Would you do this deal with Minnesotta

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
datniggbstyle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Would you do this deal with Minnesotta

Minnesotta is supposedly looking for a big body to pair with Kevin Garnett. They been more pleased with Marcus Banks and Jaric hasnt been recieiving PT. Also they have been in talks with the clippers to move Eddie Griffin. Here is the scenario....

Lakers Trade Kwame Brown, Brian Cook and a 2nd Round Draft Choice to Minnesotta for Marko Jaric and Eddie Griffin.

-Minnesotta gets their big bodies and a sweet shooting big man. Lakers add a great PG/SG option to either start or bring off the bench and a big man that has a comparable shot to Cookie but can block shots and be an athletic finisher. A potential Rasheed Wallace type player. Lakers trade two PF's but lets not forget about the return of Turiaf.

Roster

Chris Mihm/Andrew Bynum/Eddie Griffin
Eddie Griffin/Ronny Turiaf/Lamr Odom
Lamar Odom/Devean George/Luke Walton
Kobe Bryant/Sasha Vujacic/Smush Parker
Smush Parker/Marko Jaric/Sash Vujacic

Solid rotation.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: Would you do this deal with Minnesotta

datniggbstyle wrote:
Minnesotta is supposedly looking for a big body to pair with Kevin Garnett. They been more pleased with Marcus Banks and Jaric hasnt been recieiving PT. Also they have been in talks with the clippers to move Eddie Griffin. Here is the scenario....

Lakers Trade Kwame Brown, Brian Cook and a 2nd Round Draft Choice to Minnesotta for Marko Jaric and Eddie Griffin.

-Minnesotta gets their big bodies and a sweet shooting big man. Lakers add a great PG/SG option to either start or bring off the bench and a big man that has a comparable shot to Cookie but can block shots and be an athletic finisher. A potential Rasheed Wallace type player. Lakers trade two PF's but lets not forget about the return of Turiaf.

Roster

Solid rotation.

Uuuuhhhhh....Mihm would be the only remaining frontline player? It would be time to install runway lights in the lane and just put the little red sticks in Mihms hands directing players to the most direct path to the basket that would provide for the greatest poster shots for sportscenter... .... Kwame,Cook, & a 2nd rounder? Stop hogging the good stuff. I want a puff...
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
datniggbstyle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: Would you do this deal with Minnesotta

Aussiesuede wrote:
datniggbstyle wrote:

Roster

Solid rotation.

Uuuuhhhhh....Mihm would be the only remaining frontline player? It would be time to install runway lights in the lane and just put the little red sticks in Mihms hands directing players to the most direct path to the basket that would provide for the greatest poster shots for sportscenter... .... Kwame,Cook, & a 2nd rounder? Stop hogging the good stuff. I want a puff...

Mihm, Griffin, Bynum,Turiaf are all front line players. Not even including Odom. And three out of the four are adequate to excellent shot blockers. Eddie Griffin is top 10 in the league in blocked shots. Eddie Griffin has the same type of shooting ability as Brian Cook and is a better defender. Marko Jaric gives this team some offensive punch whether starting or off the bench.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject:

no,I love Marko but his contract is huge.Eddie has been haveing a hoorible season after playing so good last year,So I say no
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: Would you do this deal with Minnesotta

Aussiesuede wrote:
datniggbstyle wrote:

Roster

Solid rotation.

Funny stuff, Aussie. Cleared for takeoff, indeed...
And 1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject:

I think the problems with the proposed deal is two-fold:

A) If emplay's latest article is correct, the Lakers have guaranteed Kwame's thrid year at about $9M. Even the biggest Kwame apologist would have hesitated to do this; and,

B) The Clippers are rumored to be offering Chris Wilcox. Though he's had run-ins with Dunleavy and is smaller than Kwame, Wilcox has shown to be a far-superior player than Brown. Wilcox has even spent time playing center.

If I had the choice between your proposal and Chris Wilcox, I'd go with CW.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: Would you do this deal with Minnesotta

datniggbstyle wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
datniggbstyle wrote:

Roster

Solid rotation.

Mihm, Griffin, Bynum,Turiaf are all front line players. Not even including Odom. And three out of the four are adequate to excellent shot blockers. Eddie Griffin is top 10 in the league in blocked shots. Eddie Griffin has the same type of shooting ability as Brian Cook and is a better defender. Marko Jaric gives this team some offensive punch whether starting or off the bench.

So let's get this right. You're comfortable with foul prone Mihm guarding the opposing center with Griffin guarding the opposing PF and then being backed up by LUKE as he first option off the bench? And I don't know who you'd put in to backup Mihm after he's sent to the bench with 3 fouls in the first quarter? Turiaf has played a total of 30 seconds in the NBA. Haven't you noticed that no matter how beat up and thin the front line becomes, Phil still doesn't give Bynum anymore playing time, so you'd basically be asking Mihm and Griffin to play 40 minutes a game AND not foul out?
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject:

I'd do this trade, if we could sneak in KG. Think Lurch would notice?
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:03 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
I'd do this trade, if we could sneak in KG. Think Lurch would notice?

We'd have to get him to sign the papers while he was preoccupied with getting his bolts changed.
datniggbstyle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: Would you do this deal with Minnesotta

Aussiesuede wrote:
datniggbstyle wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
datniggbstyle wrote:

Roster

Solid rotation.

So let's get this right. You're comfortable with foul prone Mihm guarding the opposing center with Griffin guarding the opposing PF and then being backed up by LUKE as he first option off the bench? And I don't know who you'd put in to backup Mihm after he's sent to the bench with 3 fouls in the first quarter? Turiaf has played a total of 30 seconds in the NBA. Haven't you noticed that no matter how beat up and thin the front line becomes, Phil still doesn't give Bynum anymore playing time, so you'd basically be asking Mihm and Griffin to play 40 minutes a game AND not foul out?

Lamar Odom doesnt play PF anymore????

Things change, Bynum has earned the right to play more. I wouldnt be mad if Phil brought Bynum off the bench. We only lost ONE big man. Why you actin like its an epidemic. Kid is going to have to earn his stripes some time.
loyola66
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject:

BRIAN COOK IS UNTOUCHABLE.
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:25 am    Post subject:

loyola66 wrote:
BRIAN COOK IS UNTOUCHABLE.

It's always nice when players' parents joing LG. Welcome, Joyce.
Philostrator
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject:

No, we need Cook, but kwame can go.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject:

I don't think Jaric and/or Griffin are the answers. And making a deal to make a deal is usually wrong, so I would pass.
Dennis_D
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject:

1. It's not clear to me that Griffin is an upgrade to Kwame. Minnesota is desperate for size (they are starting Mark Madsen at center) and yet he's getting only 20 mpg
  2. Brown isn't going to be traded this season unless it is for someone like KG. I think the Lakers are committed to giving him at least one season to develop, much like the did with Chris Mihm
  3. I agree that the Lakers can trade Cook and I think he is the best trading piece they have. The Lakers #1 need is help at the PG position. So, I would simplify your trade idea to George and Cook for Jaric
  4. I wouldn't consider a player like Jaric who has a 6 year contract and is currently underperforming. If he flops for the Lakers, then no one will touch him and the Lakers will be stuck with him for 5 more years

angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject:

How about Kwame, Cook and change for KG?
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject:

Griffin seems like one of those great atheletes who is a horrible basketball player. He's a small forward with PF height but no bulk. He's a great weakside shot blocker but can't play man defense against PF's because they are always stronger than him. He doesn't bang inside but instead hoists up 3P's when he's not even accurate.

Jaric is way overrated and very injury prone. If emplay is right there is the need to dump Kwame's salary ASAP (hell, even if emplay is wrong), but this can't be the best way to do it.
thegreatest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I don't think Jaric and/or Griffin are the answers. And making a deal to make a deal is usually wrong, so I would pass.

what a lot of people seem not to understand.
ncaugnit
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject:

No

I hate to use the evil smiley face, but no.
FerrisVille
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject:

oh God, here we go again. What inspired Dat to start this crap again?
Hatori Hanzo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject:

that pipe is gooood
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: