In a way, I'm kind of glad this 3 game skid has happened: puts things into perspective and still gives us some time...

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
loyola66
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: In a way, I'm kind of glad this 3 game skid has happened: puts things into perspective and still gives us some time...

Remember the first half of the season? The Lakers were 4 games above 500, the 5-1 road trip, the wins on national tv over the heat, cavs, kobe's 62, 81...well i'm sure you all had that feeling deep down that this team was overachieving, even tho we were winning in a competitve conference, that it was a team of extremes, one that could pull off gutsy wins on the road in dallas and then get blown out by charlotte...

I was expecting the Lakers to hit a slump, I definitly did not expect it to be of this magnitude, but in a way I'm kind of glad it has fully exposed our weaknesses and deficiencies...and at a time that we're still at 500, and we're about to hit a long home game stretch against a lotta below 500 teams...

so yeah, this skid has really exposed some defeciencies, and I hope phil and management will make some adjustments:

-kwame is a bust, put him at backup center
-brian cook is shooting close to 500 on the season and 400 sumthin from 3 point, start him
-kobe is gonna get double teamed tons, time to tighten up the triangle, other players just need to work way more on getting into position
-perimeter defense: we have none, we lost this game cuz we gave up like 4 consecutive layups after going up by 2
-smush isnt a starter
-sasha has low bball iq

I think we need to mainly address the perimeter defense and we should still be able to make the playoffs...

honestly though, I'm all into the whole kevin garnett coming to the Lakers, but I feel we gotta at least get the 8th seed this year, cuz why the hell would KG want to come to LA if they dont even make the playoffs, defeats the purpose...sure he might want to just cuz of kobe, but if you want the dude to really opt out soon, or force a trade, like actually FORCE a trade, Lakers need to show some promise without KG, like the first half of the season lakers...
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject:

4 game skid actually.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject:

KobeButler wrote:
4 game skid actually.

We are in a hole and cant get out, but we'll be fine, its damage control time, we need to play split the remainder of the trip and were in good shape, then make a ....another.....two week surge before we assuredly fall into another rute, its a part of mediocrity...i jus wus kobe could heat up again
PiPisKobesByatch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject:

lol.. do u guys notice how after EVERY loss.. the number in the "I'm glad we lost these last ___ games" threads goes up?
qreus-76
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject:

PiPisKobesByatch wrote:
lol.. do u guys notice how after EVERY loss.. the number in the "I'm glad we lost these last ___ games" threads goes up?

So...he's wrong for posting this thread?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Neverland Ranch Survivor
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject:

^^^exactly. the way i see it is:

this teams sucks at running the tri
we have no talent
teams have finally figured out how to stop kobe(which was the only way we had a chance of winning, if kobe had big games).

the fact of the matter is this team isn't going to improve unless mitch trades half of it for some CONSISTANT players. smush will have 15 one night, 3 the next. same with odom, same with brown, etc...we'll never win that way. add to the fact that we dont play any defense and make so many rookie mistakes on defense as well.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: