Team reports via The B. /In case you havent read
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject:

The fact that Kwame got booed pissed me off. I understand he's sucking but booing him won't help. Brown is as sensitive as a pregnant woman on steriods. I'm not saying he should be babied but the fans really shouldn't have done that. He was 0-5, 2 misses came from blocked shots via Krilenko (who didn't get swatted by this guy?), 2 misses came from blown layups (ridiculous he SHOULD have made those), and the last miss came from a shot that went in and rolled out. I believe he had 2TO's, when from a Lamar pass which he should have slammed home the other from Smush he also should have slammed. He played like crap but I like many here want him to succeed. He should be encouraged on his home court.
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject:

I agree with you, Sage. We already KNOW that booing doesn't help - it sure didn't help in Washington. Kwame is a confidence player - Stu said as much last night on Dave Smith/1540 the ticket. When he makes his first shot, he's usually money after that. When he misses it, he can get a little flustered but booing his butt definitely doesn't help at all.

Not a good attitude from fans, but what else is new? Fans were biching even when we were winning championships.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
All-Star Start Flips Vince Out
Vince Carter, who for the first time in his career was not voted a starter by the fans this season, is the likely choice of the All-Star coach, Detroit's Flip Saunders, to replace injured starter Jermaine O'Neal. "I'm leaning toward Vince," Saunders said before his Pistons pounded the Nets. ... "That's a big surprise," Carter said when he heard the news. "I think that's great. I've got to go over there and thank him." -- New York Post

Vince has absolutley no shame...
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
encina1 wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
Quote:
Heat Can't Convince Analysts
Critics keep piling on the Heat, with Reggie Miller saying Tuesday he ''wouldn't be surprised'' if Miami is upset in the first round of the playoffs by a team such as Philadelphia or Milwaukee. Miami is ''going to have to come up with a third scorer,'' TNT's Miller said off the air. ''It's Detroit's for the taking. You can't go on the road and lose that bad [in Dallas]. They were lucky to [beat the Pistons on Sunday].'' TNT's Magic Johnson added, off air, that Miami needs ''defense and mental toughness, because Detroit has both'' as well as ''somebody who can bring intensity every night.'' -- Miami Herald

They need a third scorer, we have the best third scorer in the game. We need a PG and a PF who can hit open jumpers.... Lamar Odom for Jason Williams and Udanes Haslem anyone?

Haven't we helped the Heat enough? Give them Odom back? So in essence, we trade Shaq for Haslem and Williams?? I think Riley would love that one.

No I am not a Heat fan. I am not a big Lamar Odom fan at this point however. Who cares what the trade would break down to, i.e. Shaq for Haslem and Williams? Which by the way is not that much worse than what the actual trade was! Anyway, Williams is a legit PG who can shoot the three and throw lobs from full court. Phil could mold him in the tri. And Haslem is a solid PF. He makes wide open shots and he would get plenty of those in L.A. Plus he grabs boards too.

This is what I've been talking about with "the haters club" This individual would rather see Kobe thrown out of a game for choking his own player in Jason (no, sorry I don't defend)Williams. How many times have you seen J-dub try throwing a lob pass from half court and be successful?

Lord have mercy we are blessed that these folks can only destroy a team on internet forums!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Sage_10 wrote:
The fact that Kwame got booed pissed me off. I understand he's sucking but booing him won't help. .......... He should be encouraged on his home court.

What really sucks is that in the last two games Brown was almost perfect from the field and free throw line, and had made Yao a non-factor.

Some players live off of criticism, some shy away. Thanks in some part to Jordan and Collins, Kwame is one who shys away. The home crowd should recognize that, and encourage him.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, I just hope kobe who has 15ft thick Alligator like skin will teach Kwame how to hush a crowd even if it is your own house. We need him to build both his game and confidence. I hope there is some kind of campagn to plead with the fans to support Brown.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Some players live off of criticism, some shy away. Thanks in some part to Jordan and Collins, Kwame is one who shys away. The home crowd should recognize that, and encourage him.

Exactly VL.

Y'all know I'm no Kwame fan, but even I hate seeing him getting booed. It does nothing for his game or the Lakers. It just makes him worse.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

Y'all know I'm no Kwame fan, but even I hate seeing him getting booed. It does nothing for his game or the Lakers. It just makes him worse.

Booing makes players more motivated, unless your applying Booing makes Kwame more of a sissy then i guess we can agree.

Fact is Kwame deserves to get boo'd because he is a washed up vagina.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Booing makes players more motivated, unless your applying Booing makes Kwame more of a sissy then i guess we can agree.

And it is Mensas like that that give Laker fans a bad name.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

No all franchises have a few punkass fans.

This guy is just a great example of one.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Each of the teams fanbase has there worse fans fact is i'm not one of them but i can see the reality if you saw any indication from the Jazz game you could tell yourself how pathetic Kwame was people weren't gonna pay for the money to watch Kwame miss passes and brick easy lay-ups each time.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Luckily, I have watched more games than just the Jazz game. Kwame isn't great, but he plays better interior defense than anyone they had last season. I can live with that.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: