JO and K-MART???

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bradyda-LeSueur
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: JO and K-MART???

Ok so we know that there is a trade out there taht Lionel and like 20 other people know between CL.com and LG.net so here's what I think it is. Magic said a good player and a role player...and we heard JO is on the table and that K-MART has been talked about everywhere...so what if we're doing this???

Odom+Miami+LA 1st??? 4 JO

KB54+Slava+Cook or 2nd 4 K-MART...

Well you're probably thinking...

Yeah right...but if you think about it...it looks good for both teams...

Now you think about money and salaries and how those probably don't match up...meh...someone has to deal with it...

and now maybe you are thinking roster and maybe thinking K-MART and JO are the same position...

Well then either teach K-MART how to play SF or have George start and JO and K-MART split time...

Mihm
JO
K-MART
Kobe
Smush

or

Mihm
JO/K-MART
George
Kobe
Smush

so heck I say let's see if that is the deal...they said this could help us go to the play-offs this year and next year at CL.com and if we needed to we could use them for bait for KG over the summer....maybe these are the names that they were saying...either that or I am living in NB4 too much...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
OscarWang
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject:

Indy does that beacuse?
uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject:

Guess you missed my thread.
Bradyda-LeSueur
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject:

MasTaFUsion wrote:
Indy does that beacuse?

They want Odom and are thinking about trading JO???

They wouldn't trade to the Knicks...if you're smart (unlike Mitch) you trade good people to the opposite side of the NBA...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
lakerman jsj
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject:

Bradyda-LeSueur wrote:
MasTaFUsion wrote:
Indy does that beacuse?

They wouldn't trade to the Knicks...if you're smart (unlike Mitch) you trade good people to the opposite side of the NBA...

...and where did we trade Shaq again?
Kwame54Brown
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject:

Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject:

Bradyda-LeSueur
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject:

lakerman jsj wrote:
Bradyda-LeSueur wrote:
MasTaFUsion wrote:
Indy does that beacuse?

my point exactly...guys this is just a thought and specualtion...they said a good player and a role player and plus they said all these other little things...I was just thinking this up based off of statements and rumors...you don't have to agree with me...because I am just thinking here...they haven't said who it is and plus JO and K-Mart are on the block and also JO is a role player and K-Mart is a good but injury prone player...and Lionel said a trade or two...maybe these are the names...just think...you don't have to agree with me...just think about it here...
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject:

JO is likely out for the year with injuries, while KMart has some chronic knee thing and another 5-yrs/$70 million AFTER this season.

Maybe you gamble on JO (I'd wait for him to get healthy first) - just say no to KMart.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject:

[quote="Bradyda-LeSueur"]
lakerman jsj wrote:
Bradyda-LeSueur wrote:
MasTaFUsion wrote:
Indy does that beacuse?

my point exactly.quote]

That didn't sound like your point at all.

You: If you're smart, (unlike Mitch) you trade good people to the opposite side of the NBA.....

Next Poster: ....and where did we trade Shaq again?

You: Exactly.

Huh?

Who do you think traded Shaq to the opposite conference? What good players has Mitch traded to other Western Conference teams?

Also, the Lakers don't have their own 1st round draft pick, only MIA's.
Ozendorph
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject:

We send LO to Indyl for JO, we're essentially calling this season quits. Worse things have happened, but you can bet Kobe and most fans would be rightly pissed. Granted, next season would certainly look bright, but...

KMart is not so much.
Bradyda-LeSueur
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject:

Sorry...I thought that statement would make no sense and I was right....my thought process behind that was if you were smart on trading (unlike Mitch...who can't trade well or at all especially when needed if his life depended on it) you would....

That was what I meant...sorry to confuse people...I do that a lot when it comes to talking...or at least I am told...my apologies....
Bradyda-LeSueur
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject:

Ozendorph wrote:
We send LO to Indyl for JO, we're essentially calling this season quits. Worse things have happened, but you can bet Kobe and most fans would be rightly pissed. Granted, next season would certainly look bright, but...

KMart is not so much.

Just remember here guys...and I don't mind you guys telling me this crap and all but just remember it or else you might see this statement a lot on this post...

Quote:
"This is just a thought, based off of rumors, statements, and ideas...and nothing else...you don't have to agree with me but you can and it won't matter...I was just thinking out loud here..." Bradyda-LeSueur
Ank
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject:

Okay, look. ONeal's trade value is at an all-time high right now, injury or not. There are a variety of players better than he could get rather than Odom.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject:

Ozendorph wrote:

KMart is not so much.

I'll trade 6 playoff games this year for JO.
Bradyda-LeSueur
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
Ozendorph wrote:

KMart is not so much.

I'll trade 6 playoff games this year for JO.

Quote:
"This is just a thought, based off of rumors, statements, and ideas...and nothing else...you don't have to agree with me but you can and it won't matter...I was just thinking out loud here..." Bradyda-LeSueur
Bradyda-LeSueur
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject:

Ank wrote:
Okay, look. ONeal's trade value is at an all-time high right now, injury or not. There are a variety of players better than he could get rather than Odom.

Yeah but think about it...we need help on defense...and also we need help inside on offsense too...so JO works there...and K-MART is probably good there too...I really don't know...I just know that we need some good people...the talk has been coming out...JO is on the table...we have the people and the capability (maybe not the brains to make the trade totally fair or work but still) so might as well use what we can...plus like I said..if JO ends up not working...go for KG with JO...that would never fail....
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject:

this thread is just begging for a dancing lock.
Ank
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject:

Bradyda-LeSueur wrote:
Ank wrote:

Yeah but think about it...we need help on defense...and also we need help inside on offsense too...so JO works there...and K-MART is probably good there too...I really don't know...I just know that we need some good people...the talk has been coming out...JO is on the table...we have the people and the capability (maybe not the brains to make the trade totally fair or work but still) so might as well use what we can...plus like I said..if JO ends up not working...go for KG with JO...that would never fail....

you misunderstood me. I'm saying Odom wouldn't be enough. The Nets would offer Vince Carter, kristic and a pick. That trumps Odom every time. The Bulls and Warriors can out offer us too. I'm saying that ONeal would get traded for bigger fish. We don't have the pieces. KG is more likely the JOneal.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject:

Apparently K-Mart is as good as traded to the Knicks.

Quote:
Knicks Willing To Take Kenyon, But Not For Frye
14th February, 2006 - 6:12 am
New York Daily News - Isiah Thomas is willing to take on Kenyon Martin, his bad knees and his bad contract, but not if it means giving up Channing Frye.

According to a league source, the Knicks have offered Penny Hardaway's expiring contract to Denver plus another player. The Knicks may be forced to part with rookie David Lee, but they insist on not giving up Frye.

"It seems like everyone wants Frye," said one GM. "I think that's why the Knicks are going to keep him."

Denver is working on several deals, including a trade for Orlando's Steve Francis. But in order to get Francis, the Nuggets want to rid themselves of Martin's contract, which calls for him to make $65 million over the next four years. With Carmelo Anthony looming as a restricted free agent, the Nuggets are reluctant to go over the luxury tax threshold in the future.

The Knicks are willing to provide Denver with salary cap relief but not at the expense of losing Frye, their top rookie. A deal for Martin likely would include point guard Earl Watson and guard Voshon Lenard heading to New York, with Jamal Crawford and Trevor Ariza going to Orlando along with the Nuggets' Nene. The Nuggets would get Francis.

Orlando, like the Knicks, is desperately trying to revamp its team. The Magic have another deal in place with the Pistons that includes Darko Milicic and Carlos Arroyo coming to Orlando in return for Kelvin Cato and a first-round pick. That deal is contingent on Orlando's three-team trade with the Knicks and Denver being completed. [READ]
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject:

L.G is going down the crappers
Bradyda-LeSueur
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject:

Ank wrote:
Bradyda-LeSueur wrote:
Ank wrote:

you misunderstood me. I'm saying Odom wouldn't be enough. The Nets would offer Vince Carter, kristic and a pick. That trumps Odom every time. The Bulls and Warriors can out offer us too. I'm saying that ONeal would get traded for bigger fish. We don't have the pieces. KG is more likely the JOneal.

Well we could add Mihm or something....
Ank
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject:

Bradyda-LeSueur wrote:
Ank wrote:
Bradyda-LeSueur wrote:
Ank wrote:

Well we could add Mihm or something....

Mihm is already in the deal for Kmart, or so people here seem to say. Mihm is the only reason that our deal might be more attractice than the Knicks. Penny is being traded to portland right? So, I think its just us. This all assumes Kmart is our target. Maybe we're eyeing someone else. Any insiders around to tell us? The only thing I'm inside is my dorm room.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject:

Please tell me we don't deal anyone for Kmart. He's an arrogant blowhard punk who is always hurt and talking smack that he can't seem to back up. Not only that, but he's undersized and really not that good. The guy couldn't average 10 boards in the east when he was the sole rebounder on his team. He doesn't have a jump shot or great post moves either and he's got a huge contract. Exactly what do people see in this guy?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: