If the 2005 NBA Draft Were Done Over, Who Goes #1?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Is YOUR #1 Pick
Bynum
11%
 11%  [ 13 ]
CP3
45%
 45%  [ 51 ]
D-Will
42%
 42%  [ 48 ]
Bogut
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 112

Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: If the 2005 NBA Draft Were Done Over, Who Goes #1?

Many people would have still taken CP3 or D-Will over Bynum. Some would have taken Bogut over him as well. Call me a homer, but I wouldn't take anyone in the 2005 NBA Draft over Big Drew. The 9 teams that decided not to pick him made a Big mistake (pun intended).

What say you?
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Bynum over Chris Paul and Deron Wlliams? Why? Two are proven superstars.

I say Deron Williams should probably have gone #1. His college stats don't look THAT impressive, though. Even Adam Morrison's look better, and look how that turned out.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
GasolBynumKobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Deron and CP3 are interchangable at 1 and 2. Bynum would have been at 3.
OX1947
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:53 pm    Post subject:

CP3.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:53 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

I say Deron Williams should probably have gone #1. His college stats don't look THAT impressive, though. Even Adam Morrison's look better, and look how that turned out.

Melo is a "superstar" just like CP3 and D-Will. He goes to the Knicks and they commence to go 6-6. Meanwhile His Nugget team is 8-2 since the trade.

Al Jefferson has gone on a tear since D-Will left. NJ has a few quality wins, but they haven't made much noise.

Nawlins started off like gang busters (8-0?). They are road kill if the playoffs began today (they play us). CP3 hasn't made much of a difference despite his PER.

I'm not trying to talk ish on either of those guys, but neither are making the impact that Big Drew is.
E=MC²
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:57 pm    Post subject:

1. CP3
2. Deron
3. Bynum
4. Bogut
5. Granger
6. David Lee
JTS1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Melo is a "superstar" just like CP3 and D-Will. He goes to the Knicks and they commence to go 6-6. Meanwhile His Nugget team is 8-2 since the trade.

Al Jefferson has gone on a tear since D-Will left. NJ has a few quality wins, but they haven't made much noise.

Nawlins started off like gang busters (8-0?). They are road kill if the playoffs began today (they play us). CP3 hasn't made much of a difference despite his PER.

I'm not trying to talk ish on either of those guys, but neither are making the impact that Big Drew is.

the only problem w/drew was he was so RAW back then. he only had something like 30 games of organized ball under his belt. i didn't see the appeal in bogut though. he wasn't a one in my book.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Way to work everything to fit the way you want. You bash Melo not winning many games with Knicks then praise Jefferson for doing what he has done for his career getting stats on a losing team. You praise him for getting stats to try to lower Deron but look at the Jazz 4-7 since the trade the 4 wins against the Pacers, Raptors, Kings and Sixers. Nets havent made much noise? They went 5-2 5 straight wins last one vs Celtics. And even with Deron the Nets still suck but that isnt his fault he was traded to one of the worse teams in the NBA.

I don't know what Melo has to do with this anyways. And no hes not just like CP3 and Deron. Melo is what he is a ball stopping scorer. Dont sleep on Deron and CP3 they make teams run and make everyone else better while also scoring. CP3 hasn't made much of a difference? Hes gotten a not great team 9 games over .500. Bynum is lucky hes playing on the most talented team in the NBA where he wasn't needed to be even 50% for his team to win back to back titles. If you want to say Bynum would or should be taken #1 fine but come on now with your arguments.

Last edited by eureca on Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:10 pm    Post subject:

CP3 and Deron go 1 and 2 all day.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:13 pm    Post subject:

If we know what we know now? Deron goes #1.
Master)v(ind
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:14 pm    Post subject:

deron is definitely number 1. best PG in the league currently
“A story about Kobe is the first time they went to be fitted for their USA uniforms and Kobe starts crying. The equipment person asks him what happened and Kobe was like, man, you don’t understand, I’ve dreamed of playing for my country."
Lowest Merion
Retired

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject:

DWill number one, CP3 number two. CP3 has had one meniscus removed and is halfway to being Brandon Roy, healthwise.
drzucchini
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Bynum is too big of an injury risk for me to draft him first overall. If the other talent on the board didn't have star potential, then I wouldn't mind taking a chance. That isn't the case here. Here, there are two point guards who are stars.
Supa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Bynum would probably be number one overall. Bigs are always valued and most of the time overvalued in NBA. Even though CP3 and D-Will are superstars, they can't carry and have an impact on a team that Bynum potentially can. Look at him now, the Lakers would not trade him for either smalls the way he's playing.
Lake Show 2.0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:07 pm    Post subject:

1. Bynum
2. Bogut
3. DWill
4. Paul
5. Monta
6. granger
7. DLee
8. Webster
9. miles
10. blatche
11. gortat
12. frye
13. bass
14. turiaf
Laker_Behemoth
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:13 pm    Post subject:

1. Paul
2. Williams
3. Bynum
4. Granger
5. Bogut
6. Ellis
7. Lee
8. Felton
9. M. Williams
10. L. Williams
11. Blatche
12. Webster
13. Villanueva
14. Turiaf
15. Jack
"After watching Bryant and Cooper go at it for about 10 minutes West stood up, nodded at two team public-relations men he'd brought with him, and snapped, 'That's it, let's get out of here, I've seen enough. He's better than anyone on our team.'"
Lakersarethebesteva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Gerald Wallace was in that draft too btw.

Got to give alot of credit to Mitch, alot of teams passed on Bynum and he has been a very positive investment.
grimmz4764
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Lakersarethebesteva wrote:
Gerald Wallace was in that draft too btw.

Got to give alot of credit to Mitch, alot of teams passed on Bynum and he has been a very positive investment.

Gerald Wallace was in the expansion draft, he had been on the Kings since 2001 but didn't play much.
bbf2
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:32 pm    Post subject:

If anyone honestly think Bynums should have been taken in the draft before Chris Paul and Deron Williams they need to take a step back and tone down their homerism by several degrees.
CGLR
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:38 pm    Post subject:

As the Sam bowie and Greg Oden fiascos have shown us, you have to take the best player available regardless if its a small over a big.

1. CP3
2. D-Will
3. Bynum
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: If the 2005 NBA Draft Were Done Over, Who Goes #1?

Texas_Pete wrote:
Many people would have still taken CP3 or D-Will over Bynum. Some would have taken Bogut over him as well. Call me a homer, but I wouldn't take anyone in the 2005 NBA Draft over Big Drew. The 9 teams that decided not to pick him made a Big mistake (pun intended).

What say you?

Drew is having a nice run, but he's still an injury-ridden question mark, Draft might go:

1. Chris Paul
2. D. Williams
3. Danny Granger
4. Andrew Bynum
5. Monta Ellis
6. Andrew Bogut
7. David Lee
8. Raymond Felton
Lake Show 2.0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:04 pm    Post subject:

bbf2 wrote:
If anyone honestly think Bynums should have been taken in the draft before Chris Paul and Deron Williams they need to take a step back and tone down their homerism by several degrees.

how many chris paul-lites are emerging in the game

Wall, Rose, Rondo, Nelson, Nash, Williams, Collison, Holiday, Parker, Mo Williams, Curry, Bdiddy, Harris, Brooks, Jennings, Evans etc would all be scary playing along Bynum.

Paul is among the elite of all those i mentioned, but its the him quickness/passing ability that would make him fearsome along side Bynum. And all the pgs i named share a similar level of quickness and/or passing ability. Now name all the centers who share Bynum's size/touch + defensive prowess. Bynum's only conceivable knocks are his injury history, and stamina. Outside of that he's up there with Howard as your ideal center and if he didn't have those liabilities, I wouldn't trade him for any other player in the league.
Supa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:19 pm    Post subject:

Legit 7-foot two-way center with 20/10 potential. No way he doesn't go first in an NBA draft. That's just the way it is. Now, if we're factoring injuries and all that, you could argue the others would be ahead. But, consider that Bynum would go to a team as a centerpiece, and not be so far down in the pecking order as he is with LA. Worse bigs have gone #1.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:04 am    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Those guys are consistent all-stars year after year. Bynum makes an impact in spurts, when he's not injured, when he feels like it. Bynum's been saying he understands his role now. Is that all? Did he just learn English? Did PJ speak in a different language before? I want A-Bomb to dominate too, but what I've seen in 6 years is an injury prone kid who probably likes Bentleys more than practices.

Start this thread again after they've all played 10 years in the league. Then you may have an argument.
illijah
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:25 am    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Not quit sure what your point is. As far as Melo and the Knicks not going 12-0 or 10-2 its been proven that teams take time to develop. And CP3's team is horrible and so is NJN's in comparison to LA.

Bynum has no scoring pressure. Rare for a superstar. But then again he is not a star and would suffer in an inferior team.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: