Latest hypocrisy from the TNT crew
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:59 am    Post subject:

brock wrote:
Look, if Wade, Payton, and Williams can't make Shaq better, I'm not sure what combo of guards could. Who exactly does Kenny think Shaq needs to make him "better"?
Obviously Kobe!
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Believe it or not, Kobe was the best guard for Shaq. And Phil was the best coach ....

Allowed Shaq to get the ball early and dominate. Then take over himself as the game wears on. As Kobe said, he made up for all of Shaq's weaknesses.

Wade is excellent, but does he really dominate the game towards the end and hit all those outside jumpers the defense will give you with Shaq inside?

It was a very basic plan, but it was what they did 8 times out of 10.

The Heat for some reason can't do that.

But then again, Shaq isn't the same player we had ....

Which is why in the years to come, it will come to fruition that Shaq was the bigger idiot for not making the concessions and sticking it out with Kobe.
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject:

The Dagger wrote:
TACH wrote:
Love me or hate me, it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, my swagger. Hate my fadeaway, my hunger. Hate that I'm a veteran. A champion. Hate that. Hate it with all your heart. And hate that I'm loved, for the exact same reasons...

That is awesome. Where did you get that from? And whom are you speaking of?
It's the narrative from Kobe's commercial that dropped yesterday. they are Kobe's words and kobe is speaking them in the commercial...it's pretty tight...didn't like the grainy video quality, but I liked it overall.
iml84myd8s
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:12 am    Post subject:

I saw these stats last night before the Dallas / Miami game on TNT. Here are the stats, but they include last nights game after the Heat lost to Miami.

(looking at the stats from my Tivo)

Miami Heat...

0-7 vs Top 4 Teams in the NBA
1-11 vs Divisional Leaders
13-14 Road Record

Miami Heat overall record (30-20) is bloated by their weak division and a weak Eastern Conference after Detroit. Perhaps, the stats against the tougher teams are a result of something else being bloated.

Last edited by iml84myd8s on Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:16 am; edited 2 times in total
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:15 am    Post subject:

iml84myd8s wrote:
I saw these stats last night before the Dallas / Miami game on TNT. Here are the stats, but they include last nights game after the Heat lost to Miami.

Miami Heat...

13-14 Road Record

Miami Heat overall record (30-20) is bloated by their weak division and a weak Eastern Conference after Detroit.
Yep, yet some so called 'experts' on these sports shows are/were picking them to go to the Finals. Talking head Morons!
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:17 am    Post subject:

karlmalonefan wrote:
iml84myd8s wrote:

Miami Heat...

13-14 Road Record

Miami Heat overall record (30-20) is bloated by their weak division and a weak Eastern Conference after Detroit.
Yep, yet some so called 'experts' on these sports shows are/were picking them to go to the Finals. Talking head Morons!

They're a great team against bad teams.

They're an average team against average teams.

They're a bad team against good/great teams.
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject:

I heard they killed Kenny Smith say that boosht too. I'm sure Chuck Barkley made him say it. How ridiculous, when will these Snaq jockers face reality. Stay Puff is toast. No human can ever make him better now. He is suffering from terminal Shawn Klumpitis. And there is no cure.

But it is a testament to how great Snaq had it over here in LaLa Land. Kobe, whorry, Foxy, Harper always seemed to get Lard ass the ball at the perfect time and spot.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Believe it or not, Kobe was the best guard for Shaq. And Phil was the best coach ....

Allowed Shaq to get the ball early and dominate. Then take over himself as the game wears on. As Kobe said, he made up for all of Shaq's weaknesses.

Wade is excellent, but does he really dominate the game towards the end and hit all those outside jumpers the defense will give you with Shaq inside?

It was a very basic plan, but it was what they did 8 times out of 10.

The Heat for some reason can't do that.

But then again, Shaq isn't the same player we had ....

Which is why in the years to come, it will come to fruition that Shaq was the bigger idiot for not making the concessions and sticking it out with Kobe.

Yup. I dont know if this is true, but I heard or read somewhere , that after game 7 last year against the Pist. Shaq had said "Kobe would have gotten me this game". Lifes a biatch
kenkoy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject:

There's hypocrisy there but also some sprinkling of truth. Shaq benefitted greatly from excellent entry passes from Fox, Shaw, Horry, Fish and even Kobe. Shaq sealing his man, and Fish with that entry passs from the corner is pretty much automatic.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: