Jumaine Jones has 18 so far against Seattle
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
targetman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Jumaine Jones has 18 so far against Seattle

What did we get for him again?
eldrunko714
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject:

Second round pick. It would have been nice if we could have kept him instead of Puke. Nobody thought Puke was this bad though. JJ and Profit off the bench. Too bad Profit got injured. We totally lack depth right now.
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject:

oh well hindsight is 20/20.hes probably playing off his carrer high vs us.nice to see him doing well
gill2k
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject:

lakeshow03 wrote:
oh well hindsight is 20/20.hes probably playing off his carrer high vs us.nice to see him doing well

So does that make Mitch blind???
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject:

JJ is a 10th man, who is beginning to get minutes on a BAD team. Of course he'll put up numbers. He was ONLY worth 2 high 2nd Rounders. Mitch got a fair trade their.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Crazy LA Fan14
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject:

I said it once and I'll say it again, we should have kept JJ. Now that we didnt, stop worrying about him.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject:

He definitely got a fair trade especially considering the team was high on Devin Green, and already had Devean and Luke as other backup SFs. Only problem is, Jumaine Jones had a solid work ethic and always hustled on the court. These last few games, that's what we've desperately been needing.

Not that he'd be a savior, but he'd be nice to have, especially with Profit being out.
Das
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject:

LET IT GO PEOPLE, SO HE HAD A GOOD GAME AGAINST US. SO WHAT?. LETTING JURMAINE JONES GO IS NOT THE REASON WE SUCK. WE SUCKED LAST YEAR WHEN HE WAS HERE AND WE SUCK THIS YEAR WITHOUT HIM. HIS CURRENT TEAM IS NOT EXACTLY BLOWING UP THE LEAGUE EITHER. PERSONALLY I THINK LOSING LARON PROFIT WAS MORE OF A FACTOR TO WHY WE SUCK, THAN MOVING JURMAINE JONES IN THE OFF SEASON.

Last edited by Das on Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject:

Laron Profit is a better player than Jumaine.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Das
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
Laron Profit is a better player than Jumaine.

That's what I meant.

Last edited by Das on Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
twoface723
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject:

I liked Jumaine. He played well for us last year. I still don't know why we traded him. We should have gotten rid of Walton. Oh well, can't live in the past.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject:

I knew what ya meant Das. I just think Laron was a better player for the triangle. JJ lacks the necessary triple-threat skills.
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Odom for JJ. Do it Mitch!
Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
I knew what ya meant Das. I just think Laron was a better player for the triangle. JJ lacks the necessary triple-threat skills.

Laron was the backup 2. JJ should have been our 3rd 3/4 instead of resigning Luke Walton.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject:

twoface723 wrote:
I liked Jumaine. He played well for us last year. I still don't know why we traded him. We should have gotten rid of Walton. Oh well, can't live in the past.

But Walton has at least something resembling triple threat skills. Jumaine has none of those things and was showing as much in training camp. Hence the reason HE, and not Luke or Devin Green, was traded/cut.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject:

Freakout wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:

Laron was the backup 2. JJ should have been our 3rd 3/4 instead of resigning Luke Walton.

Yeah, that's a good idea. Then you contend with the idea of having JJ on the floor with Devean. Neither guy can dribble, pass, or even really post up that well. The lack of necessary skills forces Sasha to become the primary ball-handler with the 2nd unit. Sasha's serviceable as a ballhandler, so long as he has others to compliment his skills.

JJ had to go. Especially considering Laron Profit's ability to grasp the triangle so well, along with Devin Green's. With Luke acting almost as an on-court Triangle coach, JJ's days were numbered.

Never have I seen a role player get such undeserved adulation.
eniq 0x00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:

Yeah, but consider the fact that people are looking for any reason to complain and to blame Mitch. Nevermind that the deal made sense then, somehow Mitch was supposed to predict that Jumaine was going to score big in these games. You just can't expect rational behaviour from these people.

^^ Farmar

ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject:

we'd be contenders right now if we had jumaine jones. i mean look how good we were last year?
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject:

eniq 0x00 wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:

Yeah, but consider the fact that people are looking for any reason to complain and to blame Mitch. Nevermind that the deal made sense then, somehow Mitch was supposed to predict that Jumaine was going to score big in these games. You just can't expect rational behaviour from these people.

Yeah, I know. I just can't stand this crap. I mean, JJ WOULD not have played well AT ALL in the triangle offense. He simply doesn't have the necessary triple-threat skills. And it's not even like he's "blown up" this year or anything. He's averaging a MEASLY 8.3 PPG and 4.3 RPG in 23 MPG. The guy simply isn't an impact player.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject:

da ocho wrote:
we'd be contenders right now if we had jumaine jones. i mean look how good we were last year?

Yep.
PROPHET
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Who needs those guys when Mitch pulls a coup and signs Vlade and Aaron Mckie in consecutive years to fill out our roster. Great work Mitch way to pick old injured players like clockwork.
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
twoface723 wrote:

But Walton has at least something resembling triple threat skills. Jumaine has none of those things and was showing as much in training camp. Hence the reason HE, and not Luke or Devin Green, was traded/cut.

Walton has triple threat skills? That's a laugh. The guy can't defend, can't shoot, on most teams he would be sitting on the bench if not waived.
teej
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject:

Walton can brick, turn the ball over and brick more shots. Definitely a triple threat player.
Neener
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:57 am    Post subject:

It's a shame we didn't keep JJ.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject:

He was the throw-in instead of Banks.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: