STOP BLAMING LAKER PLAYERS BLAME THE REFS

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
methticaL
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:23 am    Post subject: STOP BLAMING LAKER PLAYERS BLAME THE REFS

blame the refs for calling the game like wussies or get mad at the fact that pau gasol is a typical european (bleep). I really hate how most of these euro players have to fake so much, it takes away a lot from the damn game. in the same way it gives the game another strategy and could make it more interesting but right now im more bias against it than i ever was

lakers were up 88-80 until chucky got to the freethrow line 6 times in a row. the way the refs called this game was infuriating
methticaL
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:24 am    Post subject:

and dont forget that tech on cook.... rediculous
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:35 am    Post subject:

The reality is... the only defense that can stop Cook, is the referee.

TEEGUNN
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:38 am    Post subject:

The refs were horrible. But damm, our crunch-time coaching and decision make was even worse than the jake job the refs pulled on us.

Jake Speed, 1986
Michlake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:23 am    Post subject:

the title to this thread is pretty funny....

the laker players played a big part in this lose too...
ppineda
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:56 am    Post subject:

Michlake wrote:

No, the refs cause players to miss their shots and their free throws. A couple more of either and the Lakers win.
methticaL
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:08 am    Post subject:

Michlake wrote:

well i meant dont "just" blame laker players.
methticaL
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:09 am    Post subject:

ppineda wrote:
Michlake wrote:

No, the refs cause players to miss their shots and their free throws. A couple more of either and the Lakers win.

dont be an (bleep), the grizzlies would have never came back without freethrows and kwame wouldnt have ever fouled out.
ppineda
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:12 am    Post subject:

methticaL wrote:
ppineda wrote:
Michlake wrote:

dont be an (bleep), the grizzlies would have never came back without freethrows and kwame wouldnt have ever fouled out.

Sure, all the losses are the ref's fault. How about some responsibility to the players...

Use your brain instead of just profanity. Yes, they could have won if some more calls went their way (don't act like they received no calls - how about that missed Kobe goal tending) But do they deserve to win after shooting so many 3's and making a small percentage of them? That's what caused the Lakers to lose.... But I'm sure they will improve if everyone sticks their head in the sand and blame the refs....

Step 1 is to acknowledge the problem
methticaL
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:17 am    Post subject:

yeah but blaming the players isnt the only problem, im not saying it wasnt the players fault i just hate how theres so many threads about trade odom smush sucks i hate luke walton no one did anything blah blah...

if it wasnt such a wuss of a game it would have been a lot less fustrating to watch and btw you where bein bit sarcastic and u still are saying "sure all losses are the ref's fault" i already addressed the point that i meant to say "dont JUST blame the players" (bleep) wasnt like the f word or something like that it was ahole because you were being just plain sarcastic
ppineda
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:34 am    Post subject:

methticaL wrote:
yeah but blaming the players isnt the only problem, im not saying it wasnt the players fault i just hate how theres so many threads about trade odom smush sucks i hate luke walton no one did anything blah blah...

if it wasnt such a wuss of a game it would have been a lot less fustrating to watch and btw you where bein bit sarcastic and u still are saying "sure all losses are the ref's fault" i already addressed the point that i meant to say "dont JUST blame the players" (bleep) wasnt like the f word or something like that it was ahole because you were being just plain sarcastic

Hopefully they can learn from it and then play better in the future (it might take a little time) and then the refs won't decide wins as much.

I personally think that the team has no identity, and losses (unfortunately) are the best way to figure out what they are doing wrong to correct it. I would rather have the players put the emphasis on their play when they lose instead of the refs. That way they would work harder to improve - realizing they have much more control over the game than the guys in striped shirts. At least I hope.
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:46 am    Post subject:

the refs were bad, but i still blame the players and the coach. having said that....that offensive foul on Kobe was weak. Jones flopped.
iml84myd8s
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject:

Jack Haley said it best. After Phil Jackson whined about the number of Grizzle free throws during his press conference. Jack pointed out that the Lakers shot 27 3-pt shots. Grizzles took the ball to the rim all game. The Lakers are becoming a jump shooting team. That’s not going to get it done.
CrimsonLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject:

The refs were solid last night. Laker defense sucked.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: