The League should be embarrassed that Yao and McGrady are on the AS Team
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
prisma8slg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:11 am    Post subject:

I heard on PTI that TMac received more votes from China than Yao

"I've seen it all. Sasha dunked on somebody," Kobe Bryant said. "I'm ready to retire now."
T3D
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:36 am    Post subject:

I would have liked to see Melo get the nod over Tmac...
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:46 am    Post subject:

Yao deserves the nomination just as much as Stay Puff O'neal. Their points per game and rebounds are almost identical. But at least Yao puts in an effort.

As for T-Mac, he's still one of the best player in the game, regardless of how his team sucks. They are 0-11 w/o him in the lineup. And didn't Kobe start last year while our team totally sucked.
1twojay
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:51 am    Post subject:

eldrunko714 wrote:
USA Population 295,734,134
Internet Usage Statistics:
203,824,428 Internet users as of Dec./2005, 68.1% of the population, according to Nielsen//NetRating

China Population 1,306,313,812 China Has 111 Million Internet Users
CNNIC Jan. 17, 2005 - By the end of 2005, the total number of Internet users in mainland China reached 111 million, a 17 million increase over 2004. Total number of online computers: 49.5 million, website: 694,200, and the total number of ".cn" domain registration is 1,096,924.

China has four times the population America has yet has half the amount of internet users compared to the US. You guys need to stop being so ignorant. Yao led all UNITED STATES votes over all centers over the past few years. It is what it is. This is the All-Star voting system for the NBA so deal with it or don't watch the All-Star game, simple as that. You guys don't need to bash a whole country though.

How many people in China do you think can afford computers and internet service? Do you guys know what China's terrain looks like? You assume they have telephone lines and cable lines running across the rivers and valleys and mountain sides of China? Some cities in America don't have cable internet service do you think a billion Chinese, a lot of whom are poor live like we do here in the US? Like someone else said already "this happens every year". Do me a favor, close your eyes or something when TMac and Yao enter the game, don't watch the game at all, boycott. :roll:

kells1220
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:57 am    Post subject:

The only problem I have with it is that these guys are on losing teams. Tmac is definately a great player, but Yao an All Star? The jury's still out. Either Melo or Marion should be a starter. But the all star game is in Houston so I don't think its that big of a deal that two rocket players are on the team.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:08 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
I am surprised Jordan is not still starting.

4 Pointer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:09 am    Post subject:

Don't think they are one bit embarrassed.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:12 am    Post subject:

eldrunko714 wrote:
203,824,428 Internet users as of Dec./2005, 68.1% of the population, according to Nielsen//NetRating

CNNIC Jan. 17, 2005 - By the end of 2005, the total number of Internet users in mainland China reached 111 million, a 17 million increase over 2004. Total number of online computers: 49.5 million, website: 694,200, and the total number of ".cn" domain registration is 1,096,924.

China has four times the population America has yet has half the amount of internet users compared to the US. You guys need to stop being so ignorant. Yao led all UNITED STATES votes over all centers over the past few years. It is what it is. This is the All-Star voting system for the NBA so deal with it or don't watch the All-Star game, simple as that. You guys don't need to bash a whole country though.

How many people in China do you think can afford computers and internet service? Do you guys know what China's terrain looks like? You assume they have telephone lines and cable lines running across the rivers and valleys and mountain sides of China? Some cities in America don't have cable internet service do you think a billion Chinese, a lot of whom are poor live like we do here in the US? Like someone else said already "this happens every year". Do me a favor, close your eyes or something when TMac and Yao enter the game, don't watch the game at all, boycott. :roll:

Is the Internet the ONLY place to vote? If it is not, then ^^ is null and void considering you can take a billion out of their population and they still have more than the USA.
4 Pointer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:17 am    Post subject:

Don't forget Yao's status in China.
Nynuk
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:
eldrunko714 wrote:

Is the Internet the ONLY place to vote? If it is not, then ^^ is null and void considering you can take a billion out of their population and they still have more than the USA.

For people in China, yes, it is the only way to vote. Paper ballots are distributed in NBA arenas and in some American stores.
LALfan4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: The League should be embarrassed that Yao and McGrady are on the AS Team

OdomX2 wrote:
Something should be done to negate the votes of the billion or so Chinese, and the rest of us for that matter. No way that either of these losing, underperforming China dolls belong in the league marquee event.

You know it really isn't this serious no need to get so pissy about it.
Sidious
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject:

lakerboy wrote:
the worst player of all starters is the one with the most votes.

yeah i guess it has nothing to do with china :roll:

hopefully someone can explain me why david wesley got more votes then jason richardson?? because he is a rocket? and chinese people who votes for yao also vote for wesley?

i dont say all of yao's votes are from china, but i guess its nearly 50%

Is it really that big of a deal. What centers in the west deserve a spot over Yao?

And where were all you cry babies when Kobe Bryant started on the all star team and he didn't even start on the Lakers. I didn't hear the outrage over those idiot Americans that don't know anything about basketball voting in a high school kid.
KingKobeDubbz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:02 am    Post subject:

Imean I used to hate on Yao too. But you gotta give it up man. He is the 2nd best center in the NBA hands down. FOrget that a billion CHinese peolple voted him in. Honestly he is the best center in the west despite Houstons terrible record. If you can;t admit that than you are truly a idiot. Don't say Brad Miller or Chris Kaman you'll just make yourself look like a butt monkey. Seriously yao is the best cneter in the west and we would probably feel most confident throwing him against the Big Ben Gay. T-Macc is not small potatoes too. He is has been great for years. Now if your really judging all-star contenders for there record then they definetly don't deserve it but all in all they do. I think Yao is solid for that spot but not T-Macc . I would like to see Elton Brand be a starter.
MadLaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject:

Hmm, it's amazing how ignorant some of you guys are.

The numbers are there for you to read, yet all of you refuse to.

All I see here is the word "billion" being thrown around so casually.

Some of you still voicing the same illogical and biased opnion that seems to have never changed.

It's just crying and crying. Is it boredom or are some of you really haters?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: