For Those Who Haven't Seen the DIME issue with Kobe
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingKobeDubbz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:56 am    Post subject:

Wow....Bout to hit up borders or barnes or some big book store. In fact I might just subscribe to Dime. It's not the first time I've bought a Kobe issue of Dime. Remember his other issue the God's Son issue. Yup that joint was real tight. I mean I got stacks of Slam, COmplex, Rolling Stones, Sports Illustrated, Vibe, Dub , Playboys, I guess it's only fitting to add Dime to the list.
sbrighter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:15 am    Post subject:

He writes very well. I doubt you could see many other athletes put out such an honest look into their thoughts and beliefs. What struck me was how much he has thought about this stuff and how lonely he must feel sometimes. It makes you wonder if he'll ever get the credit he deserves because he is not the self-congratulating fun loving role model that the league usually looks for. And its nice to see that he has probably read a few of the books that Phil gave him. Maybe they can assign books together for the team to read.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:39 am    Post subject:

the things that kobe wrote are definitely a paradigm not only for every player but for every human being... it's not only about basketball, but about your relationship with life... this guy has great values... i would tell him only to add a little bit of smile, sometimes...
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject:

WOW! Great read...thanks for sharing this, kemi. My respect for him just went up exponentially. Great to read his point of view on things. I feel like I know him better now. It's a shame he is so misunderstood...kinda like kareem was in his day. Dude can write!
aiel
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject:

I wonder if Alexander the Great had this type of drive when he conquered much of the known world.
El Ocho
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject:

content was excellent even though i think he could have written it better. it went back and forth a few times rather than flow from begining to end, but that is the editors fault at Dime. Kobe is an interresting individual.
KoolMo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject:

Incredible. Well written, insightful. Honest. Revelatory. I feel like I've always sensed this kind of thing in Kobe, but the media focused on the surface and the "true" was concealed. Now that "true" is coming out.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject:

Wow this was an amazing article, this guy is talented in everything he does...a true warrior
KB8LJ23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject:

It was an amazing read. He is very articulate and focused in this article. I didn't know Kobe could write that good. It really helped me understand him better. I know that with a little help on the offensive and defensive end Kobe and the LA lakers will rise to the top once more.
BygDaddy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject:

No wonder I identify with him so much. I'm just like Kobe in that I can't stand losing and when people say I can't do something it makes me want to do it more. I'm a bit of a loner too.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: