Kobe Sums up my attitude about the season with this statement........
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KoolMo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject:

Interesting. I'd like to hear the context.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Who said that?

But you say - and people say - that the Lakers have added no talent in the re-building process.

Funny, I know that Odom-Mihm-Parker-Bynum all have VALUE right now. They are all good trade bait.

So while it's certainly not ENOUGH talent, they have added some. You are pretending as if there's no talent been added on this team.

And while Odom and Parker may not get much better - they are already helping us out. Mihm and Bynum are improving and should get better each season.

So yes they need more talent - but it's the 2nd season of the re-building process. I see moves happenning sooner than later and this team will have a 8 man rotation that's solid.

fyi, i've never said that the lakers have added no talent in the rebuilding process.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject:

PrplReign wrote:
RG73 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
But even Kobe realizes that you don't tear down a championship team and rebuild it in one or two seasons.

When you have a terrible GM and conflicts in upper management, no.

With a competent GM with full support from the owner, yes, you do.

Please show me a chamionship team from the last 20 years that had to completely rebuild and were in the finals just two years later. I won't wait long, because you won't be able to. Why make such an absurd statement?

Alright smart guy, show me one of those teams after a championship team was torn down, still had THE BEST PLAYER IN THE GAME. We are in a unique situation , that usually doesnt happen. After dynastys are torn apart it is usually a 5 year rebuilding process, because u have no foundation, while we have the best possible foundation immediatley, in kobe bryant. But we have made piss more moves , in the rebuilding process , thus far, that are not looking good. The shaq trade, what value we got ???? Kwame Brown Trade?? , two years later we still have kobe and what else, when your rebuilding your supposed to be improving and picking up peices along the way and slowly rebuilding a squad, were not doing that , if u call sasha,mckie,divac,cook,george,green, foundation for a future dynasty.
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
But even Kobe realizes that you don't tear down a championship team and rebuild it in one or two seasons.

yea and i'm sure you also realize that championship teams don't appear out of nowhere too. you still have to be proactive and continue building, not just wait for a miracle.

And what are the aquisitions of Chris Mihm, Andrew Bynum and Smush Parker ?

Spilled milk?

What about Lamar Odom?

The Lakers have a couple of young guys with good upside.

Bynum
Odom
Mihm
Parker

What they need is to grow those players and at the same time surround them (and Kobe) with some more talent.

counting on parker and odom to become more than they already are sounds like a dumb plan to me.

Amen

This Odom fans will wait forever
novano2004
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject:

PrplReign wrote:
RG73 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

When you have a terrible GM and conflicts in upper management, no.

With a competent GM with full support from the owner, yes, you do.

Please show me a chamionship team from the last 20 years that had to completely rebuild and were in the finals just two years later. I won't wait long, because you won't be able to. Why make such an absurd statement?

i think the spurs did it in 3 years after the 99 title they got one in 2003.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: