This is what happens when Kobe "shares" the ball
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KB8LJ23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject:

There is not one thing that you can put on this game. Almost everything went wrong. What's up with the rotations. We were getting beat on the glass. And, Phil doesn't put a bigger body in there? We had Smush, Kobe, Lamar, George, Cook. You think that lineup isn't going to give up rebounds? Of course it is. What was Phil thinking there. All I know is this team is .500 at the All Star Game. That is pathetic. This team needs a trade. Someone needs to fire Mitch. I think last year he was on vacation during the All Star Break too. What the hell is up with that.

What it boils down too is this. FO is laid back. So there players are laid back. FO doesn't care about winning but collecting paychecks. That's all Mitch has done for the past how many years. He never makes a decent trade. And when he does he gives up a lot more than what he takes in. Jones, and Butler. Are prime examples of that.
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: Re: This is what happens when Kobe "shares" the ball

OdomX2 wrote:
Zhengi wrote:
OdomX2 wrote:
Zhengi wrote:
drzucchini wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
OdomX2 wrote:
KoBeLuvver wrote:
Tell the Kobe critics to look at what happens when Kobe shares the ball. The steal by Kobe and then the pass to Smush epitomized this Laker season. It's a shame that we lost this game. If I were Mr. Bryant, and thank goodness I am not right now, I would have serious words with upper management. I hope we saw some Lakers in their last games as Lakers tonight, because everyone can attest, something needs to change.

Late~[/u]

Smush missed a wide open dunk. He isn't a freaking NBA player!!! Why doesn't anyone get this? He made a whopping 1 out of 9 shots! Blame Kobe for passing to a wide open guy? Honestly, this is an abomination, an absolute embarrasement. Aside from Kobe, this is the worst collection of stiffs in Laker history.

Ok, you want to go that route. Kobe was 6-12 from the line. We lost by 4
Kobe put up 14 treys and landed 5
Was anybody noticing that the Hawks were scoring at will at one point. You folks who concentrate on last minute miscues don't seem to understand. The shame in this game took place long before Parker (bleep) up that jam!

NBA legend Smush Parker was 1-for-9, and future Hall of Famer Sasha Vujacic was 1-for-7, but let's go ahead and pin the loss on six missed free throws. :roll:

Do you think it would have helped if they made those 6 free throws? Couldn't possibly hurt. :roll:

This game was not lost at the free throw line. It was lost defensively, and at the point with Sasha and Smush, two guys that belong in Europe.

If Kobe would have shot his usual percentage of 84%, which equal about 10 fts and 4 additional points, with the rest of the team making 2 more to be at 11-15, we would have won. We would have literally outscored the other team, and that's what you want from your team, even with the bad defense.

Look at the Mavs. We all make fun of their bad D, but you know what, when it comes down to winning games, at least outscoring your opponents does that.

and if Kobe shot his usual 44% from the field we would have lost...or his usual 4 assists instead of 9. Are you kidding me???

Last time I checked, no one guards a player at the charity stripe, but they do do that when shooting from the field or when making the pass to a player.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: Re: This is what happens when Kobe "shares" the ball

OdomX2 wrote:
Zhengi wrote:
drzucchini wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
OdomX2 wrote:
KoBeLuvver wrote:
Tell the Kobe critics to look at what happens when Kobe shares the ball. The steal by Kobe and then the pass to Smush epitomized this Laker season. It's a shame that we lost this game. If I were Mr. Bryant, and thank goodness I am not right now, I would have serious words with upper management. I hope we saw some Lakers in their last games as Lakers tonight, because everyone can attest, something needs to change.

Late~[/u]

Smush missed a wide open dunk. He isn't a freaking NBA player!!! Why doesn't anyone get this? He made a whopping 1 out of 9 shots! Blame Kobe for passing to a wide open guy? Honestly, this is an abomination, an absolute embarrasement. Aside from Kobe, this is the worst collection of stiffs in Laker history.

Ok, you want to go that route. Kobe was 6-12 from the line. We lost by 4
Kobe put up 14 treys and landed 5
Was anybody noticing that the Hawks were scoring at will at one point. You folks who concentrate on last minute miscues don't seem to understand. The shame in this game took place long before Parker (bleep) up that jam!

NBA legend Smush Parker was 1-for-9, and future Hall of Famer Sasha Vujacic was 1-for-7, but let's go ahead and pin the loss on six missed free throws. :roll:

Do you think it would have helped if they made those 6 free throws? Couldn't possibly hurt. :roll:

This game was not lost at the free throw line. It was lost defensively, and at the point with Sasha and Smush, two guys that belong in Europe.

That is what I'm trying to tell you! Defensive napping and going 15-27 from the charity stripe will get your ass kicked by even the Atlanta Hawks! Oh thats right! That was the Hawks! The Lakers scored a Chulupa for everybody 110 points and, still got there asses handed to them and you want to tell me about that dunk? The problem is deeper than that is what I'm saying. These races to the 4th quarter buzzer need to stop...
vicman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject:

i was out the game and i tell you there were several reasons for the loss.

Defense i mean i cant believe the layups these guys were getting

2nd chance points i dont know how many they got but it seemed to be alot.

3 point shots. the point in the game where atlanta took over the game was the same period that the lakers shot 5 3 pointers in like 6 trips

foul shots i kobe was unlike kobe but smush stinks he has been horrible at the line.

to make matter worse the lakers have a chance to tie and i believe they get robbed byt the refs there. i think there were 2 fouls on that particulr trip down the floor.

the sad part is they still had a chance to win. the lakers need to make a move before the deadline
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject:

This game should settle it once & for all -- the Lakers have only two players -- Kobe & Lamar -- the remaining players are simply 2nd string scrubs -- Atlanta as bad as they are possess some nice young players -- Childress et.al. will be significant starting players in the NBA -- Kwame, Cook, Smush et.al. are 2nd string scrubs and don't even come off the bench on a championship caliber club.
OshadowO
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject:

i'm sorry but Kobe took 28 shots and people are still complaining about him not shooting enough?!

jeez....defense guys defense. Somewhere in January our Defense decided it had enough of these clowns and went to nassau for vacation. Apparently its still there :/

I think PJ needs to do nothing but run defensive plays during practice here-on.
lakerfin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Re: This is what happens when Kobe "shares" the ball

OdomX2 wrote:
KoBeLuvver wrote:

Late~[/u]

While I agree we have our share of stiffs, and Smush is riding the CBA/NBA/developmental league fringe(throw Luke in there too), I've seen Michael Jordan miss an even easier, less contested dunk. It happens. It's just all happening to us.......right now. Come on Mitch.
drzucchini
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: This is what happens when Kobe "shares" the ball

Zhengi wrote:
Last time I checked, no one guards a player at the charity stripe, but they do do that when shooting from the field or when making the pass to a player.

By your logic, we should blame any player who doesn't shoot 95%+. Also, these players aren't machines. Players get winded, and legs get tired. In Kobe's case, his legs are tired from constantly having to shoot this team out of mediocrity.

It's amazing to read some of the comments made by some of these posters. You'd think that they've never picked up a basketball in their lives. :roll:
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject: Re: This is what happens when Kobe "shares" the ball

drzucchini wrote:
Zhengi wrote:

By your logic, we should blame any player who doesn't shoot 95%+. Also, these players aren't machines. Players get winded, and legs get tired. In Kobe's case, his legs are tired from constantly having to shoot this team out of mediocrity.

It's amazing to read some of the comments made by some of these posters. You'd think that they've never picked up a basketball in their lives. :roll:

No, I don't blame them for not shooting 95%, but to ask for them to shoot 70% is not too ridiculous a demand either.

As for getting winded, sit on the bench if you're tired. If you can't play, you're hurting the team. And there is absolutely no reason why they shoudl be tired. No defense, no rebounding, shooting 3s, and missing free throws.

Plus, I was placing the blame entirely on the team. No one is exempt after a loss to the Hawks.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject:

Defense and Rebounding cost the Lakers the game.

Believe me, if Bryant played this way the entire season, the MVP would be a lock.

The first quarter was the clearest example of how he made his teammates play better.... he hit them with passes for layups and ran the floor... AND he took the shots he usually takes.

The difference? All starters were on the scoreboard within the first several minutes of the game.

That's balance.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject:

we lost because this team relies too much on Kobe. That's what happens when we rely too much on one man carrying all the load.

Scoring, defense, playmaking, etc...

no team wins with only one man doing all those things.

Changes need to be made. Only a stunted GM would sit and wait for the stars to fall from heaven.

I expect Phil to write another book by season's end (or at least at the end of his 30 million contract)...book it. "How I Stole 30 Million and (bleep) Up Kobe & the Lakers"
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:19 am    Post subject: Re: This is what happens when Kobe "shares" the ball

Our problems are defensively. If we are going to let poor teams score at will, we're going to keep losing.
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:21 am    Post subject:

We lost through terrible interior defense and also giving up way too many open shots. We were fortunate to lose only by 4. Lack of hustle also cost us and Josh Smith looked like an all star starter out there tonight.
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:21 am    Post subject:

I'm sorry, but pinning this game on Kobe's FT's is nuts.

Yes, if he was 84% from the line we'd have theoretically won.

Yes, if Smush or Sasha hit whatever their season FG%'s were we'd have
theoretically won.

Every night is gonna have some players below their averages, some above.

That goes for FG%, FT%, etc etc etc

etc etc etc

And Kobe's 5-from-14 from behind the arc is still roughly 35%.

Smush (1-for-9) and Sasha (1-for-7) are clearly more culpable on
offense than Kobe's FT's.

Bottom line: We lose (as is increasingly the case) on poor defense.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: