Lets Not Rule out a Deal with a Division Foe

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
datniggbstyle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Lets Not Rule out a Deal with a Division Foe

The Golden State Warriors according to reports http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/39088/20060211/biedrins_could_make_murphy_expendable/ have deemed Troy Murphy expendable.

Their Center position has seemingly been an Achilles heel for them all season, trying Diogu, Foyle and Biedrins there. I think they may have a genuie interest for Chris Mihm and some expiring contracts. We all know Diogu is ready to contribute full time at the 4. Mihm could be the piece that they think is missing. There isnt really a player they could acquire in the near future that could help them at the center spot like Mihm can. He has shown he is a top 10 center in this league. Fortunatley for us we have a top 10 center sitting on the bench getting ripe in a couple of years. Here is the potential deal.

The Deal

Lakers Trade Chris Mihm, Devean George,Slava Medevedekno and First Round Pick to Golden State Warriors for Troy Murphy and Derek Fisher.

The Lakers add a physical player in Murphy that loves to bang the boards and would be the best shooter on the roster. He would stretch defense for kobe and allow Lamar to work EXCLUSIVELY in the post. Fisher adds what he adds. Defense stretcher and a great jump shot. and leadership.

Golden State adds the Center they need and also allows Monta Ellis to recieve more playing time because they love the kid.

Roster

Kwame Brown/Andrew Bynum
Troy Murphy/Brian Cook/Ronny Turiaf
Lamar Odom/Luke Walton/Devin Green
Kobe Bryant/Sasha Vujacic/Von Wafer/Aaron Mckie
Derek Fisher/Smush Parker

That is a solid team and with the growth of Bynum and some MLE signings over the next two seasons they should be able to compete with the big boys.

*Key note Murphy has missed the last two games with an apparent ankle injury, ive read through AP reports of their past couple games and have find no mention of an ankle injury occuring during the course of a game*

Last edited by datniggbstyle on Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
KobeFTW
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject:

is this a rumour or just what you think would be a good trade
Tracy McGrady, the player closest to matching Kobe in pure individual ability, was 'no picnic to deal with either. I heard that every time someone says 'get back on defense,' his back hurts. "the last season'-Phil Jackson
datniggbstyle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject:

KobeFTW wrote:
is this a rumour or just what you think would be a good trade

This is not necessarily something i would want to see happen, just speculation about what could be going on. Peep the sig. I aint got no sources.....
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject:

I don't know man. If we pulled off the trade then the C would be an achilles heel for us. PJ already has demonstrated he will not play Bynum for extended periods of competitive play.
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject:

I'd do it, but only if the other trade falls through.
datniggbstyle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject:

Sage_10 wrote:
I don't know man. If we pulled off the trade then the C would be an achilles heel for us. PJ already has demonstrated he will not play Bynum for extended periods of competitive play.

Although we dont have a great record without him, He hasnt played for a while. I would say Adding Murphy and Fish would only help. Kwame has done an average job defending the paint at his true position of Center. He should be able to hold it down for 30 minutes a game. It all depends on the match ups though. We would be one of the better rebounding teams with Murph and Lamar though.
eldrunko714
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject:

I would not trade Chris Mihm and a 1st round pick for an overpaid Fisher and Murphy. Fisher was ok during the championship years but his weaknesses were made up by the greatness of those teams. He can't make a lay up if his life depended on it and basically a spot up shooter. You're also forgetting our cap plan and Fisher and Murphy are both way overpaid not to mention the gaping hole in our front line. Horrible trade idea. This trade does not make us any better. We give up way too much.
brandnew
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject:

Mihm had been playing extremely well before he got hurt. I wouldn't do this deal and take on Murphy's contract.
insidepresence
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't do it...Mihm is our only low post player...and he can block a few shots here and there. Murphy does niether, and has a terrible contract
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject:

hell no. Murphy sucks.
WestCCa
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject:

KobeButler wrote:
hell no. Murphy sucks.

Perfect. Short, sweet, and absolutely correct.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: