The Wolves (Fans) are eating their own...

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony Montana
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: The Wolves (Fans) are eating their own...

After taking note of the current 2-8 collapse back in the tundra, I was checking out a couple of T-Wolves message boards. Wow. Those folks are tearing their hair out. You think there are some Mitch haters here? It's a love-in compared to the McHale hate around there.

They seem resigned to the fact that KG is good as gone after this season; there is a (unfortunately familiar) debate about just tanking the season at this point to get a decent, badly needed high draft pick. The trade scenarios are even worse than ours here. I was suprised how cheap some think he might go (I think Shaq may have set a precedent).

I still cling to the KG-A-Laker dream. 7 games below .500 at the all-star break is a good start...

Not to start yet another KG thread or anything, but it is interesting to see how the fans of a team that took a similar drop as the Lakers are dealing with it. Not well, I'm happy to report.
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject:

going right according the plane
Dorray
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:46 am    Post subject:

Well thats good to hear. Maybe McHale will do something stupid and we will get a good trade out of it.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject:

Yeah, I like to dream of KG in purple and gold too. But the realistic side in me tells me there is no logical reason McHale would deal him to the Lakers, or any team in the Western Conference for that matter. KG would have to demand it, and that is something I can't picture him doing.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:25 am    Post subject:

I just found this post in the T-Wolves forum on RealGM and got a good laugh out of it :

Quote:
First off, does anybody know exactly what teams were interested in Jaric this past summer?

Second, On Saturday night after the wolves blew another game I was staring at Rex Chapman and Kevin Mchale, both looked as if their perscriptions of Prozac had not been filled, anyways I was so pist I was pointing my finger directly at Mchale and pointing my thumb down at him, When the game was over Mchale came down and glared at me and shook his head at me, I thought for sure he was going to confront me, but he didn't he probably would have offered me a furture first round draft pick to stop doing what I was doing to him.

Hopefully Mchale will resign, or the wolves will make another trade, or fire casey by the 23 of feb.

The thread is titled McHale and I fight
thegreatest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:50 am    Post subject:

didn't they trade a pick also for marko?

Kobe>Lebron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
I just found this post in the T-Wolves forum on RealGM and got a good laugh out of it :

Quote:
First off, does anybody know exactly what teams were interested in Jaric this past summer?

Second, On Saturday night after the wolves blew another game I was staring at Rex Chapman and Kevin Mchale, both looked as if their perscriptions of Prozac had not been filled, anyways I was so pist I was pointing my finger directly at Mchale and pointing my thumb down at him, When the game was over Mchale came down and glared at me and shook his head at me, I thought for sure he was going to confront me, but he didn't he probably would have offered me a furture first round draft pick to stop doing what I was doing to him.

Hopefully Mchale will resign, or the wolves will make another trade, or fire casey by the 23 of feb.

That was ^^hilarious

The thread is titled McHale and I fight

Hawkins
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject:

I know McHale is a local boy and hero in Minnesota but there's your problem with the T-Pups..

LA may (bleep) about Mitch but thank goodness you don't have McHale.

KG is very loyal but I suspect his patience is running thin as he approaches 30.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject:

What have we learned here? If you're going to cheat, don't get caught and don't cheat over a guy named Joe Smith
dadamookie
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject:

haha, yea that Joe Smith thing really screwed up that franchise. Thats what happens when a star player goes to a team with no stable foundation. KG already has one foot out the door in my opinion. It's gong to come down to the Lakers or the Nets.
Panthas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:48 pm    Post subject:

dadamookie wrote:
haha, yea that Joe Smith thing really screwed up that franchise. Thats what happens when a star player goes to a team with no stable foundation. KG already has one foot out the door in my opinion. It's gong to come down to the Lakers or the Nets.

Only Problem is that the nets have more to offer!!
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject:

If KG happens, I won't be worrying about Jaric.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: