could this trade work? (LAL-ATL-NO)

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paradox
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:18 am    Post subject: could this trade work? (LAL-ATL-NO)

Works contract wise. however, should we decide to re-sign harrington, rules out the 07 plan.

ATL trades: Al harrington, Josh childress

ATL recieves: Chris mihm, Devin george (exp), Bostjan nachbar, Sasha vujacic, 1st round pick from LAL

Why? Al harrington will be gone for nothing at the end of the seasone. We all know mihm is legit. nachbar proved thet given PT he can be really nice and still very young, george is expiring (can be bought out), picks are good to have. ATL has a load of swing-man, and no bigs + no pg. they get both needs while loosing the least favourable (they rate starvin-marvin and josh smith better, i reckon).

LAL trades: Chris mihm, Devin george (exp), Brian cook, Sasha vujacic, 1st round pick (miami)

LAL recieves: Al harrington, Arvydas Macijauskas, JR smith

Why? obvious. firepower. Harrington is a 2nd scoring option, JR could fit very well in the tri opffense with his shooting and become huge, So does macas (big pg, awsome shooter, not used in NO). odom and harrington are both so versetile, and will share the 3-4 positions almost totally by themselves.

NO trades: JR smith, Bostjan nachbar, Macas

NOH recieves: Josh childress, Brian cook

Why? JR is unsattled, they get equal talent in childress, both euro's they dont rate (given no PT), they get a servicable big with shooting touch in cook.

i feel as if its a great trade for both LAL and NOH, yet ATL seems to not be getting equal value. the thing is, if by the deadline they see the can't trade harringtoun for equal value, whih the won't, they'd do that trade.

NOH: hunter, west, mason, childress, paul
ATL: mihm, cook (pachulia), M-williams, Smith, JO-JO

LAL:

Kwame (33) / Bynum(15)
Odom (28 ) / harrington (10) / turiaff (10)
harrington (28 ) / odom (10) / walton (10)
kobe (38 ) / JR smith (10)
Smush (25) / JR (13) / Vujacic (10)

10-man rotation, our 11-12 man will probably be wafer and some unknown big body. i think this lineup is 2nd best in the west as is, and in 2007 with the development of Bynum, JR, well, virtually anyone, theyd give the legue hell.

oh, i forgot. best case scenario - geoge is bought out from the hawks and re-signs for vet min.
mike_kb
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:44 am    Post subject:

ATL is looking for a PG. They already have Zaza who is a solid center for them, so Mihm would not entice them at all.
ATL can do better than this for Al Harrington.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:01 am    Post subject:

Mihm's averaging like 12 and 7. He's pretty damn important for us, wether people want to admit it or not. And he's CHEAP. I wouldn't send him out unless I absolutely had to. He also has good chemistry with Kobe.
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:49 am    Post subject:

Among starting NBA centers, Mihm is top-15 (per-48 mins) in points, rebounds and blocks.

He's also top-15 in shooting percentage among NBA starting centers.

I've said it all year, but some people just want to move him like he's nothing.

Mihm is our best player not named Kobe or Lamar.

(Bynum is more valuable mind you, but Mihm's better now).
Dennis_D
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: could this trade work? (LAL-ATL-NO)

I try to give newbies some feedback on trade suggestions so that hopefully in the future they will post better ones.
paradox wrote:
Works contract wise. however, should we decide to re-sign harrington, rules out the 07 plan.

ATL trades: Al harrington, Josh childress

ATL recieves: Chris mihm, Devin george (exp), Bostjan nachbar, Sasha vujacic, 1st round pick from LAL

Do you mean Devean George?

paradox wrote:
Why? Al harrington will be gone for nothing at the end of the seasone. We all know mihm is legit. nachbar proved thet given PT he can be really nice and still very young, george is expiring (can be bought out), picks are good to have. ATL has a load of swing-man, and no bigs + no pg. they get both needs while loosing the least favourable (they rate starvin-marvin and josh smith better, i reckon).

Loosing? Do you mean losing? lousing? loosening?

OK, Atlanta is giving up Al Harrington, who will walk at the end of this season, and a non-starting swingman (and they have a glut of swing players). In return, they get (1) a solid starting center, (2) a back up PG/SG, (3) a back up SF, (4) a draft pick and (5) an expiring contract. A total steal for Atlanta. I think the best deal the Lakers would offer for Harrington is George, Cook and the Miami pick.

This is a stupid trade for the Lakers as Mihm is their only true C right now (Bynum is still years away) and they have 4 guys who can play PF (Brown, Odom, Cook, Turiaf). If the Lakers make a move, I think it will be to trade one of their PF's for a PG.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:55 am    Post subject:

Re-signing Harrington wouldn't work with the cap space plan, and though I like Harrington, he won't take us to the next level... especially if we lose Chris Mihm at this point.
loyola66
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject:

B Cook is a beast, keep passing to him kobe, and brian, keep knocking down those open looks,

I want B Cook to stay in LA...
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject:

I dont want to trade Mhm and Sasha for Harrington.... The only guys I'd move right now are Walton, and maybe Kwame.
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:45 am    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
Mihm's averaging like 12 and 7. He's pretty damn important for us, wether people want to admit it or not. And he's CHEAP. I wouldn't send him out unless I absolutely had to. He also has good chemistry with Kobe.

Exactly, Mihm has a very reasonable price tag, consider how teams usually overpay their bigman, remember Ostertag, Mcllvaine, Koncack etc., dollar for dollar he's one of the best 7 footer in the game.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject:

Mihm is a keeper in my book. And as far as Bynum goes, if they weren't going to give him up for Artest, why would they do it for Harrington?
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject:

JR Smith blows, and Harrington isn't the answer to our problems.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: