HOW TO FIX THE LAKERS

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rain-king
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: HOW TO FIX THE LAKERS

What's up guy's, this is my first post. IMO this is how Mitch and Phil can fix the lakers. First they need to get a good pass first PG ( B. Knight )make him initiate the triangle, next put odom on the left block where we can take advantage of his size. I mean what good is having a 6'10 SF If you cant put him on the block and take advatage of his size. Koby is our best shooter so he should play on the perimiter not odom. Chis Mihm and Ronny Turiaf not Kwame can fill the rest of the starting squad. I think Kwame and Smush should lead the second unit offensively. IMO Kwame needs to know he is getting the ball no matter what so he can let his instincts take over and stop thinking about if he is going to make a mistake or not. That my solution let me know what you guy's think.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: HOW TO FIX THE LAKERS

rain-king wrote:
What's up guy's, this is my first post. IMO this is how Mitch and Phil can fix the lakers. First they need to get a good pass first PG ( B. Knight )make him initiate the triangle, next put odom on the left block where we can take advantage of his size. I mean what good is having a 6'10 SF If you cant put him on the block and take advatage of his size. Koby is our best shooter so he should play on the perimiter not odom. Chis Mihm and Ronny Turiaf not Kwame can fill the rest of the starting squad. I think Kwame and Smush should lead the second unit offensively. IMO Kwame needs to know he is getting the ball no matter what so he can let his instincts take over and stop thinking about if he is going to make a mistake or not. That my solution let me know what you guy's think.

jmac78
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: HOW TO FIX THE LAKERS

bounty wrote:
rain-king wrote:

Ouch, man. Welcome to the boards.
PurpleReign4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject:

i try not to harp on spelling mistakes, because hey it happens to all of us, but how can you not spell "koby" right? seriously. and i dont know if you were suggesting brevin knight or a player like him, but I do know knight just re-signed last summer. For all the talk of Ronny's heart we still haven't seen him in anything but the CBA and SPL. Let's give him a few minutes and then let him earn that starting spot.
Laker Lurker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject:

Lakers are spending 65+ million which includes Grants salary. Kareems influnece on Bynum is very evident to the point of being undeniable. Now why don't the lakers spend some money on Hakeem Olajuwon or Moses Malone to teach Kwame the Hakeem "shake and bake" that had D. Robinson (at that time an all defensive player as well as MVP ) jumping up and down like a jack in the box while Hakeem wizzed past him to the title. Hakeem also whizzed by Shaq in a sweep to another title Kwame is close to Hakeem in athleticism aand about the same size as Hakeen and probably as tall. I remember, Hakeem and Moses were pretty good defensive players and rebounders to boot.

I am a Kwame supporter but it is clear that he is relying on athletism and strength alone to stay in the NBA. If they get Hakeem to tutor Kwame and Kwame refuses, then sit his a*s on the pine and then off the lakers- have Hakeem teach Mihm his moves and move Bynum to center. Lakers now have two big men tutored by two of the greatest centers of all time. Kwame should also practice on his own time like Kobe and not like Shaq who practices only on Company time.

For Gods Sake find someone to teach Sasha how to shoot and make an open shot. Get rid of Walton for a low second rounder or waive him. Give his minutes to George and then to Greene or to Wafer. If Profit comes back he probably is big enough to play at SF if need be. Lakers have 5 guys(Odom, George, Greene, Wafer, Profit if he's back) that can play at SF in a pinch not counting Kobe who is the best SF of all but playing shooting guard. If Bynum, Kwame, Mihm can be tutored to utilize their abilities to the max then the lakers will be fine.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: