Are the ABC Analysts Blind???

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject: Are the ABC Analysts Blind???

Or are they just in denial??

All the gushing they're doing about how Shaq is dominating and how great a job Miami is doing of getting him the ball.

HAVE THEY NOT SEEN THIS BEFORE??

Have they not yet figured out that this is how the Detroit Pistons play any team with Shaq on it? Shaq moves like a clunkerboat out there. They could've had his butt in foul trouble 5 minutes into the game. But he is out there 'dominating' like he hasn't all season long. And still, they were down 10 at the half. Why?? Hmmm....maybe it's because they're actual best player, DWade has pulled a disappearing act helping the Big Clunkerboat 'dominate.'

It's a genius gameplan for the Pistons.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Yes!
bballfan4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject:

I thought i was the only one who noticed that

RIP Jayden Odom
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Well looks like Wade didn't disappear after all.

Why does Wade always do so well against the Pistons?
I can't believe I caught that game winner... ruins my day.
minervafilms
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject:

That was an absolutely astounding fourth quarter from Wade. He single-handedly won the game for Miami.

Our man could learn a few things from this kid. His lack of a three-point shot is a blessing in disguise. It means that he rarely takes a shot outside 18 feet, hence the reason why he shoots such a good percentage. Kobe's would probably be as high if he didn't settle for so many unnecessary long balls.
Lionel The Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject:

Please. LOL. Wade was the reason Miami was losing in the first place with all those airballs and stupis turnovers. He had a great 4th qtr. to his credit but Kobe doesn't need to learn anything from him. I don't think a guy who scored 55 points in one half needs to learn anything from anybody. Didn't Kobe score 62 points in 3qtrs. against The Mavs? The same Mavs team that beat The GREAT Wade by 36 points?
minervafilms
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject:

I gave Wade credit for an amazing fourth quarter, which it was. Bryant has never had that kind of success against Prince and the Pistons.

I wasn't claiming that Wade is a superior player, just making a simple point that he shoots a much better % than Kobe (even when you compare it to Kobe's championship days). Shot selection is part of this. Bryant is averaging 6 three-pointers a game. That's simply too much.
Money$hot!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Are the ABC Analysts Blind???

hoopschick29 wrote:
Or are they just in denial??

All the gushing they're doing about how Shaq is dominating and how great a job Miami is doing of getting him the ball.

HAVE THEY NOT SEEN THIS BEFORE??

Have they not yet figured out that this is how the Detroit Pistons play any team with Shaq on it? Shaq moves like a clunkerboat out there. They could've had his butt in foul trouble 5 minutes into the game. But he is out there 'dominating' like he hasn't all season long. And still, they were down 10 at the half. Why?? Hmmm....maybe it's because they're actual best player, DWade has pulled a disappearing act helping the Big Clunkerboat 'dominate.'

It's a genius gameplan for the Pistons.

HAVE WE NOT SEE THIS BEFORE (your caps deserved the lol)

This game was only the strat every Laker team used when Shaq was playing an active offensive game. Go to Shaq early, Kobe late... Go to Shaq early, Wade late. What's the big deal? An ABC analyst doesn't need to place a spotlight on the "Shaq early" strat for people to see it... Well, most people :roll:
Lionel The Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject:

minervafilms wrote:
I gave Wade credit for an amazing fourth quarter, which it was. Bryant has never had that kind of success against Prince and the Pistons.

I wasn't claiming that Wade is a superior player, just making a simple point that he shoots a much better % than Kobe (even when you compare it to Kobe's championship days). Shot selection is part of this. Bryant is averaging 6 three-pointers a game. That's simply too much.

Wade got shut down by Carlos Delfino. LOL. Kobe shoots 3's because he can make them. I mean the guy has the record for most 3's made in an NBA basketball game. How come Wade numbers suck so much against the Mavs throughout his career? He can't shoot that's why. Is Josh Howard that good? In fact Wade a 6'4 SG in a PG's body going aginst 6'9 slow ethiopian like Prince is a mismatch which is why Delfino shut down Wade. He's quicker and stronger than Prince.
minervafilms
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject:

Lionel The Laker wrote:

Wade got shut down by Carlos Delfino. LOL. Kobe shoots 3's because he can make them. I mean the guy has the record for most 3's made in an NBA basketball game. How come Wade numbers suck so much against the Mavs throughout his career? He can't shoot that's why. Is Josh Howard that good? In fact Wade a 6'4 SG in a PG's body going aginst 6'9 slow ethiopian like Prince is a mismatch which is why Delfino shut down Wade. He's quicker and stronger than Prince.

Absolutely - point taken, he is far too quick for Tayshaun.

Sure, Kobe can make threes. Doesn't mean he doesn't take way too many of them.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject:

minervafilms wrote:

I completely agree. Kobe is just not attacking the basket like he used to. Some nights he does, and other nights it's just jumpshot after jumpshot. Maybe he's just playing in pain and not telling anyone, thereby avoiding contact. I don't know what the reason is, but his shot selection has always been suspect.

Wade, this season, has been doing a much better job getting to the basket. He's a big flopper too and gets a lot of cheap free throws that way, something we'll never see Kobe do (thank God). Not many people would argue that Wade is a better player, but his shot selection is probably the only area of his game that is superior to Kobe's. Of course, Wade has teammates who open up the game for him.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject:

kobe was driving and kicking a lot in the houston game. then the other night he goes back to just shooting jumpers. i would love to see him attack more...i have no idea why he doesn't.
Lionel The Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject:

Kobe has been in the league 10 years. He can't play that style anymore. The pounding he has taken over the years has caused alot of wear and tear. He has to pick his spots. Just like Jordan. When he first came into the league all he did was take iot to the rim. He's 2nd in the league in free throws per game. I fhe took it to the rim more than he does now that we be up to 13-14 a game. Nobody can take that pounding and thats not even counting the times he gest fouled and its not called. Getting fouled hurts. When Wade gets in his 10th year he will be shooting alot of jumpers as well.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: