Magic looking at Darko? should LA, and....an oddity?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:59 am    Post subject: Magic looking at Darko? should LA, and....an oddity?

Florida Today - The Orlando Magic have made inquiries into possibly trading for Detroit Pistons reserve power forward Darko Milicic and point guard Carlos Arroyo, but assistant general manager Otis Smith said no deal is imminent.

This was on Realgm.com. The thing that was funny to me would be Otis Smith. Is this the same Otis Smith that Darko was actually traded for, being the fiasco that Vancouver/Memphis got into for giving up the #2 pick in a trade they made several years earlier. Just seems funny, wonder if Otis wants wants Darko to blossom into a star so he could say "I was traded for him". Seriously though, this isn't a knock on Arroyo, but if Detroit would take that...isn't there something the Lakers could offer? Although he hasn't played much (aside from preseason), I'd be happy giving up George and something small.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject:

don't we have enough under achieving high draft picks?
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:19 am    Post subject:

yeah LA has a bunch, but you wouldn't give up an expiring George contract for him?
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:01 am    Post subject:

Darko Milicic and Carlos Arroyo for Cato seems to have been discussed. That would tend to indicate that Darko's asking price is fairly low at this point. I wouldn't mind having Darko if he doesn't cost too much. I would guess DG, Slava and Brian Cook. Slava is an automatic buyout and release. DG can be a useful player in the Playoffs, but has an ending contract. He would likely walk at the end of the season. Cook would be a replacement power player, who could contribute more immediately off the bench. He's not viewed as having as much upside as Darko, but he can make an immediate contribution. This would be a risky move. The Pistons have four All-Stars, so they will be paying some large salaries. Ben Wallace and Prince are due for a large raises. It makes sense to get rid of Carlos Arroyo and Darko's salaries. Arroyo would be a little backcourt help.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers might work a package in a three way trade with Orlando.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject:

I'd love to see the lakers get darko. I think he's got way more potential than brown at this point. Yeah, I understand we've seen much less of darko than brown, but darko's described skills always fit the triangle better than kwame.
Aphex Twin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Magic looking at Darko? should LA, and....an oddity?

fansincemagic wrote:
Florida Today - The Orlando Magic have made inquiries into possibly trading for Detroit Pistons reserve power forward Darko Milicic and point guard Carlos Arroyo, but assistant general manager Otis Smith said no deal is imminent.

This was on Realgm.com. The thing that was funny to me would be Otis Smith. Is this the same Otis Smith that Darko was actually traded for, being the fiasco that Vancouver/Memphis got into for giving up the #2 pick in a trade they made several years earlier. Just seems funny, wonder if Otis wants wants Darko to blossom into a star so he could say "I was traded for him". Seriously though, this isn't a knock on Arroyo, but if Detroit would take that...isn't there something the Lakers could offer? Although he hasn't played much (aside from preseason), I'd be happy giving up George and something small.

They traded Otis Thrope for the draft pick.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: