One More Scorer or Better Role Players?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vlade
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:11 am    Post subject:

LakersSpirit wrote:
This thread gives me the opportunity to explicate what I said, before, in another thread... I feel that, for too long, we have chosen players that fit a broad category, like "shooter", or "role-player"... We may not be looking deep enough... Perhaps, we should be looking for specific aspects, and skills, that a player brings...

At the present time, I feel we should be looking for the elements of leadership, combined with terrific ballhandling skills. We need an on-court general that can instigate the offense, make intelligent decisions, and keep the team playing together.

In the future, we should strive to build a strong foundation, based on various elements that we need, such as consistency, intensity, and ability to play with teammates.
The elements, and character, of each player, should fit together, with other teammates...

Along with this, we should fill our various needs, such as
rebounding ability, and defensive skills.

We need to look for players with inner character, that fit together, and provide a sense of cohesiveness to the team. These are the things we should focus on. This is the general concept that is most important... A quality product is made up of quality ingredients. We can't just lump players together, just because they meet a generalized category, like "shooter", or "role-player". I think we're seeing the fallacy of that.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: