Cook wanted #34
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
B_P
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Kobe8 wrote:
Do it, Mitch!

I swear, that is the funniest thing anyone can write here at LG!!

Especially if it has absolutley nothing to do with Mitch!!

"Do it Mitch!" is never not funny!
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject:

Is it possible Cook is being showcased for a trade?
ShadyG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject:

It's entirely possible that Cook's stock will never be higher than it is right at this moment.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
mitch&kwame
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject:

Cook should take more shots than kobe. Honestly........
DicksHutnick
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject:

LakerLegend wrote:
62 wrote:
Come on folks, show some respect. Cook too.

Hate him all you want but Shaq deserves his place in the Lakers history.
Sure, he didn't take the break up well but he's done amazing things for us on the court. This shouldn't even be a question.

I agree, he does deserve a place in history.

You're doing fine, and then suddenly...

Quote:

If he had just shut his mouth and gone to Miami, then yeah, Cook is out of line. However, all of this, "This is my team," saying "Pay me m-fer," to the owner of the team, in front of the press, and then badmouthing Kobe at every opportunity he has? Give me a break. You can't do great things for someone, then piss in their face and then expect all of the bad things to be instantly forgotten. Life doesn't work like that.

None of that is equal to three titles. His number hangs no matter how you feel about it. Book it. #34 would've been given away to Cook if it weren't earmarked for retirement, so that's that.
kobekillinu2nite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject:

mitch&kwame wrote:
If cook keeps shooting at high %, I will give #8 to him immediately.

Blasphemy.......................
Klassix
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject:

with all the crap fatty has spewed about the Lakers and the organization, wouldn't that be a fitting slap in the face if they gave Cook that number?
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject:

LakerLegend wrote:
62 wrote:
Come on folks, show some respect. Cook too.

Hate him all you want but Shaq deserves his place in the Lakers history.
Sure, he didn't take the break up well but he's done amazing things for us on the court. This shouldn't even be a question.

I agree, he does deserve a place in history. If he had just shut his mouth and gone to Miami, then yeah, Cook is out of line. However, all of this, "This is my team," saying "Pay me m-fer," to the owner of the team, in front of the press, and then badmouthing Kobe at every opportunity he has? Give me a break. You can't do great things for someone, then piss in their face and then expect all of the bad things to be instantly forgotten. Life doesn't work like that.

well said, if the fatness had kept quiet and not belittled the laker fans and organization i would have no problem but too want his number retired gracefully now ? In a simple sentence..Hells no (bleep)!!. After we bring home another 6 titles and shaq has none , then i will gladly retire it next too mr.Bryants # 8, u know the guys who got shaq his 3 rings.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:32 am    Post subject:

kobekillinu2nite wrote:
mitch&kwame wrote:
If cook keeps shooting at high %, I will give #8 to him immediately.

Blasphemy.......................

Oh no i think another L.G'er has gone off his rocker, dont worry these rough days wont last long, we'll stop sucking soon, its so difficult for some fans, fix it Kupcake and the Buss'es
jack13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:42 am    Post subject:

Number 34 belongs to Snaq wheter you like it or not, I mean I hate him but I respect him for the wonderful years with Lakers
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:10 am    Post subject:

The Lakers are a class organization. Shaq may be the first superstar center to abandon L.A., but in the end, the Lakers years will be Shaq's fondest memories. Shaq's punishment is he will have to point to the Lakers years as his best and live his life with a tarnished reputation in the eyes of most L.A. fans. Shaq was the one to breakup a Championship team. Some Miami fans are already saying Shaq got his money, but now he's too lazy to earn it. I don't expect any Championships in Miami, because Shaq can no longer rely on his youthful dominance. He needed to do what Vlade did when he got to that age. Shaq needed to be in the best shape of his life. Unless the Pistons have multiple injuries, I can't see them stumbling in the East. Shaq did leave, but at least he left the Lakers with Odom and Butler to help begin again. The Lakers won't risk offending any potential free agent who might be interested in coming to L.A. for a retired number 34. The Lakers will honor the memory of Shaq's Championship years, because they are a class organization and a wise organization in terms of the business of basketball.
dinlabreak
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject:

lets see cook put together a string of games like he did in houston before we declare him a hall of famer
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject:

Shaq could have gone elsewhere. He demanded the most he could get, but he did add value to the team. He was instumental in three consecutive Championships. He is part of the Lakers legacy as a team. That is something nobody will take away from him. However, he also was the first superstar to demand a trade out of L.A. That makes him unique. That makes him the subject of hatred among some. Shaq didn't change. He was a mercenary when he came to L.A. and when he left. He was a hired gun. He was selfish. When it suited him, he wanted to leave. He made his money, but it was strictly business.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: