It's time to let reality set in.. and for us to stop lying to each other and ourselves.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject:

K8KillerInstinct wrote:
I just have to say it. THE_SHOES Lamar very much.

I like Lamar too, but to say he is a triple double threat is plain wrong. He doesn't get triple doubles. I am happy with double doubles.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject:

K8KillerInstinct wrote:
I just have to say it. THE_SHOES Lamar very much.

That's right and, yes I do take exception to unfair shots taken at him when all things being equal are taken into account he gets bounced on way to much... The guys is a good ball player, I don't care what anybody says...
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject:

Lamar isn't the problem, the problem is we need more talent on this team along with lamar and kobe. the mistake is to ship lamar for someone else with talent, leaving still only two talented people on the team. we need to upgrade the talent while keeping the core intact. Now it may take another offseason, or maybe even two, but blowing up the team and having them relearn the triangle every season is not the answer...That is all.
4OnTheFloor
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject:

Centers better the Mihm

Shaq
JO
Ben Wallace
Yao
Camby
Gasol
Ilgauskas
Brad Miller
Kaman
Bosh
Okafor
Okur
Magloire
ZO
Dalembert
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject:

4OnTheFloor wrote:
Centers better the Mihm

Shaq
JO
Ben Wallace
Yao
Camby
Gasol
Ilgauskas
Brad Miller
Kaman
Bosh
Okafor
Okur
Magloire
ZO
Dalembert

Channing Frye
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject:

Channing Frye is a center????
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject:

LakerFan4L wrote:
Vlade wrote:
If salary is a rough indication of how teams rate their players, Lamar Odom is anything but underrated.

I think Lamar is worth what he makes. If we had another player he could get the ball to, he would be all the better. He is a triple-double threat on any given night.

So what you're saying is push LO to the 3rd "star" on the team and that will validate his 12mil. salary?
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject:

JO / Bosh / Frye play PF

Okur - Please

Kaman - doesn't seem that way when matched up head to head. His team actually feeds him the ball. Crazy concept huh?

Dalembert / Camby / Wallace - better defensively only

Yao - only due to size; guy is a stiff.

Mihm does plenty good with the limited touches he gets. He also does a great job of blocking out. He is not a shot blocker like some of these guys, but don't say he can't score inside and out and hold his own 1 on 1 defensively when not in foul trouble.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject:

We're clearly spoiled fans. Everyone is complaining that this team sucks. Well, yeah it does, look at all the wanna-be CBA players on our roster. But if you look at that as fact, we're overachieving based on the quality of players we have.

When the poster says we need to stop lying to ourselves, I think he means we need to stop being spoiled and lower our expectations for this team this year. Until we get help, we are scratching and clawing for a 1st-round exit at best - no more.
4OnTheFloor
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject:

psydesho wrote:
JO / Bosh / Frye play PF

Okur - Please

Kaman - doesn't seem that way when matched up head to head. His team actually feeds him the ball. Crazy concept huh?

Dalembert / Camby / Wallace - better defensively only

Yao - only due to size; guy is a stiff.

Mihm does plenty good with the limited touches he gets. He also does a great job of blocking out. He is not a shot blocker like some of these guys, but don't say he can't score inside and out and hold his own 1 on 1 defensively when not in foul trouble.

Bosh & JO do play center.

Okur stats
17.9 pts 9.3 rebs.
Mihm stats
10.6 pts 6.8 rebs

I'm no genius but i no 18 & 9 look a hell alot better then 16 & 6, what you think??

Camby only better defensively???? Are You kidding me. Again we go to the stats.
Camby
15pts & 12rebs

Yao is a stiff putting up 20 & 9. Please tell me your not trying to say Mihm is better then Yao. If you are then you a dumber then i thought.

"Mihn does a great job of boxing" wtf!!! What good is it to box out if your not gonna grab the rebound???

Who has Mihm held his own against??? An if your in foul trouble then your obviously not holding your own.

I've herd of over hyping your players but this takes the cake.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
RG73 wrote:
LakerFan4L wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Once and for all, stop referring to Odom as a "triple double threat on any given night". The guy doesn't do triple doubles, he is no threat to do so.

To have a triple-double, you need teammates to pass to. He consistent gets double figure points and rebounds, but when you got one guy to pass to consistently, its hard to get those assists.

He had Caron, Wade, EJ, Alston...didn't average 10 assists, had maybe 1 triple double.
He had Brand, Miller, Q, Maggette, Ely, Pike, Jaric...didn't even average 4 assists that season (2002-3).

He's had the talent, he is in no danger of being the next Fat Lever, Jason Kidd, Magic, or Oscar Roberston.

He wasn't initiating in Miami so, why would he? Odom was at the 4 so why would he be expected to lead in assist? Wade was doing just fine... You wonder why you're the classic hater? Don't... It would kill you to give LO props in this game knowing that he was injured wouldn't it?

He had the ball a lot on the Clippers. You are a classic ignorer of facts. How many career triple doubles does Lamar have?

I believe its 8. So basically 1 a year.

Is Lamar a threat to get a triple double? Yes, once a year. Spin away, but he gets 1, maybe 2 triple doubles a year. He's averaged 6 rebounds and 6 assists in one season, and this season 9 rebounds and 5 assists. Where's the triple double threat?

Now let's compare to, oh, Fat Lever. Fat averaged, for 3 consecutive years, about 19 points, 8 rebounds and 8 assists. That's a triple double threat. Grant Hill, for two seasons about 21/9/7. Kidd for 8 seasons before this averaged over 6 boards, 9 assists and 14 points. Magic averaged 18.6/9.6/9.5 in his 3rd season. Larry Bird one year averaged 28/9/7.6. Those are triple double threat guys.
thumpinghead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject:

4OnTheFloor wrote:
Centers better the Mihm

Shaq
JO
Ben Wallace
Yao
Camby
Gasol
Ilgauskas
Brad Miller
Kaman
Bosh
Okafor
Okur
Magloire
ZO
Dalembert

No friend your wrong. Anyone who watches alot of basketball will see that I would take Mihm over Kaman, Dalembert, Magloire, Camby and Zo. Everyone else can see that Gasol, Bosh, Okur, and JO are pure PFs. So heres the real list:

Shaq
B Wallace
Yao
Ilgauskus
B Miller
MIHM
Dalembert
Magloire
Kaman
Camby
thumpinghead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Mihm is a top 10 center hard to believe in this watered down league of quality bigmen
4OnTheFloor
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject:

thumpinghead wrote:
4OnTheFloor wrote:
Centers better the Mihm

Shaq
JO
Ben Wallace
Yao
Camby
Gasol
Ilgauskas
Brad Miller
Kaman
Bosh
Okafor
Okur
Magloire
ZO
Dalembert

No friend your wrong. Anyone who watches alot of basketball will see that I would take Mihm over Kaman, Dalembert, Magloire, Camby and Zo. Everyone else can see that Gasol, Bosh, Okur, and JO are pure PFs. So heres the real list:

Shaq
B Wallace
Yao
Ilgauskus
B Miller
MIHM
Dalembert
Magloire
Kaman
Camby

Mihm better then Camby (who will be an all star this year) in just insane. Camby is a better rebounber, shot blocker & is averaging more points then Mihm. Yet you say Mihm is better??? Tell that to a lil kid that knows nothing about basketball. Camby >Mihm

Dalembert- Offensively there about the same, but Dalembert is more athletic, better shot blocker & rebounder, therefore Dalembert > Mihm

The rest im not even gonna waste my time. It's obvious you no nothing about basketball.
LakerFan4L
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject:

4OnTheFloor wrote:
Centers better the Mihm

Shaq
JO
Ben Wallace
Yao
Camby
Gasol
Ilgauskas
Brad Miller
Kaman
Bosh
Okafor
Okur
Magloire
ZO
Dalembert

I'll give you Shaq, Big Ben, Yao, Camby, Big Z, Miller, Zo, and Dalembert. the rest of those guys are either not better than Mihm, or are not centers. Bosh, Okafor, Okur, Gasol, and JO play the 4 most of the time.
LakerFan4L
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

Mihm better then Camby (who will be an all star this year) in just insane. Camby is a better rebounber, shot blocker & is averaging more points then Mihm. Yet you say Mihm is better??? Tell that to a lil kid that knows nothing about basketball. Camby >Mihm

Dalembert- Offensively there about the same, but Dalembert is more athletic, better shot blocker & rebounder, therefore Dalembert > Mihm

The rest im not even gonna waste my time. It's obvious you no nothing about basketball.

Dalembert about the same offensively? Not even close. Dalembert has an ugly offensive game.
4OnTheFloor
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan4L wrote:
Quote:

Dalembert about the same offensively? Not even close. Dalembert has an ugly offensive game.

But it's still giving him 9 points a game. 1 less then Chris. Ugly or not its still the same.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: