Dallas giving Miami a beatdown

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
targetman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Dallas giving Miami a beatdown

Miami is 1 and 11 against top teams. As Stu would say, "That won't get it done."
targetman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject:

From the Miami board:
This team often catches the Shaq fever IMO.

When Shaq comes to play, and is out there having fun and dunking on everyone the entire team kicks it up a notch. But when Shaq ISN'T in the mood to play, it's amazing how it affects the entire team. He drags everyone down with him. That's not cool.

Your only as good as your best player, and if you best player doesn't want to play your kinda screwed.

IMO, Shaq is beyond the point of his career where he HAS to get the ball every possesion. This team has too many weapons to wait around for Shaq to show up. We don't have to depend on him.

And then there's this:

think your exactly right. You like to see your team play with intensity no matter how "well" they actually play. Personally I don't think you'll have to worry about that tonight as Shaq hates the Mavs, and tends to have his best game against them.

One problem I think the Heat have is that they do follow Shaq's lead alot, and since his 3 rings Shaq has really had the "i'll turn it on in the playoffs" attitude. That might be ok when in you have already won a couple of rings, but I think it hurts you when your the leader of a team that hasn't done it yet.

I think it takes practice to play with playoff intensity. If you've done it like the Kobe/Shaq Lakers or the Spurs, then I don't think the regular season is as important. But for the Mavs and Heat, I think it is very important to get it geared up earlier in the season.

I hope both teams bring it tonight which should make it fun.

I can't help but see flashbacks of 2004. Shaq didn't show up half the time and took games off. It ended up killing the team, along with other things.

IMO, if Shaq doesn't come to play we need to throw a lineup of J Will, GP, Wade, Walker, and Zo out there and RUUUUNNN! We need more of that showtime stuff. We can't give up on that just because Shaq don't want to play.

And then there's this:

We lose by 36!!!!!

1-11 now against division leaders!!!!
gill2k
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject:

They're only win against division leaders was a one-point victory against the Nets.

Damn!
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Dallas giving Miami a beatdown

targetman wrote:
Miami is 1 and 11 against top teams. As Stu would say, "That won't get it done."

You forgot to pause. "That won't...get it done."
lakers_less_340+
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Dallas giving Miami a beatdown

targetman wrote:

I thought they were 0 for 8, who did they beat? Is the 1-11 including Detroit?
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject:

That was a beat down they got tonight. The sad thing is the Heat just rolled over and play dead. At least the Lakers with a depleted roster actually fought and made a game of it.
Quack
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject:

Detroit might seriously sweep their way into the finals the way the heat are playing,its sad that miami is still the second best team in the east.Shaqs window for a championship hasnt closed, but only because the window cant shut cuz hes stuck trying to get through it
tony smith
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Dallas giving Miami a beatdown

Exick wrote:
targetman wrote:

..."on the lakers basketball network."
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:20 am    Post subject:

dwyane wade is a very good player. but he's no kobe. and shaq needs a kobe.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:29 am    Post subject: Re: Dallas giving Miami a beatdown

tony smith wrote:
Exick wrote:
targetman wrote:

..."on the lakers basketball network."

"on the lakerrrs....basketball network."

It's all in the pause.

That was quite a spanking Miami got tonight. I heard the slap from so cal. And Snaq is Dampier's bucket boy.
targetman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject:

I'm loving the bucket boy reference. I use it in my day to day dealings with co-workers and friends. He is my bucket boy.

I do think Phil should respond that Cuban is his cabana boy tho.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject:

ballerxj wrote:
Detroit might seriously sweep their way into the finals the way the heat are playing,its sad that miami is still the second best team in the east.Shaqs window for a championship hasnt closed, but only because the window cant shut cuz hes stuck trying to get through it

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: