Who thinks Kobe will be robbed of another All Star MVP?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NoMoreGame7s
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject:

iml84myd8s wrote:
da ocho wrote:
who cares about the all star mvp?

thank you. f'k the all star mvp. lakers need to worry about getting out of this f'n salary cap hell and put some players around kobe while he can still get it done at the level he's at.

Just because somebody cares whether or not Kobe gets the All-Star MVP award, it doesn't mean they don't care about the success of the Lakers as a team. I'm so sick of people treating other fans like they don't know what's important and what isn't. It's a damn shame that people like you have to disrespect somebody's post, because you think you're too smart, or too REAL of a fan to care about the All-Star game. A damn shame.
tw-lakbfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Who thinks Kobe will be robbed of another All Star MVP?

Nahtanoj wrote:
eureca wrote:

LOL you must have not seen that game KG dominated for pretty much the whole game especially in the 2nd OT which they won.

JO gets MVP coz he fouled Kobe on that 3 that took away Jordan's potential game winner ^.^ (doh!) KG won the game for the West in the next OT after Kobe made 2/3 FTs to tie it... but I thought the East had given up at that point already, I mean Jordan pretty much sat down after JO did that stupid foul on Kobe.. And I thought the LA All-Star (04) should've really been Co-MVP Shaq/Kobe.

IIRC, during the 1st ot, Kobe scored 9 pts to keep the West competitive.
NoMoreGame7s
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
NoMoreGame7s wrote:
da ocho wrote:

Your mom.

What a stupid and immature response

I hope you get suspended for that. Really just a silly thing to say.

I hope your mom gets suspended.

Dude, relax wolf. Did you have a rough day? That was nothing. I can't believe you got all wound up over that.
LakersAlldaWay
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject:

^It was a pretty inappropriate comment so dont try to laugh it off. You can add the 03-04 game to that list. Shaq should have shared it with Kobe at the very least.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject:

NoMoreGame7s wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
NoMoreGame7s wrote:
da ocho wrote:

Your mom.

I hope your mom gets suspended.

Dude, relax wolf. Did you have a rough day? That was nothing. I can't believe you got all wound up over that.

Hang yourself tighter man.

But this kind of talk is just silly and you should be banned.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KingKobeDubbz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Everyone needs to be more optimistic instead of being pesisimistic all the freaking time. Tak eit easy and wish for the best. We all these posts of the what ifs and what nots your just killing yourself. Take it easy.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject:

NoMoreGame7s wrote:
iml84myd8s wrote:
da ocho wrote:

thank you. f'k the all star mvp. lakers need to worry about getting out of this f'n salary cap hell and put some players around kobe while he can still get it done at the level he's at.

Just because somebody cares whether or not Kobe gets the All-Star MVP award, it doesn't mean they don't care about the success of the Lakers as a team. I'm so sick of people treating other fans like they don't know what's important and what isn't. It's a damn shame that people like you have to disrespect somebody's post, because you think you're too smart, or too REAL of a fan to care about the All-Star game. A damn shame.

somebody brought my mother into this conversation and i didn't see you running to my rescue. i guess its better to insult someone's family than it is to insult someone's stupid post.

the all star mvp is a meaningless award. concentrating on it shows a lack of focus in what is truly important...winning games and winning titles.

Last edited by ocho on Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
iml84myd8s
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject:

NoMoreGame7s wrote:
iml84myd8s wrote:
da ocho wrote:

I appoligize if my post was disrespectful to the person who started the thread. I did not intend it that way.

It was more about my frustration towards the Lakers management for wasting Kobe's prime years. I think Kobe's individual accomplishments are worthless as long as he's playing for a .500 ball club with no effort to make improvements in the near future.
NoMoreGame7s
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject:

da ocho wrote:
NoMoreGame7s wrote:
iml84myd8s wrote:
da ocho wrote:

somebody brought my mother into this conversation and i didn't see you running to my rescue. i guess its better to insult someone's family than it is to insult someone's stupid post.

the all star mvp is a meaningless award. conentrating on it shows a lack of focus in what is truly important...winning games and winning titles.

Oh please. I'm the one who "brought your mother into it." What am I supposed to do, rescue you from myself? Apparently, wolf had that covered. And where was the insult? You guys need to lighten up.

BTW, like I said, caring about the All-Star MVP isn't mutually exclusive to caring about the success of the Lakers as a team.
NoMoreGame7s
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject:

iml84myd8s wrote:
NoMoreGame7s wrote:
iml84myd8s wrote:
da ocho wrote:

I appoligize if my post was disrespectful to the person who started the thread. I did not intend it that way.

It was more about my frustration towards the Lakers management for wasting Kobe's prime years. I think Kobe's individual accomplishments are worthless as long as he's playing for a .500 ball club with no effort to make improvements in the near future.

It's cool, man. I can see where you're coming from.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject:

ok so you insulted me and then got mad at someone else for insulting the poster. that's worse.

caring about the allstar mvp and caring about the team are not mutually exclusive...however it shows a lack of focus and priorities. who cares if kobe gets all star mvp? what does that mean to you? does it mean he's a better player? does it mean we'll win more? it's just so meaningless and insignificant. it's like caring who won the dunk contest. its like caring if kobe won the monopoly game at mcdonalds.

i'm hoping that kobe takes it really easy in the allstar game. i hope he gets as little playing time as possible. let someone else get the shiny mvp award and give me a rested kobe.
H_Gop
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan4Lyfe wrote:
if Lakers make playoffs he should get season MVP

Too much bias. That's impossible. Fifth seed at worst is required.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Who thinks Kobe will be robbed of another All Star MVP?

Boogieman2k5 wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
superboy wrote:
Please respond if you remember Kobe's past all-star games as I do:

--1998, his first all star game. Kobe's having a great game vs Jordan and Karl takes him out of the game, thus insuring MJ gets the MVP.

--I forgot what year, but the year when Kobe was having a great game, but Iverson brought the East back in the 4th quarter, and Duncan misses an easy shot (his favorite bank shot) at the end of the game, and loses the game for the West. So despite Kobe's MVP performance, Iverson gets it instead.

--A couple of years ago, when the game went to double OT, and KG got the MVP for a great 2nd OT performance, but Kobe actually had the better game overall and made the clutch shots when it mattered.

Anyway, that's what I remember.

Kobe has already won an MVP and was booed for it in Phili. The other years you mention here he obviously didn't deserve them if someone else received it. I do remember Kobe dropping a few crucial points in the game KG won MVP though. Although I really remember it as Jordan's last game and his rainbow shot over KG to force OT.

That was over Marion.

I stand corrected. Some memory I have. Such a memorable moment and I put KG at defense, a 7 footer. Oh well, at least I remember Jordan's real last shot against Russel and the Jazz. The Jazz. Whatever happened to that outfit?
superboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

Thank you! Man, do some people not realize that this is an internet discussion forum? Let's not take things too seriously! The all-star game is coming up, so I thought I'd share one of my thoughts about the all-star game. Big deal! What are you saying, that we can't talk about anything besides winning a ring until we actually win a ring? And despite what you may think, there's nothing we can do about the Lakers winning or losing, so just enjoy the entertainment for now. Just because I used part of my brain to think about a meaningless all-star game doesn't mean I somehow made the Laker team weaker and it is going to cost us some success.

This is just like the responses of "Who's Shaq"? "Get over Shaq, he's been gone for almost a year!" How annoying.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
NoMoreGame7s
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject:

da ocho wrote:
ok so you insulted me and then got mad at someone else for insulting the poster. that's worse.

caring about the allstar mvp and caring about the team are not mutually exclusive...however it shows a lack of focus and priorities. who cares if kobe gets all star mvp? what does that mean to you? does it mean he's a better player? does it mean we'll win more? it's just so meaningless and insignificant. it's like caring who won the dunk contest. its like caring if kobe won the monopoly game at mcdonalds.

i'm hoping that kobe takes it really easy in the allstar game. i hope he gets as little playing time as possible. let someone else get the shiny mvp award and give me a rested kobe.

If you think I insulted you or your mom, you're seriously just looking for a reason to be angry. Nothing I said was even close to an insult. You were even playing along until dude came in and said I should be banned. Then all of the sudden what I said became an insult. Whatever. If you want to be mad at me for saying your mom cares about who wins the MVP at the All-Star game, be mad. In fact, I'll give you a couple of ways to get back at me and even the score.

Here:

1) Tell me my mom cares about who wins the next episode of The Bachelor.

2) Tell me my sister cares about who wins American Idol.

3) Tell me my grandma cares about who wins Dancing With the Stars.

BTW, I hope Kobe wins the All-Star MVP. I will not listen to anybody tell me my priorities aren't right because of it. That's just weak. His winning will have no bearing on whether or not the Lakers win the trophy. We will not have less of a chance to win a ring if Kobe plays well in the All-Star game. And spare the line about him getting rest. To an athlete as conditioned as most NBA players, 83 games is no different at all than 82. One game less will have a completely insignificant effect on his body. The only reason anybody brings it up is to make themselves sound like a more mature fan who only cares about the rings, and nothing else.

Anyway dude - I don't want to fight anymore. I understand your feelings about the All-Star game. You aren't gonna watch it. Great. I don't think you're less of a fan because you won't root for Kobe to do well. Don't think I'm less of a fan because I will.

And I'm sorry for saying your mom cares about the All-Star MVP.
statman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:50 am    Post subject:

NoMoreGame7s wrote:

Dude, relax wolf. Did you have a rough day?

It couldn't have been that rough... it looks like all he did was post on this message board!
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:17 am    Post subject:

da ocho wrote:

Exactly.

If you wanna make a case for Kobe being slighted, I think your best bet
would be League MVP in 2002-2003.

Even that is certainly arguable in either direction, but I felt given his
stats, how he carried the team with Shaq's injuries, and the Lakers
strong record that he was my pick.
Ank
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:29 am    Post subject:

Looking at Kobe's year this year, it just depends on how he shoots. He could go 11-17 or he could go 4-14. If it's the first, he'll end up with 25+ points and West will likely win. He'll win the MVP. If its the second, I mean can we honestly sit here and say that he would deserve it?
LakeLakeLake
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:01 am    Post subject:

superboy wrote:
Quote:

Wow, nice response. Very constructive.

Quote:
He did not got robbed las time, the west lost

I don't think I said last year, I was talking about 3 other years.

He wasn't robbed in 2001 cause Iversons had a great game (he brought his team back in the 4th quarter) and the East won.

And FYI: It wasn't all Duncans fault that he missed the last shot. Nobody expected Kobe to pass and as Duncan got the ball he had to get off a quick shot. Duncan clearly showed that he is spot up shooter...
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:21 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
NoMoreGame7s wrote:
da ocho wrote:

Your mom.

I thought it was funny.
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:24 am    Post subject:

The Dagger wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
NoMoreGame7s wrote:
da ocho wrote:

Your mom.

I thought it was funny.

I agree that it's not bubbling with maturity.

But hey, what's insulting about saying someone's Mom cares about the All-Star MVP?
kobeodom
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:03 am    Post subject:

he will get robbed. not because he wont be the best. its because its stern who wil decide (correct me if im wrong).
LakeLakeLake
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:13 am    Post subject:

LakeLakeLake wrote:
superboy wrote:
Quote:

Wow, nice response. Very constructive.

Quote:
He did not got robbed las time, the west lost

I don't think I said last year, I was talking about 3 other years.

He wasn't robbed in 2001 cause Iversons had a great game (he brought his team back in the 4th quarter) and the East won.

And FYI: It wasn't all Duncans fault that he missed the last shot. Nobody expected Kobe to pass and as Duncan got the ball he had to get off a quick shot. Duncan clearly showed that he is no spot up shooter...
Braaten
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject:

kobeodom wrote:
he will get robbed. not because he wont be the best. its because its stern who wil decide (correct me if im wrong).

stern doesnt pick. announcers and media people do (equally bad for kobe)
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: