PJ's team or Kobes//ford Chat

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject: PJ's team or Kobes//ford Chat

John Los Angeles: Chad,please tell me the Lakers are going to do something before or after the trading deadline?

Chad Ford: (12:20 PM ET ) They have a couple of expiring contracts totaling about 8 million ... but not much else of value right now to offer unless they believe that Brian Cook's latest flourish is for real and Lamar Odom is now available. I think Odom is a great fit for Jackson, but a terrible fit with Kobe.

Last edited by bounty on Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Venti Quattro
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject:

It's KOBE'S Team...

A jockey can't race the horse if the horse doesn't want to. Phil is just the jockey and you have to make the horse happy if you want him to win the race.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject:

LakerGreatNumber8 wrote:
It's KOBE'S Team...

A jockey can't race the horse if the horse doesn't want to. Phil is just the jockey and you have to make the horse happy if you want him to win the race.

So is LO a better fit for Kobe or PJ. Kobe says the right things, but is him scoring 100pts, the right thing, or is getting a guy to help in that dept. better for Kobe
Venti Quattro
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject:

LO is a better fit for Phil. IF we traded for a player like Artest or Pierce, and they went to camp and learned the initiator role, both could do it and provide better scoring and mental toughness plus the desire Kobe craves for in his teammates.

PS...It's a Chad Ford chat, NOT Stein.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject:

So does Kobe prefer to score all the points or would he like a guy to help out. I kinda think he prefers to score whenever he wants. Will that ultimately drive PJ out and deter any other LEGIT 2nd options from signing.
rpadma12
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
So does Kobe prefer to score all the points or would he like a guy to help out. I kinda think he prefers to score whenever he wants. Will that ultimately drive PJ out and deter any other LEGIT 2nd options from signing.

what he seems to want is for somebody to help him carry the load in the 1st half and then he wants to take over.. so, no, he doesn't want to score all the points. Any shooter would love to play with Kobe.. that Lamar isn't. Lamar would be the perfect fit for both Kobe and Phil if he is the third option and we have a legit second option. and it seems that's want Lamar wants to be too. Let's not blame Kobe for Lamar not wanting to score. You read his comments and it seems that he would rather not score much. Nothing to do with Kobe.
rpadma12
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject:

As someone posted on this board, Phil knows Kobe is a "willing passer" as he wrote in his book, if his teammates aren't timid and do what they are supposed to do.. If they throw up bricks or don't move without the ball, Kobe thinks he has to do everything.
Laker-Ryoku
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject:

rpadma12 wrote:
Lamar would be the perfect fit for both Kobe and Phil if he is the third option and we have a legit second option.

This hits the nail right on the head. Why does everyone think Lamar doesn't work with Kobe. He doesn't want to shoot the big shot. he wants to pass and rebound and score quietly. Who better to go with Kobe. The problem is that Kobe does need help. Lamar just isnt it.

I always thought that trading Lamar for Artest wouldn't accomplish much, but if we could have gotten him without giving up Lamar (I know that wasnt realistic ) then we would have had something.
FOXeatsFISH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject:

I'd rather it be LA's team.
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject:

Honestly, who gives a crap. Chad Ford has always been a Kobe hater so why are we treating his innane comments as though they're something we need to serioiusly "discuss".

I don't care what Ford thinks. I have no regard for his idiot opinions. I can't stand the guy. He's not even b-ball qualified, and I honestly have no clue who he nailed to get the job at ESPN in the first place.
CrimsonLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject:

Agreed. Chad Ford is a toolish tool.
bambam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject:

i really dont think lamar is a perfect match for phil either.
Hes not a triangle fit without a jumpshot and his game is based on handling the ball.

hes trying to fill scotties role but isnt equipt to do so.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject:

LakerJam wrote:
Honestly, who gives a crap. Chad Ford has always been a Kobe hater so why are we treating his innane comments as though they're something we need to serioiusly "discuss".

I don't care what Ford thinks. I have no regard for his idiot opinions. I can't stand the guy. He's not even b-ball qualified, and I honestly have no clue who he nailed to get the job at ESPN in the first place.

Unless he says something you want to hear. This is a valid question that has yet to be discussed. Its not a hate LO thread. You all know if he says "LO is the perfect side kick to kobe, just give him time" you would be all over his .....
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
LakerJam wrote:

Unless he says something you want to hear. This is a valid question that has yet to be discussed. Its not a hate LO thread. You all know if he says "LO is the perfect side kick to kobe, just give him time" you would be all over his .....

Baloney. Chad Ford was an idiot when he was a webmaster... he's an idiot with ESPeoN.
lionballer7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Odom doesn't have right-handed handles.

He has absolutely no consistency with his jumpshot.

He is a poor finisher close to the rim.

Makes rookie mistakes (ex. Sacramento game).

Um yeah, I would agree he is a horrible fit for Kobe.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Lamar is a good fit with Phil or any elite coach because they all preach the same thing.

Unselfishness/Team basketball.

He's still far from a "perfect" fit in the Triangle. Still has a long way to go.

As for Kobe or who's team it is - It's Jerry Buss' team. That's all that matters.

Ask Shaq what he got for calling it his team in 2003. It sent him to Miami where he's now playing on Wade's team
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
bambam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Ask Shaq what he got for calling it his team in 2003. It sent him to Miami where he's now playing on Wade's team
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
LakerJam wrote:

Since you're not in my or anyone else's mind, don't presume to know what I would or wouldn't think or do. I've thought Ford was an ass whose unqualified to be any type of NBA "expert" for a long time now. In fact, his true education is in the area of nuclear physics or something along those lines - nothing to do with sports or physical education, and he's never played any type of serious basketball to make him qualified here. My opinion has nothing to do with loving or hating on Odom.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
LakerGreatNumber8 wrote:
It's KOBE'S Team...

So is LO a better fit for Kobe or PJ. Kobe says the right things, but is him scoring 100pts, the right thing, or is getting a guy to help in that dept. better for Kobe

Bounty, kobe doesn't need help in the SCORING dept. like we think. yes he needs guys to knock down open shots, or even take their man off the dribble or post them up in 1 on 1 situations. we dont need another player on the perimeter that draws double's and triple teams. thats not necessary. but what we do need is for our players to hustle like mark madsen, without stopping. they are young enough so theirs no excuse. if you're healthy, hustle. simple. The reason we won last night was cause kwame held his ground defensively against ming in crucial situations. and Devean George grabbed and chased down all the misses. we need more George like effort every night. we need to stop rolling the dice on our jumpers as if any of us shoot 60% behind the 3 point line. the shot goes up and people need to box out and crash. its that simple. we do that. we wont lose. period. no need for a trade. we will win every night with that mentality and this roster.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
bounty wrote:
LakerGreatNumber8 wrote:
It's KOBE'S Team...

Bounty, kobe doesn't need help in the SCORING dept. like we think. yes he needs guys to knock down open shots, or even take their man off the dribble or post them up in 1 on 1 situations. we dont need another player on the perimeter that draws double's and triple teams. thats not necessary. but what we do need is for our players to hustle like mark madsen, without stopping. they are young enough so theirs no excuse. if you're healthy, hustle. simple. The reason we won last night was cause kwame held his ground defensively against ming in crucial situations. and Devean George grabbed and chased down all the misses. we need more George like effort every night. we need to stop rolling the dice on our jumpers as if any of us shoot 60% behind the 3 point line. the shot goes up and people need to box out and crash. its that simple. we do that. we wont lose. period. no need for a trade. we will win every night with that mentality and this roster.

When Kobe can get others involved early thats when we seem to have success. Another bona fide scorer that others teams HAVE to guard maybe even double would allow kobe to be the set up man in the 1st and the assasin in the second. Cook though solid of late he is still unknown. Also imagine Cook, Kobe and another legit. When Kobe grips early when guys miss open shots he auto pilots it into attack mode totally forfeiting the offense. Our team defense is good, along with our group rebounding. Guys like cook, Smush, Mihm will all take there turns having good nights, but add another scorer to that and we win. Your points are right why we won, but we all know we dont and wont get that night in and night out. So we are relying on very inconsistent players to determine our wins.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: