Riley Dances...that's just EMBARRASSING.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
msb212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Riley Dances...that's just EMBARRASSING.

Wow, I used to love Riley. But between dissing Kobe every chance he gets, kicking SVG to the curb, and now this, I gotta say, I have lost a lot of respect for the man...

Quote:
HEAT NOTEBOOKRiley dances around the pressureBY ISRAEL GUTIERREZigutierrez (@) MiamiHerald.comPerhaps Pat Riley has spent a bit too much time watching ABC's Dancing with the Stars reality show of late.
Because to help lighten the mood in his team's locker room Sunday afternoon, Riley unexpectedly broke into a 15-minute solo dance performance that easily took his players' minds off basketball. The tune? An unidentified Doobie Brothers song, possibly, Listen to the Music.
The moves? No one is quite sure how to explain them.
The motivation? It's all in the mind of Riley.
''There's a real heaviness to our team,'' Riley said. ``I'm trying to lighten it up. Because there are so many distractions and so many things going on, there's been a lot of pummeling, that it's heavy. It wears on guys.''
For the entire time Riley moved across the gray carpet of the Heat locker room, there were nothing but lighthearted laughs from his players.
So his goal was accomplished.
''The last thing I expected to see was Pat coming in here and start dancing,'' Udonis Haslem said. ``And he danced for like a good 15 minutes. I thought he was going to get tired.''
Added Dwyane Wade: ``He was fired up when he came in here. As soon as he walked through that door he was fired up and had a smile on his face. That just made us breathe. We just thought about something else other than us coming out and playing against the best team in the league.''
They might have spent some time trying to figure out exactly what they were watching.
''I never heard the music he was playing in my life, and I've never seen the dances he was doing in my life,'' Haslem said. ``It was definitely nothing of this decade. It was definitely nothing that anybody of this era would know about.''
On a scale of 1 to 10?
''I mean, you know what, since coach is 60, I'm going to give him about an 8, because I didn't know he could move like that,'' Wade said. ``He's got a little rhythm, man.''

KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject:

why would you lose respect for him for that?
Dorray
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject:

That sounds pretty cool/funny to me. I don't see whats wrong with it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: