42-31 Ft disparity at home

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: 42-31 Ft disparity at home

with Chuckie Atkins...CHUCKIE ATKINS taking 12 (bleep) FT's. I'm at a loss.

Classic Phil Jackson (bleep) job

Get everyone involved until they continue to stink and then rely on Kobe to shoot over doubles, no calls and we're screwed.

and then, said scrubs, with all the huffy and puffy Phil the Zen master can muster, decide to shoot critical shots down the stretch (Odom, has yet to hit a meaningful shot since he pissed his diapers, and now Cook, the new hero, the latest scrub to believe that he could be Kobe's Robin, shooting a brick with 10 seconds left out of a timeout)

Really vintage Phil Jackson ball.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: 42-31 Ft disparity at home

OdomX2 wrote:

Get everyone involved until they continue to stink and then rely on Kobe to shoot over doubles, no calls and we're screwed.

and then, said scrubs, with all the huffy and puffy Phil the Zen master can muster, decide to shoot critical shots down the stretch (Odom, has yet to hit a meaningful shot since he pissed his diapers, and now Cook, the new hero, the latest scrub to believe that he could be Kobe's Robin, shooting a brick with 10 seconds left out of a timeout)

The way the game was being called, there was really no reason for the Lakers to be launching 27 3pt attempts. We're not the Suns or the Warriors, there's never a need to launch more then 15 3's in a game anyways, anytime we shoot more then that, expect a close game and most likely a lost.

Gotta be aggressive and attack the hoop even if the calls aren't going your way. Stop settling for 3's. This goes for Kobe too. 1-8...
Lionel The Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject:

Philip has no choice. He didn't draft Sasha. NBDL refugee William Parker is just as bad on defense.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject:

why are you blaming phil for this lost. Odom and Cook made the decisions to go for it. Not Phil. That is ridiculous.

We are a five hundred team. Deal with it.
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject:

the famous "blame ref" threads after every loss.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
why are you blaming phil for this lost. Odom and Cook made the decisions to go for it. Not Phil. That is ridiculous.

We are a five hundred team. Deal with it.

Stop blaming individuals. There's no reason for 27 3pta's to be sprinkled all over the game especially going against a soft interior team like Memphis. Hell, they went to the line 42 times! You come out flat, and you can't expect to win. They allowed Gasol to go off for what, 17 in the first quarter? Pathetic.
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject:

KobeButler wrote:

Gotta be at least one of them
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject:

KobeButler wrote:

11 pt ft disparity with their backup recently waived guard shooting more FT's than Kobe Bryant. Nah, just a coincidence.
lakersfan4life69
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject:

dude, the lakers are playing no defense. none, zip, nada. they reach all the time, and if you haven't noticed, that's a foul every time this year.
Hades
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject:

too many stupid permiter(sp?) foul
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan4life69 wrote:
dude, the lakers are playing no defense. none, zip, nada. they reach all the time, and if you haven't noticed, that's a foul every time this year.

I've got NO PROBLEM with the touch fouls or the reaches being called on the Lakers. Just call them both ways. I'm sick and damn tired of watching Kobe get hammered with no call, and the other teams backup guard getting touch fouls...AGAIN IN THE LAKERS BUILDING! Honestly, I've been a fan of pro ball and the Lakers for 30 years. If Kobe weren't a Laker, I'd never watch this league, I mean ever.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject:

OdomX2 wrote:
lakersfan4life69 wrote:

I've got NO PROBLEM with the touch fouls or the reaches being called on the Lakers. Just call them both ways. I'm sick and damn tired of watching Kobe get hammered with no call, and the other teams backup guard getting touch fouls...AGAIN IN THE LAKERS BUILDING! Honestly, I've been a fan of pro ball and the Lakers for 30 years. If Kobe weren't a Laker, I'd never watch this league, I mean ever.

Totally agree. Unless it's an obvious hack, the Lakers get the double standard almost every night, except that NY game.
superboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject:

Worthy42 wrote:
OdomX2 wrote:
lakersfan4life69 wrote:

Totally agree. Unless it's an obvious hack, the Lakers get the double standard almost every night, except that NY game.

Hell yeah, there's a double standard, especially when you consider that Kobe's arguably the best player in the league. But like someone said before, unlike Magic, Michael, Wade, Lebron, Kobe's not the NBA darling, that's for sure. But there is a double standard big time.

I agree, if it weren't for Kobe, I'm pretty much done with the league. I've been slowly weaning myself off the past 2 years, but I keep getting sucked back. But with flopping and the inconsistent foul calling, and the zone defense, this league just sucks. My interest will come back maybe if they just go back to normal sometime in Kobe's career and take out the zone defense. I'm sick of watching team college ball in the NBA. This is a man's league, not an amatuer shooter's league. I swear, some of these guys that think they're so valuable in the NBA (aka Bruce Bowen) would be nothing without zone D. If I want to watch college ball (and I don't) I'll watch real college ball, don't try to force the issue in professional basketball.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject:

What the F happened to letting players decide the game? How often you see clock winding down and they call a foul 20 feet away from the basket, guy not even shooting the ball, to decide the game via FT? Did they mistook Chucky for Michael Jordan or Lebron James? Heck, Lebron doesn't even get that kind of calls at this point. Did these refs have a little action on the side with Rick Tocchet?
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject:

What made me sick was watching Memphis flopping around out there on both ends hoping to get calls. AND GETTING THEM... that was disgusting to watch, it's not even basketball anymore at that point. More of a stunt man challenge or something.
lakers_less_340+
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:36 am    Post subject: Re: 42-31 Ft disparity at home

Worthy42 wrote:
OdomX2 wrote:

The way the game was being called, there was really no reason for the Lakers to be launching 27 3pt attempts. We're not the Suns or the Warriors, there's never a need to launch more then 15 3's in a game anyways, anytime we shoot more then that, expect a close game and most likely a lost.

Gotta be aggressive and attack the hoop even if the calls aren't going your way. Stop settling for 3's. This goes for Kobe too. 1-8...

Agreed, they shoot entirely too many threes. Its one thing if you have players who can shoot them at a decent %, but quite a different thing when they can't hit the broad side of a barn with a bulldozer!

Enough with the threes!!!!!

Atkins shoots 12 free throws, I bet he never had a game in a Laker uniform with that many, in fact he was or at least it seems he was, always launching up 3's!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: