Kenyon Martin?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thegreatest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
If I was Jerry Buss,I would not want to be paying a 34 year old 16.5 million in the last year of his deal

how much would he have been paying grant?
Wolverine
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
If I was Jerry Buss,I would not want to be paying a 34 year old 16.5 million in the last year of his deal

Don't mean to nit-pick, but he'll be 33.

His contract ends the same year as Kobe's and Kenyon's only 8 months older.
Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject:

thegreatest wrote:
Klone_dd wrote:
Why would Denver trade with the Lakers at this point? The two teams could end up playing each other in the 1st round of the playoffs. I'd like to see Kiki explain that one to the Nug fans - "Yeah, Kobe plus Kmart may have knocked us out of the first round, but... but look at the cap space were gaining" :roll:

they need to rid themselves of K-mart
they offered him to the bull s for TT
to the nicks for penny

they want to resign Nene, and melo.
melo is getting max, nene is going to get around 8 mil a year

so they have melo and k-mart getting max money? k-mart is getting over payed. if they keep kmart and resign nene, they are in Lux tax.

My question is why would the Nugs trade with a team that is potentially their 1st round playoff opponent?

I understand all the cap/lux tax implications and that they want to get rid of Kmart, but how do you explain it to the fans when they get ousted from the playoffs by a player whom they just traded?
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject:

Kenyon Martin is a BAD idea. Potentially franchise-killing. He's got two bad knees. So what if he had a big game last night? Think he can sustain that over multiple seasons? This guy is a Chris Webber waiting to happen, except Martin in his prime isn't anywhere near what C-Webb was in his prime. Martin has maybe 2 years of decent production left, IMO. He'll be three years of salary cap dead weight after that.
FerrisVille
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Kenyon Martin is a BAD idea. Potentially franchise-killing. He's got two bad knees. So what if he had a big game last night? Think he can sustain that over multiple seasons? This guy is a Chris Webber waiting to happen, except Martin in his prime isn't anywhere near what C-Webb was in his prime. Martin has maybe 2 years of decent production left, IMO. He'll be three years of salary cap dead weight after that.
thegreatest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Klone_dd wrote:
thegreatest wrote:
Klone_dd wrote:
Why would Denver trade with the Lakers at this point? The two teams could end up playing each other in the 1st round of the playoffs. I'd like to see Kiki explain that one to the Nug fans - "Yeah, Kobe plus Kmart may have knocked us out of the first round, but... but look at the cap space were gaining" :roll:

to the nicks for penny

so they have melo and k-mart getting max money? k-mart is getting over payed. if they keep kmart and resign nene, they are in Lux tax.

My question is why would the Nugs trade with a team that is potentially their 1st round playoff opponent?

I understand all the cap/lux tax implications and that they want to get rid of Kmart, but how do you explain it to the fans when they get ousted from the playoffs by a player whom they just traded?

well if they want to rid themselves of martin, and leave enough room to resign nene, who else would they trade with and also get a decent big?

we can beat denver with our current team.

there is not that many teams for them to trade with. here what the team needs to have in order to get k-mart

1. a need for a PF, if they don't have a need, they won't pay him max money
2. some cap relif
3. another solid player on the cheap, to help them still amke apush for the playoffs.

this only happens since they want to move him and save money.
NKY is out
chi is out
houston, still in the west, but can't offer a solid big in return like we can.
there is no other team
thumpinghead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject:

iml84myd8s wrote:
Give me KMart over LO.

First of all, Kenyon makes less than Odom so let’s not call Kenyon over paid unless you believe Odom is over paid. Second of all, KMart plays with heart, passion and intensity. Everything LO lacks. KMart is a beast on defense, can score in the post and bangs the boards just as hard as LO.

Trade LO ($11.4) and George ($5) for KMart ($10.9) and Earl Watson ($5).

Watson / Parker / Sasha
Kobe / McKie / Wafer
Kenyon / Walton / Green
Kwame / Cook / Turiaf
Mihm / Bynum / (forgot @ Slava)

Instant defense!

F’k the 2007 plan. According to emplay, Kwame’s 3rd year is now guaranteed so it sounds like it’s already scrapped.

pass whatever you are smoking

you have walton
(the worst sf ever)

green
(a shooting g)

martin
(a pf)
Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject:

thegreatest wrote:
Klone_dd wrote:
thegreatest wrote:
Klone_dd wrote:

to the nicks for penny

well if they want to rid themselves of martin, and leave enough room to resign nene, who else would they trade with and also get a decent big?

there is not that many teams for them to trade with. here what the team needs to have in order to get k-mart

2. some cap relif
3. another solid player on the cheap, to help them still amke apush for the playoffs.

NKY is out
chi is out
there is no other team

Don't forget the Nugs are a playoff team right now, just like we are. They don't need to make a move right now and can afford to wait. Why make a trade to make a push for the playoffs, when, once they get there, they have to face the player they just traded? Illogical.

They may love Nene, but until he recovers, they have no idea how what he can bring.
thegreatest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Klone_dd wrote:
thegreatest wrote:
Klone_dd wrote:
thegreatest wrote:
Klone_dd wrote:

to the nicks for penny

2. some cap relif

NKY is out
chi is out
there is no other team

Don't forget the Nugs are a playoff team right now, just like we are. They don't need to make a move right now and can afford to wait. Why make a trade to make a push for the playoffs, when, once they get there, they have to face the player they just traded? Illogical.

They may love Nene, but until he recovers, they have no idea how what he can bring.

i see what you are saying, but this isn't a move to get better. this is a move to:
1. get rid of a over priced PF, that could be replaced with the value you have
2. get rid of a guy who your coach doesn't like, and he doesn't like the coach
3. save millions in luxary tax money.

the nuggents are saying (with this deal), they would rather keep nene, and pay him his value than keep K-mart and over pay him. especially for what he brings to the team

if K-mart and karl got along, and the owner didn't care about luxary tax it wouldn't matter.

since the onwer doesn't want to pay the luxary tax, he moves k-mart now. because once the resign nene, they would be over the cap.

also each year k-marts salary goes up, which makes it more difficult to deal him(especially if he gets hurt again).

so the question to them..

is mihm, nene, and luxary tax savings greater than k-mart?
NestT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject:

K-Mart averages about 70 games per year.

It aint that bad. He misses 12 games a year?

Like Larry said the Lakers have to shop at Wal-Mart not Saks.

Trade Mihm and George for K-Mart, Draft the best player available among PGs or Sfs . Then you sign George or a young veteran pg in the summer depending on what you get in the draft.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject:

NestT wrote:
K-Mart averages about 70 games per year.

It aint that bad. He misses 12 games a year?

Like Larry said the Lakers have to shop at Wal-Mart not Saks.

Trade Mihm and George for K-Mart, Draft the best player available among PGs or Sfs . Then you sign George or a young veteran pg in the summer depending on what you get in the draft.

The Lakers have to keep Mihm (the Lakers best big man) until Bynum is ready... No way we get any where with just Kwame at this point...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject:

But...but...what about KG???
Lionel The Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject:

This thread is funny.
rebirth
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject:

wouldnt mind seeing kmart here. guy can match kobe's intensity for sure..
targetman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject:

This was asked on the RealGM Nuggets board:

Just curious - if K-Mart were moved to the Lakers, who would you all want not named Odom or Bynum (branded as untouchable but laker mgmt).

We've got Devean George (good hustle, rebounding, defense, so-so shooter, $5MM expiring K), Slava (worthless, $3M expiring K), Kwame (who knows what he's worth - plays good post d, useless on offense); Aaron McKie (injured, who knows what he has left in the tank); Cook (great spot-up shooter, soft as a pf).

I don't know enough about your lineup to know what holes you might be trying to fill, beyond freeing up cap space with expiring contracts...

Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:48 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And this was added to it by Larry Coon. Note bold face at the end.

One interesting thing I've noticed about potential trades -- fans always think "their" player has a higher trade value than he actually has -- or even think he won't be moved at all. The Nuggets have been shopping K-Mart, and he isn't exactly commanding a premium price. Teams know the Nuggets need to move him, so they aren't offering much (see the Artest trade earlier this year), and K-Mart comes with baggage in the form of a huge contract, a hurt knee, and some degree of bad attitude. Right now Denver knows that they can't max out Anthony with Martin still on the roster (or at least, the owner doesn't want to -- same diff), and are interested in taking what they can get (Friday was a showcase game, BTW).

Make one substitution from what msb212 posted, and we're pretty close to what I've heard being discussed.

And then the other poster added this. I'm feeling Kwame or Mihm:

And I have also head what he has heard, that the deal being discussed includes one Laker not on my list, and not named Kobe, Odom or Bynum.

Last edited by targetman on Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scherm
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject:

[quote="Sister Golden Hair"]K-Mart has a weak-mind. He almost always plays small in big games. One of those players that crows loudest after an inconsequential mid-season dunk, then squeaks like a mouse when a big game is on the line.

Decent player, but grows alligator arms in the clutch, is chippy, and undersized as a 4. At his price, I'd pass.

quote]

K-Mart an answer?

Okay, so I can't handle my beer...
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Like him or not, KMart + Odom looks like a fair deal for a disgruntled KG.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:06 am    Post subject:

Hopefully, he isn't a bluelight special.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: