elton brand takes a shot at kobe
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nesli
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: elton brand takes a shot at kobe

LkrsOvrMia wrote:
nesli wrote:
Quote:
Along with Brand's offensive dominance, the Clippers held Memphis to just 12 points in the fourth quarter in their 91-87 victory in front of 17,182 at Staples Center.

Brand went 17 of 26 (65 percent) from the field and 10 of 10 from the free-throw line in leading the Clippers to their 10th victory in 12 games. He added nine rebounds as the Clippers recovered from an 11-point deficit in the first half.

"I know that some of my teammates were missing shots from their spots, so I was like, 'OK, I got to do this,' " he said.

A writer then asked if he did his best Kobe Bryant impersonation.

"I didn't get up that many shots, did I?" asked Brand.

Get real guy! No offense but is your reading comprehension that bad?

This has been blown out of proportion!!!!!

Poor Kobe!

Go Lakers! Go Kobe!!

OH yes it isn't as good as yours. :roll:
Raptor2k
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: elton brand takes a shot at kobe

nesli wrote:
Quote:
Along with Brand's offensive dominance, the Clippers held Memphis to just 12 points in the fourth quarter in their 91-87 victory in front of 17,182 at Staples Center.

Brand went 17 of 26 (65 percent) from the field and 10 of 10 from the free-throw line in leading the Clippers to their 10th victory in 12 games. He added nine rebounds as the Clippers recovered from an 11-point deficit in the first half.

"I know that some of my teammates were missing shots from their spots, so I was like, 'OK, I got to do this,' " he said.

Where's the shot at Kobe?
thumpinghead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: elton brand takes a shot at kobe

nesli wrote:
Quote:

Poor Brand. All that game and he's talking trash from the Clippers...the Clippers...

I don't care about the standings...Brand will never be a better player then Kobe to any sane mind in the universe. Sorry Elton.
Money$hot!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject:

Kobe Jockers take everything personally. No surprises here.
Hatori Hanzo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject:

And THIS needs to be analized
Ank
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject:

Every little thing said about Kobe isn't an insult. The idea that every player in the league hates Kobe is simply false. They know how good he is. Let's stop blowing things out of proportion. Elton made that statement toungue in cheek. He meant nothing by it. I've only heard him in interviews a few times, but he seems like a cool guy. Let's not make rivalries where there aren't any. A few people actually do dislike Kobe. Everyone else respects him whether they like him a lot or not. It just pisses me off when some player makes some small comment that isn't even particularly inflammatory or meant in jest, and everyone badmouths him and talks about how much better Kobe is than said player. Kobe IS better and EB knows it. Let's not be so damn defensive.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject:

Zhengi wrote:
Who cares? If EB became available, I would definitely want the Lakers to pick him up for this team. That guy is awesome. I'm still laughing at the fact that the Bulls gave him up for Tyson Chandler and Eddie Curry.

Im probably wrong, but wasnt it just Chandler and not Curry?
bthanos
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Gosh, i don't know about you guys, but i find it UNACCEPTABLE whenever people fail to do anything other than sing Kobe's praises to the ethereal strata they are entitled to. Who does Elton think he is speaking of Kobe without comparing him to Jesus? Let's start up a gestapo and get ANYONE that says anything that could be even remotely construed as anything aside from fierce adulation and loyalty.

Puffy,

Do you know where the word gestapo comes from? I have many friends who would be extremely offended by your use of this word. You need to be carefull what you say. "The GESTAPO was one of the primary agencies for the persecution of the Jews. The persecution of the Jews under the Nazi regime is a story of increasingly severe treatment, beginning with restrictions, then seizure and spoliation of property, commitment to concentration camps, deportation, slave labor, and finally mass murder. The GESTAPO carried out mass murders of hundreds of thousands of civilians of occupied countries as a part of the Nazi program to exterminate political and racial undesirables ("Einsatz Groups"):"
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: