Orlando Sentinel Poll: Dwight + Arenas for Pau, LO and Blake ? "Yes" is over 50%.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kentu_tiro
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 1:45 pm    Post subject:

BTW LO, Bynum, Luke and Blake works for Howard and Arenas.

DO IT MEEYATCH!
Vercetti
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 1:49 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
akola wrote:
You minions need to get it thru your heads that no way will the FO will trade Gasol over Bynum. Ask kobe who had rather trade. The only guy in the organization that would rather keep bynum is Jim and thats it.

Minions? Really? Is this how we talk to each other around here?

says hes from Orange County. Maybe he's just bitter they aren't getting the Queens this year.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject:

Last edited by babyskyhook on Fri May 13, 2011 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 1:54 pm    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
liltinybus wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
sugi942 wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
The point isn't whether the Lakers would make that particular trade.

It's that the Sentinel has run a "Should the Magic Trade Dwight to the Lakers ?" poll and "Yes" is winning.

What matters is that it's one more thing for Dwight to not be happy about, but worse than what the columnists have been writing because it's the fans saying to go ahead and trade him.

Just like in '96.

This. The point of the exercise is to have the OS piss off D12. Vote yes no matter what!!!

EXACTLY!!!!

It's not about the merits of the trade- it's about voting "Yes" on their poll so that "Yes" stays in the lead, which will certainly filter back to Dwight.
Based on the responses so far in this thread, this point seems to be lost on many.

No joke.

No, we get that. It is, however, entirely appropriate to discuss the trade that is being put up for a poll in Orlando ourselves.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Burgundy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Are you guys nuts? This is absolutely terrible trade for the Lakers. I'm absolutely shocked that there are actually people who think this is a good idea.

NO, you can't pair Bynum and Howard together. This is not the 80's where you can get away with guys lumbering up and down the court.

That being said, to get this deal done, the Lakers will probably have to take back Arenas, (though, I'm sure the Lakers would love to swap Bynum & Draft Picks for Howard, it's not going to happen).

A more realistic scenario probably looks like this:

Bynum, Odom, Fisher, & Walton

For

Howard & Arenas

Fish has the shorter, cheaper contract (and the pedigree) so Magic probably want Fish instead of Blake.

Don't know if the above trade makes LA better, though...
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 1:57 pm    Post subject:

DON'T YOU GUYS POSTING AGAINST THE TRADE IN THIS THREAD UNDERSTAND THE POINT IS TO GO TO VOTE "YES" TO THE TRADE IN THE POLL TO SHOW DWIGHT THEY DON'T WANT HIM THERE SO HE COMES HERE?

The proposed trade pieces mentioned don't matter as they have no bearing on what the trade would actually be!!
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 1:58 pm    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
24 wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
liltinybus wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
sugi942 wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
The point isn't whether the Lakers would make that particular trade.

It's that the Sentinel has run a "Should the Magic Trade Dwight to the Lakers ?" poll and "Yes" is winning.

What matters is that it's one more thing for Dwight to not be happy about, but worse than what the columnists have been writing because it's the fans saying to go ahead and trade him.

Just like in '96.

This. The point of the exercise is to have the OS piss off D12. Vote yes no matter what!!!

EXACTLY!!!!

It's not about the merits of the trade- it's about voting "Yes" on their poll so that "Yes" stays in the lead, which will certainly filter back to Dwight.
Based on the responses so far in this thread, this point seems to be lost on many.

No joke.

No, we get that. It is, however, entirely appropriate to discuss the trade that is being put up for a poll in Orlando ourselves.

24-

I know that you get that. I have my doubts about some other folks.

Fair enough. I just think that if whatever fish wrap they have in Miami had put up a poll asking whether or not LBJ is too selfish, we wouldn't just discuss that they had a poll. We'd talk about the subject itself.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 1:58 pm    Post subject:

hoopsfan75
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:11 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
The-GM wrote:
Dwight and Bynum would be unstoppable. Bynum has a jumper so he can space the floor like Gasol would. And on defense, forget it, no buckets.

This^

People seem to not recognie Bynum's nice little jumper. I feel AWFUL, I not only voted yes, but I commented pretending to be a Magic fan in hopes to get them to think it's actaully a good deal too and start voting yes too. Bynum would be the PF and also get more touches like he's been requesting.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:18 pm    Post subject:

Doing my homage to Just-Ming.

Last edited by babyskyhook on Fri May 13, 2011 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
lakerboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject:

have the nba forbidden the lakers to trade bynum to anyone else but orlando and for dwight howard?

must have, otherwise some responses in this thread makes no sense at all. no, they are actually idiotic.
lotc
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:26 pm    Post subject:

hmm seems like you can vote multiple times...ill be voting some more "Yes"s later tonite
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:29 pm    Post subject:

lakerboy wrote:
have the nba forbidden the lakers to trade bynum to anyone else but orlando and for dwight howard?

must have, otherwise some responses in this thread makes no sense at all. no, they are actually idiotic.

I don't think so. There's a realization that if you pull off the trade mentioned, you're left with two likely incompatible players, and would need to move Bynum for something else. Everyone would know that, making it harder to get value. You hate to swing a trade that forces a second trade you may not be able to pull off. That's all.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:29 pm    Post subject:

hoopsfan75 wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
The-GM wrote:
Dwight and Bynum would be unstoppable. Bynum has a jumper so he can space the floor like Gasol would. And on defense, forget it, no buckets.

This^

People seem to not recognie Bynum's nice little jumper. I feel AWFUL, I not only voted yes, but I commented pretending to be a Magic fan in hopes to get them to think it's actaully a good deal too and start voting yes too. Bynum would be the PF and also get more touches like he's been requesting.

Bless your dark, evil heart. Well done!
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:30 pm    Post subject:

lotc wrote:
hmm seems like you can vote multiple times...ill be voting some more "Yes"s later tonite

Vote early and often- it's the American way!
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Voted again, and commented (as GhostofShaq) reminding them that they lost Shaq for nothing, and that just because the offer is from the Lakers isn't a good reason to repeat that fiasco.
lakerboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:37 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:

I don't think so. There's a realization that if you pull off the trade mentioned, you're left with two likely incompatible players, and would need to move Bynum for something else. Everyone would know that, making it harder to get value. You hate to swing a trade that forces a second trade you may not be able to pull off. That's all.

but it would still get you more then a solid power forward and another good player.

all teams have the goal to improve themselves, and they won't turn down a deal that would get them a young improving center just because we are the lakers.

and even if we fail to trade him, it's not utterly impossible that they can work together.

so again, if it's somehow possible to get the best center in the nba, go and get him. get yourself a franchise player first, and then worry about the rest.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:39 pm    Post subject:

lakerboy wrote:
24 wrote:

but it would still get you more then a solid power forward and another good player.

all teams have the goal to improve themselves, and they won't turn down a deal that would get them a young improving center just because we are the lakers.

and even if we fail to trade him, it's not utterly impossible that they can work together.

so again, if it's somehow possible to get the best center in the nba, go and get him. get yourself a franchise player first, and then worry about the rest.

Fair enough, although if such a deal goes down, probably both LA and Orlando switch Bynum for Pau.
lakeshow'80
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:43 pm    Post subject:

A 3 way with Atlanta/Orlando with the Lakers getting Jamaal Crawford/Howard.
Ko8e8ryant
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:45 pm    Post subject:

lakeshow'80 wrote:
A 3 way with Atlanta/Orlando with the Lakers getting Jamaal Crawford/Howard.

That would be one of the best 3 ways I could imagine ...

- Andy Warhol
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:50 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Voted again, and commented (as GhostofShaq) reminding them that they lost Shaq for nothing, and that just because the offer is from the Lakers isn't a good reason to repeat that fiasco.

Noice!

I just added a little propaganda on there myself.

The "Yes" votes have been picking up steam since this thread went up.

LG coming through!
lakerboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
lakerboy wrote:
24 wrote:

Fair enough, although if such a deal goes down, probably both LA and Orlando switch Bynum for Pau.

yeah, i agree here. gasol, given his age and contract, is not the best product you would like to have when you enter the rebuild mode.
cital
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:54 pm    Post subject:

kentu_tiro wrote:
BTW LO, Bynum, Luke and Blake works for Howard and Arenas.

DO IT MEEYATCH!

That would have to be the deal
hoopsfan75
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 3:02 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:

Nice to meet you GhostofShaq. My name is Travis.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 3 of 17
Jump to: