Do you always really get what’s worth your NBA ticket?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
novano2004
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: Do you always really get what’s worth your NBA ticket?

I know that this is not the place to post this, but i just feel some of you in this lounge will have interesting responses to this.

Do you always really get what’s worth your NBA ticket? I know success has a price and every fan of any sports or any sport team must accept that price with will. But if someone goes to watch any NBA game expecting to see all of the great player on that team playing (if healthy) and have fun. Now if the team is winning by lets say 25 points and the game is in the 3rd quarter, does the coach or the team organization have the right to take the starters out of the game or they have to stay playing maybe after a brif rest. Why would someone get paid 10, 12, or 16 million sit on the bench if his team is losing, why not put him back and keep him playing. The coach is trying to protect him from being injured, well, then don’t play him at all. If the coach is worried about injured, which they can happen at anytime and it doesn’t matter how because it will lead to the same conclusion. I think any ticket buyer should have the right to watch the best players that he/she paid for and regardless of winning or losing. If I work for a company, I don’t think the company will tell me you can take the rest of the day off and I will pay you your full salary. I know it’s the company’s money and they can do anything with it. But in case of a NBA team I think that a lot of us get ripped off when it comes to tickets. If the team wins I still don’t think that the player must sit down. Now I don’t mean that the player must play all game long, but if a player is averaging about 32 minutes then, if his team is losing or winning by a big margin that player should still play at least 32 or 30 minutes. It will be fare for all.
OshadowO
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject:

you may be right but fans also want their team to win. Let's say the coaches take your advice and make their stars play blowouts. Now if the player gets injured, and is out for 2-3 weeks. Now all of the fans who bought tickets to attend the games during that time have been denied the chance to see this guy. Plus fans who paid for their tickets for those games now have to put up with the increased chance that they will watch their team lose.

We're paying not just to watch the best players, we're paying to watch our team win. If the team starts to lose, no matter who the top player is, no one will want to watch them. Eventually that top player will lose his draw anyway simply because he helms a losing team and no one will want to see him.

Which would you as a ticket holder prefer?
K8KillerInstinct
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject:

Its all about probability. Here it is in a simple form:

The chance of being injured when a player doesn't play is 0%. If you dont play you cant get injured right??

The chance of being injured when a player does play the whole game (4 quarters), lets say it is 10%.

The chance of being injured when a player plays for 3 quarters, lets say it is 5.

This makes sense because you have a greater probability of being injured when you play more. So, if you play less your probability of being injured decreases (from 10% to 5%). So thats why coaches do that.

Hopefully most of us understood this (sorry kids)
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:07 am    Post subject:

K8KillerInstinct wrote:

The chance of being injured when a player doesn't play is 0%. If you dont play you cant get injured right??

The chance of being injured when a player does play the whole game (4 quarters), lets say it is 10%.

The chance of being injured when a player plays for 3 quarters, lets say it is 5.

This makes sense because you have a greater probability of being injured when you play more. So, if you play less your probability of being injured decreases (from 10% to 5%). So thats why coaches do that.

Oh, I'm sure kids will be fine.

But us adults have questions about your probabilities.
Those numbers are based on absolutely nothing, correct?
K8KillerInstinct
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject:

shnjb wrote:
K8KillerInstinct wrote:

Oh, I'm sure kids will be fine.

But us adults have questions about your probabilities.
Those numbers are based on absolutely nothing, correct?

No it is not based on facts. I used hypothetical numbers to express the different quantities (i.e 5% is less than 10%). But I dont know the acutal numbers.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: