Would you trade Kwame for Darko?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you trade Kwame for Darko?
Yes
49%
 49%  [ 43 ]
No
50%
 50%  [ 44 ]
Total Votes : 87

40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject:

Lamar for Darko !
Hatori Hanzo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject:

PrplReign wrote:
More than half of the votes are in favor of trading Kwame for a player that has NO NBA experience and is regarded as soft. It is getting really hard to believe some of the mindsets around here.
That Nail just sunk in hard
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject:

40ptmachine wrote:
Lamar for Darko !

You're turning this site into a latrine.

Again, justify your love for Darko. Let's have a well-reasoned post on why we should trade Kwame for Darko.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject:

PrplReign wrote:
More than half of the votes are in favor of trading Kwame for a player that has NO NBA experience and is regarded as soft. It is getting really hard to believe some of the mindsets around here.

I don't know that Darko is soft right now. That's a stereotype of Euro's, though most draft reports all said Darko broke that stereotype and had a nasty streak. I also haven't heard or seen him afraid to bang for boards inside. Also, all the other Pistons say good things about him. They are his teammates and should say good things, but just keep in mind that no one in Washington had anything good to say about Kwame, in fact quite the opposite.

Also, while I don't think we know for sure Darko is soft, I know that Kwame is. First of all, we've all heard the stories of his mental breakdowns in Washington. Yeah, PJ seems like he's doing a good job working on this, but still. Second, if I see Kwame trying to shoot another layup when he should be bullying his way to the basket and dunking the rock on someone's head I'm going to scream. He plays decent interior defense when he's not blowing an assignment, but he's soft on offense and soft in the head.

Again, I think Kwame is better and we know more about him right now, but I'd still take Darko's potential (while admittedly knowing less about him) - though I'd only do it after this season.
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Socks wrote:
tgf5 wrote:
People just want to trade for him now because of all the losses coming along recently. If we were 5 games over .500 most would say no.

I think I'd still pull the trigger just because Kwame isn't cutting it and I don't ever expect him to be a star. That said, he does play solid defence and does contribute now. To correct myself a bit, I'd say if this were a deal on the table in the offseason I'd do it. Pulling a trade like this now though would probably be really tough to do.

Kwame came out of highschool and blew it in Washington. Think of it as a college career there. Now he has a new start in LA, and I'll give him a little more time to develop before I want to throw him away.
supermegamen
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject:

re4ee wrote:
supermegamen wrote:
IN-A-HEARTBEAT!

Darko is much more talented than people around here think. That's because they haven't seen him play much. Darko is a huge presence at the defensive end. He's able to block some shots and he'd be a perfect triangle fit at Power Forward with his ability to play inside and outside.

And no, I'm not generally for trading Kwame, because I think we'll have to give him some more time to develope, but Darko is too good to pass...

"Darko is too good to pass", and how would you know that?

Because, living in Europe, I've seen him play quite a few times and probably more often than you guys have. For example when he was with the National squad last summer...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject:

How about Luke and Slava for Darko?
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject:

From Ben Maller's NBA rumors...
Quote:
Begging last week for trades: Denver's Earl Watson, Toronto's Eric Williams and Seattle's Danny Fortson. The talk is a top-10 draft pick will give you a shot at Detroit's Darko Milicic
. Why trade an actual PLAYER, when all that's necessary is a top ten draft pick? It's obvious that DET doesn't think as highly of Mr. Milicic as some hyperbolic Laker fans. (the link to this story was stale)
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject:

supermegamen wrote:
re4ee wrote:
supermegamen wrote:
IN-A-HEARTBEAT!

Darko is much more talented than people around here think. That's because they haven't seen him play much. Darko is a huge presence at the defensive end. He's able to block some shots and he'd be a perfect triangle fit at Power Forward with his ability to play inside and outside.

And no, I'm not generally for trading Kwame, because I think we'll have to give him some more time to develope, but Darko is too good to pass...

"Darko is too good to pass", and how would you know that?

Because, living in Europe, I've seen him play quite a few times and probably more often than you guys have. For example when he was with the National squad last summer...
Yeah, and all of those Euro players' games translate to the NBA so well.
Boldarblood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject:

40ptmachine wrote:
Wolverine wrote:
Darko's contract hurts the 2007 plan

Are you guys gon keep believing the so called "2007 plan" ?

Back to topic; YES ! In a Heartbeat

You would get rid of the 2007 plan for Darko? The fans are lucky you are not the GM. Let me guess you think Mitch sucks, yet you would do this trade?
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject:

I would rather work with the devil I know.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers don't expect any top ten picks anytime soon.
Jacko
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject:

I think I would take Darko over kwame, I think kwame can get better. But I think Darko can become a better player than people expect right now. He can shoot the range and is a pretty good shot blocker, he just need more experience and needs to gain some confindence!!!
And he is practicing with Ben and Sheed every day, then if he become a Laker, he will be train with Jabbar, so I think he got the chance to become a all-star type player!!
Klassix
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject:

is this a trick question? I'd make this deal in a less than a second!
K8KillerInstinct
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject:

Wow! Now this is a legit poll. Its 50-50 now.
mike_kb
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:20 am    Post subject:

Darko can swat, has good hands and mid-range/long-range game in addition to several post moves. He is a much better tri-fit pf than Kwame, and I like his chances of blowing up more than Kwame's. He has the skill sets, albeit a bit unpolished. He just needs to get out of Detroit badly.
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:26 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
40ptmachine wrote:
Lamar for Darko !

You're turning this site into a latrine.

Again, justify your love for Darko. Let's have a well-reasoned post on why we should trade Kwame for Darko.

I just want to get rid of Lamar. He and his overpaid salary are helping waste Kobe's prime
SLYONE4KB
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:29 am    Post subject:

I wouldn't trade Kwame for Darko. I know we have been frustrated with what has happened lately, but what has happened to fans' willingness to give this team time to learn and gel. It seems as though we are ready to trade everyone (except Kobe) for anyone out there. I would rather have the patience required to see what our coaches and team can do.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: