Losing is one thing, but taking too many 3's is another.Fools Game

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
novano2004
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Losing is one thing, but taking too many 3's is another.Fools Game

i know everyone is posting about the number of 3's that the Lakers are taking.
Am not sure if the players look at the stats and notice 29 3's and only 5 made. i don’t care if LAL lost today’s game by playing their normal game, but losing a game that LAL came back from 20 down to take the lead and then keep taking 3's especially Kobe. Am not sure a great player needs to put-up 11 3's and make a lot or miss a lot it does not matter, it matters that it’s not smart to do that.
i hope there is an explanation to this approach by Kobe and the rest of guys. Kobe is the leader and he is the example that team follows, if he keeps taking 3's regardless of making or not the rest of the guys will and taking a lot of 3's makes player lazy and you get your self in a bad situation. I think i remember Pat Riley talking about 3's and saying that its the Fools game, don’t know the exact quote.

i hope this issue will be addressed, but clearly Phil has not control right now on the situation other than substitutions.
Vlade
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject:

it's just like last year... and we don't even have any great 3pt shooters!
qreus-76
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject:

Well, I do have to say, Cook was hot. He's the only one that I would trust tonight with the 3. I don't know why they didn't exploit that more.

I guess Kobe's not comfortable with someone else getting more points than him or even being a decoy for the other players.

Kobe really don't trust his team mates. I understand that. I wouldn't trust them either for the most part. But when you see that your partner is going 12 for 15, that seems like grounds for a little trust at least in this game don't you think?

Cook was hot and was probably the only reason why they were able to tie the game up.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject:

The triangle is all about reads, taking what the defense gives you. When you have a team that doesn't have a sufficient midrange game, that doesn't have ANY inside game, that 3ball is about all you're gonna get. And when your best player is getting picked up with the double 2 or 3 steps inside the half court line, you're gonna have problems getting good looks.
Sidious
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject:

That's obvious. I doubt Kobe and them enjoy taking all those 3's. But when you're an inferior team and undermanned, you get desparate.
novano2004
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject:

am not just talking about this game, but overall. the 3's been something that Kobe and the other guys in the team adapting too much for no reason. If we had 3's shooters that are speciallist shooters then i would say OK thats what they do so let them take few. But no player on the laker team other than Cook overall is a 3 point shooter. no sasha no Kobe no george(more of 18's), no one. so it measn take a closer shoot maybe a 17 footer. again i dont care about losing or winning at this point but i thought its learning process for these guys and am not sure if 3's make u learn other than its the FOOLS GAME.
novano2004
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject:

desparate doesnt mean 3's, pls, desparate 3's is used only when u are shooting them well other wise you miss a 3 and they score 2 and now the lead has increased so how can that help.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject:

Again, they have no inside game. They have no sufficient midrange game. Guys don't move, guys don't cut. Any combination of Lakers on the floor at a given moment is gonna have 2 or 3 guys who are EXTREME liabilities on 1 or both ends of the court. And when you're down like the Lakers were down tonight, a lot of 3s are gonna get jacked up.
Supa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject:

They seem to be having trouble getting the ball to Kobe in the wing. He always has to step out further and further to catch the ball and it's usually late in the shot clock. That's one of the big reasons he settles. They should try to get it to him early and I'm sure he'll get better shots.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: