Maybe Odom is not untouchable??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
KA_2 wrote:
brock wrote:
Lionel The Laker wrote:
bounty wrote:
Like I have said for weeks. LO is being shopped. His value is not as high as some think.
NJ
Hawks
NYK
Seattle
Pacers
are the teams the Lakers are trying to deal with. Could be more, but these are what Ive been told. Also from the mouth of john Black to his friend LO's contract is not an easy one to move". Obviously with that $$$$$ but if he was really valuable you would think something can be done. Some of the players I have heard are not all bona fide all stars but very strong role guys.

+1

Don't know who your source is but this is complete BS.

Have you and Lionel ever broken anything anyway? Didn't you say the Lakers weren't looking at Kwame Brown in trade? And weren't you both saying we'd have Bender and a 17th pick last summer? Woops?

Lionel broke the Coach K thing and was one of the first guys to say Phil was coming.

Noone is perfect or gets perfect information.

I know for a fact that Bounty has no sources and is just going on his own opinion.

And that's fine, All of us non-insiders do that (including me). But he's talking as if his opinion is a fact.

Lionel put him in his place. It's not a fact, it's Bounty's opinion.

How did LTL put me in my place? Seriously WP. My sources had stuff this year that was later in print from some of your goats. Coach K? what was broken? PJ are you kidding me. I/We all knew that PJ was in the mix the minute RT quit and Frank was brought in. So if we go off track record my people actually have one. BTW this isnt about me and LTL. I actually find his posts really funny. I can back up every statement I made but to you? are you kidding. Once the deadline is over trade or not I will tell where my Black QUOTE was taken from. I stated what I stated. I stand behind them 100%. Would you rather me come in here and say" Hey guys theres a trade but I dont want to jinx it, Haley it etc so just sit back".My ego isnt that big. I actually like going out on a limb. I said weeks ago LO was being shopped, got crucified, but oh well. Will he be traded? Is 12 mil. easy to move? thats the hold up. So what WP where was I put in my place.

BTW-Me have no sources? If you would like I can PM you and go over my track record in comparison to whomever you think has sources. I can give you specifics....again
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject:

Its getting pretty hard to continue to defend LO. He continues to make the same terrible mistakes at the most crucial stages in games. Games this team desperately need to win if they have a shot at making the playoffs.

Ive been one of LO's biggest supporters since the Lakers traded for the guy. Preaching patience when it comes to him and a number of our other players. Patience wears thin when a guy shows he hasnt learned from him prior mistakes.

LO shouldnt be untouchable if it means getting some players in here who will help the Lakers become a better team and win games.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject:

Quote:
How did LTL put me in my place? Seriously WP. My sources had stuff this year that was later in print from some of your goats. Coach K? what was broken? PJ are you kidding me. I/We all knew that PJ was in the mix the minute RT quit and Frank was brought in. So if we go off track record my people actually have one. BTW this isnt about me and LTL. I actually find his posts really funny. I can back up every statement I made but to you? are you kidding. Once the deadline is over trade or not I will tell where my Black QUOTE was taken from. I stated what I stated. I stand behind them 100%. Would you rather me come in here and say" Hey guys theres a trade but I dont want to jinx it, Haley it etc so just sit back".My ego isnt that big. I actually like going out on a limb. I said weeks ago LO was being shopped, got crucified, but oh well. Will he be traded? Is 12 mil. easy to move? thats the hold up. So what WP where was I put in my place.

BTW-Me have no sources? If you would like I can PM you and go over my track record in comparison to whomever you think has sources. I can give you specifics....again

Bounty - You weren't even here when Lionel earned his stripes. You joined 15 Aug 2005 - After Phil had signed. You weren't there during the whole ordeal and know the track record.

You can say whatever you want, but it's hardly got any real thought behind it. You say the same old Odom hating lines over and over and over again.

Then go brush your teeth and come back to hate on Odom again.

Sorry - and I'm not trying to offend you - I can't honestly trust YOU when it comes to Odom trade talk.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
NY_LakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Mostwanted wrote:
Poor Odom.

He is playing through a painful injury. :roll:

The injury he is playing through is called lack of a functioning brain.

This is great news. Like your game Lamar, but NO team is going to win with you being the second option. To dumb and inconistent.

And YOU are calling Odom dumb???

NY_LakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject:

I posted this in another thread but it seems more appropriate here.

No inside info ... just some interesting fan feedback and rumors here in New York.

Ever since the Odom to NY for Frye story hit, Knicks fans are getting louder and louder in demanding that Isiah pull the trigger. A number are even saying include someone else big to entice the Lakers ... even Marbury has been thrown into the mix. ALmost makes you think Isiah and Brown pulled one of their typical leaks to gauge fan reaction.

Seems Odom is VERY popular among Knicks fans ... could be because he IS a New York guy.

I am also normally a big Odom fan but ... if we could package him and ??? for Frye and Marbury ... I might just do it. For all the bad rap on Marbury, right now I feel for the guy. He is desperately trying to do whatever he THINKS Larry Brown wants him to do ... even totally giving up his scoring at times in favor of passing and getting his teammates involved. The problem is that Larry Brown seems to have lost his mind since joining the Knicks and never EVER talks to his players except through the media and even then he is not usually real clear on what he wants.

Marbury is about to turn 29 and I honestly believe he is actually trying to be the team player everyone has said he isn't. I would not mind seeing him in the P&G. Of course, his salary is NUTS and would lock us in through 2008 but ... if we also get Frye who has shown the ability to play both 4 and 5 ... and Bynum keeps developing ... I could think of a lot worse teams than this one say in about 2 years.

Marbury 31 - PG
Kobe 29 - SG
George or ??? - SF (maybe Mihm is traded for ?)
Frye (24)/Brown/Cook - PF
Bynum (20)/Brown - C

Keep in mind these are NEW YORK rumors. Doesn't mean the Lakers are offering Odom just that fans here have got themselves worked up over rumors.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject:

IMO- the only thing that happens with the NYK are We offer LO for rose and then a secondary trade to get frye. Rose cant be involved in a multi player trade so they would have to work out something. (i think)

LO&?
Rose and frye
NY_LakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't give up Odom for a combo of Rose and Frye. Rose is OK for this year ... maybe next ... but he just turned 33 and I don't see him being a long-term solution. Plus the salaries in a 1 for 1 don't match. The only player we have who matches Rose in salary is Kobe.

Odom and pieces for Marbury and Frye ... yes. I might even consider Odom and pieces for Crawford, Frye, and maybe Ariza (smart young player). But no way I want Rose for Odom even with a side deal involving Frye.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Just Looking -- Odom and pieces for Marbury and Frye ... yes. I might even consider Odom and pieces for Crawford, Frye, and maybe Ariza (smart young player). But no way I want Rose for Odom even with a side deal involving Frye.

I agree with that assessment. Don't faint. My only question is whether Marbury would be a good fit in the triangle.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
IMO- the only thing that happens with the NYK are We offer LO for rose and then a secondary trade to get frye. Rose cant be involved in a multi player trade so they would have to work out something. (i think)

LO&?
Rose and frye

just so we're clear about this...you're talking about Jalen Rose...not Malik Rose.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Vlade
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject:

I would be more intrigued by a package for Francis and Hill than Jalen and Channing... though the trade I really want is Pierce.

Do it B... er, um, I mean Mitch!
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject:

odom untouchable?

any GM who actually thinks so is a damn fool. it's just a matter of how much you are willing to ante up.
NY_LakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Quote:
Just Looking -- Odom and pieces for Marbury and Frye ... yes. I might even consider Odom and pieces for Crawford, Frye, and maybe Ariza (smart young player). But no way I want Rose for Odom even with a side deal involving Frye.

I agree with that assessment. Don't faint. My only question is whether Marbury would be a good fit in the triangle.

I'm thinking the NEW Marbury would be a good fit. His FGA is the lowest since his rookie year and he is still averaging almost 7 APG despite a lot fewer touches than he has normally. And he is the only guy playing defense on that Knicks team. Watching him this year is the first time I have come away feeling like he is trying for the team. Honestly I think Brown is the problem with the Knicks this year. He has lost it.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject:

Marbury would be a good fit. I think he'll defer to Kobe. A Kobe-Marbury backcourt would be awesome.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
mixtim
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject:

Marbury and his albatross contract?

Hell will freeze over before that happens

Add Penny's expiring K to Frye, find another knick to make the combination of the salaries of Odom, DG and Slava work, and you've got yourself a deal
KA_2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Lionel broke the Coach K thing and was one of the first guys to say Phil was coming.

Yeah, I remember that Coach K thing, you're right. Phil coming is an either or thing, not hard to get that one right. Bender and the 17th that was locked in...nope.
Charles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject:

bounty wrote:

LO&?
Rose and frye
It's not happening. Odom was never offered for Frye or Marbury. You think PJ would pass on Artest for Odom because he didn't want to disrupt the triangle offense this season, but then ante up for Frye?

Do you realize how incredibly dumb that sounds?

With the Lakers terrible play when Odom was out, that would make them want to keep him even more. The earliest you'll see Odom traded is this offseason, and even then it's a longshot. Maybe when Odom is traded several years down the line, you can gloat all you want about your fictional sources. The stuff you're making up is pure bull-doody.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:05 am    Post subject:

KA_2 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Yeah, I remember that Coach K thing, you're right. Phil coming is an either or thing, not hard to get that one right. Bender and the 17th that was locked in...nope.

Yeah, a few trades didn't go through.

But only off on them actually going down. Those trades were all agreed upon in principal or in case of another - discussed very seriously.

Lionel has excellent info. But the thing with trade reports is that there's many stages to them.

It really depends on the stage of the trade. It's not really "done" until the papers have been sent. Even then there can be a few scenarios where the trade falls through (See Steven Hunter recently).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KA_2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Yeah, a few trades didn't go through.

But only off on them actually going down. Those trades were all agreed upon in principal or in case of another - discussed very seriously.

Lionel has excellent info. But the thing with trade reports is that there's many stages to them.

It really depends on the stage of the trade. It's not really "done" until the papers have been sent. Even then there can be a few scenarios where the trade falls through (See Steven Hunter recently).

Yeah, which is why I suggest Lionel and other "insiders" not call deals done when they're not. I'm sure Phil wasn't done either. After all, who knows or can control the thoughts of men? If you knew the secret to that, you'd probably own your own island somewhere.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject:

^
Phil apparently had agreed upon his return 2-3 months before it was announced. He already had committed to Buss and the Lakers and the basic process they went through was to build up expectations and hype. Not to mention - the Lakers actually had a few motives of their own on correcting the Kobe/Phil media perspective.

In trades I agree with you. Do not call them done, until they actually have been sent to the league office.

At the same time though - I don't think he's said a deal was done. He said a trade or trades will happen and he knows which players are being targeted.

Also many slam Eric for his 50/50 approach where he doesn't make a definitive statement. But when a guy does make one - he gets bashed for it.

Again, we need to just be appreciative that insiders share their knowledge. Leave it at that ...
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject:

OMG Please, it was OBVIOUS Phil was coming back. He just needed to take a year break.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject:

tgf5 wrote:
OMG Please, it was OBVIOUS Phil was coming back. He just needed to take a year break.

So then why were so many people fooled by the articles or constantly thinking that the Lakers weren't bringing Phil back?

There's one dude that stayed strong throughout the whole process. Even when the whole Kobe/Shaw story broke out.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7
Jump to: