoring consistently. Odom might be the initiator right now but even with him in the lineup Kobe still gets doubled team and he is so inconsistent. Garnett will bring you the intesity with Kobe day in and day out.

The Wolves are not getting screwed here. They are replacing Garnett with quality players and an all star in return to balance out their team. They have Davis and Steve for their guards Odom for their PF/SF and newly acquire Blount for their center. And with a possbile pick in the first round (lottery protected), they can still contend and continue to upgrade.

For Orlando, since Steve did not pan out for them perhaps a new direction to build around for their new future PF (forgot his name) and a young Bynum will entice them to consider it. They may gain some cap room as well from the expiring contracts their bringing in and perhaps will use that to bring new player(s).

And of course, we get Garnett to play along side Kobe that will give us a one two punch. This may be a dream come true if it happens but like what I said it is doable. We need to give up something to get something. If bynum is the sticking point, I will take that gamble just like Dr. Buss a gambler himself.

If Mitch has balls, he will take that risk to upgrade now than wait for Bynum to develop. We already passed up on Artest, we should not pass up this time if a deal something like this in on the table.

To praise it correctly, "Do it MITCH."
thumpinghead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject:

AZ wrote:
This is emplay's opinion not the Lakers. He may be saying not a go right now but that does not mean it may not happen at all.

If Bynum and Odom would fetch a Garnett type player why wouldn't Buss consider it. Garnett will bring the presence we are lacking inside and help Kobe in scoring consistently. Odom might be the initiator right now but even with him in the lineup Kobe still gets doubled team and he is so inconsistent. Garnett will bring you the intesity with Kobe day in and day out.

The Wolves are not getting screwed here. They are replacing Garnett with quality players and an all star in return to balance out their team. They have Davis and Steve for their guards Odom for their PF/SF and newly acquire Blount for their center. And with a possbile pick in the first round (lottery protected), they can still contend and continue to upgrade.

For Orlando, since Steve did not pan out for them perhaps a new direction to build around for their new future PF (forgot his name) and a young Bynum will entice them to consider it. They may gain some cap room as well from the expiring contracts their bringing in and perhaps will use that to bring new player(s).

And of course, we get Garnett to play along side Kobe that will give us a one two punch. This may be a dream come true if it happens but like what I said it is doable. We need to give up something to get something. If bynum is the sticking point, I will take that gamble just like Dr. Buss a gambler himself.

If Mitch has balls, he will take that risk to upgrade now than wait for Bynum to develop. We already passed up on Artest, we should not pass up this time if a deal something like this in on the table.

To praise it correctly, "Do it MITCH."

dude save your breath and get back into reality
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: