Best Sports Pub to watch the Lakers Game.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject:

Dylandogg wrote:
da ocho wrote:
yeah diagonal to freebirds would make it dublins now. it's a cool bar...good atmosphere. was the study hall there when you guys lived here?

you'll have to tell me some halloween stories sometime from the 80s. nowadays its like martial law and the city gets locked down.

I don't recall a "Study Hall". Halloween was incredible. About my third year they started bussing in cops to maintain things. They even took away our "one day liquor license" Damn them!!! But better than that was the time we came from behind to beat UNLV in the last 20 seconds at the E-center. This was when UNLV was top ranked. People poured on to DP and the party was on. Some guys started burning old couches (which were easily found) and had huge bonfires. Later a pretty good cover group went by the name "burning couches". I'd tell you more but my memory is a little cloudy for some reason. as I recall I woke up the next morning on the floor of some girls apartment and the beer goggles must have been in full effect the nite before.

haha great story. the burning couches tradition still goes on here, especially at the end of the year when everyone is moving out. bball is played in the "thunderdome" now...haven't been to as many games as i should have. halloween is pretty ridiculous now...cops shut down dp, sabado and trigo and they turn all of pardall into police headquarters. hundred of arrests on halloween night. we persevere though.
Dylandogg
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject:

da ocho wrote:
Dylandogg wrote:
da ocho wrote:
yeah diagonal to freebirds would make it dublins now. it's a cool bar...good atmosphere. was the study hall there when you guys lived here?

you'll have to tell me some halloween stories sometime from the 80s. nowadays its like martial law and the city gets locked down.

I don't recall a "Study Hall". Halloween was incredible. About my third year they started bussing in cops to maintain things. They even took away our "one day liquor license" Damn them!!! But better than that was the time we came from behind to beat UNLV in the last 20 seconds at the E-center. This was when UNLV was top ranked. People poured on to DP and the party was on. Some guys started burning old couches (which were easily found) and had huge bonfires. Later a pretty good cover group went by the name "burning couches". I'd tell you more but my memory is a little cloudy for some reason. as I recall I woke up the next morning on the floor of some girls apartment and the beer goggles must have been in full effect the nite before.

haha great story. the burning couches tradition still goes on here, especially at the end of the year when everyone is moving out. bball is played in the "thunderdome" now...haven't been to as many games as i should have. halloween is pretty ridiculous now...cops shut down dp, sabado and trigo and they turn all of pardall into police headquarters. hundred of arrests on halloween night. we persevere though.

Do your best to have some fun. Those were the best days of my life. Glad to hear that I was witness to the beginning of a tradition(burning couches). Have a Sam Adams at Sam's for me. Man, I miss IV.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject:

Dylandogg wrote:
da ocho wrote:
Dylandogg wrote:
da ocho wrote:

Do your best to have some fun. Those were the best days of my life. Glad to hear that I was witness to the beginning of a tradition(burning couches). Have a Sam Adams at Sam's for me. Man, I miss IV.

will do.
LakersSpirit
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject:

I remember being at "The Cheesecake Factory", in Redondo Beach, during the 2000-2001 season...Remember, that pivotal game, that would put us into the finals??

I remember, there was a nice, long bar, on the ground-level, and a big crowd was watching and cheering... Nice atmosphere.

Other times, I sometimes choose a smaller, more intimate environment, like "El Chollo's", on Western Ave., or "margarita Jones", close to the old L.A. Stadium, and the museums... I have strange tastes. I don't know, things may have really changed, as they do... I haven't been to these places in years(to be honest)...

Ooops!!... I just found out... The "Margarita Jones" I used to like was leveled, back in 2004, to make way for a housing project!!...
unggoy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:25 am    Post subject:

LakersSpirit wrote:

or "margarita Jones", close to the old L.A. Stadium, and the museums...

Which stadium is this? If you're talking Miracle Mile or Fairfax area, was it Gilmore Stadium?
dgrynch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject:

The Forum Club back in the '80s.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: