What Happens to Outside Shooter in P&G

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: What Happens to Outside Shooter in P&G

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Glenn Rice was one of the best sharp shooters in the league until he came to L.A. suddenly the game became mental and he wasn't as effective as he was B4.
Laker sign George McLeod another sharpshooter. Result; he hardly played and I only remember him having one good game.
Mike Penberthy, nuff said.
Sasha Vujacic, I've heard people (coaches) say the guy can flat out shoot in practice, game lights come on and he gets stage fright.

What is it about the Lakers that makes so many sharp shooters pucker-up?

And yes, I do recall that B-Shaw and Big Shot Bob were big from beyond the arc. But besides their outside shooting they were brought in for veteran leadership. These other guys were strictly for shooting.
PurpleHayz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject:

The triangle happened... In other offenses all they had to do is put the ball in the basket, but when they had to run the triangle it made them think too much. Instead of concentrating on just shooting they were always worrying about being in the right place within the offense. A classic example is JR Rider. When he was with Portland he used to kill teams but when he was put in the triangle he was always tip toeing around and looked lost. Our offense can make even the best players look average if they are not mentally ready to handle it.
ALbino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject:

Glen Rice averaged like 17ppg for the Lakers if I recall... that's not exactly bad.

Did Mike Penberthy even play a regular season game? I only remember pre-season games.

Sasha plays the triangle in practice so it's not the tri. In his case it's just confidence and playing time. He's shooting 34% from 3 right now which leads the team after Cook and is pretty amazing considering where he was earlier in the season. I suspect that you'll see that number slowly creep up over the course of the rest of the season. Unless we get a new PG and his minutes drop significantly.

AL.
lakerMark
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject:

The national attention the Lakers receive. It is easy to shoot with no pressure on you.
Nahtanoj
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject:

Glen averaged nice numbers yes, but don't forget he was also declining already.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: