Hawks loss is not all bad…
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
novano2004
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject:

Smart teams take advantages. LAL had 3 advantages for the past 3 weeks when teams like clippers and MEM lost some games yet LAL never seem to be able to pull the trigger to get that important win. Especially against MEM I think am a pretty positive LAL fan, but i want to admit that this loss was painful and it will hunt the Lakers for the next few games when it come to standing. don’t forget, Boozer is back and it will take him 2 weeks to be more effective for Utah which can steal the 8th seed, so watch out. any loss from now one can be considered 2 loses.
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject:

AutoShackMotorSports wrote
Quote:

Smush Parker - repeatedly got burned.......
Brian Cook - Scoring.....but too many threes
DGeorge - too many threes.
so does Kobe, what is this basketball club thinking? Play with some HEART!!! Defend your home turf......The fearsome Laker team that won three rings became a Foster Freeze softie. Let me spell it out for you Lakers.....

Help defense
Execute the triangle
Allow no layups
Recognize double teams
Trap the backcourt

get it?

I really do think they get it, after all they are pros.

The question is CAN they do it?

I think that at times they have answered that question as they have shown that they actually CAN do it.... After all if they were not capable of doing it then how did they actually do it on the occassions where the Lakers did put together impressive all around games on both ends of the court.

The problem with this team is consistency. They have had some impressive wins, but for the most part they are disappointing.

Since I think it is far to say that they have shown that they CAN do it since they have done well at times then it is a given that the talent is there to do it, just not on a consistent basis, then the question to ask is...

What is the reason this team lacks consistency?

1. Is it inexperience in the League?

2. Is it not knowing how to play together?

3. Is it impacted by the Triangle learning curve?

4. Is it that we need one more high impact player on the roster?

5. Is it bad chemistry?

6. Is it a lack of motivation?

7. Is it lack of heart?

If the answer is "yes" to any of the first 4 questions it is just a matter of time to solve this, whether it be getting more playing time together or adding that impact player.

If the answer is "yes" to question 5 then possibly wholesale trades are in order.

If the answer is "yes" to the last 2 then it is on the coaching staff more than anything else to resolve.

I tend to go with 3 and 4 for the most part, thus we should improve in time and need to be patient to acquire the added piece to the roster.

I also tend to go with 6 as well, which I lay on Phil's door step. Phil has commented more than once that this team bewilders him. The fact is that the team has shown flashes of excellent play proven by some impressive wins, albiet not that often. It behoves Phil to figure out why a team that has shown that they are capable does not come out every night and play at that same intensity and dedication.

In the end, I feel that as the team continues to learn the Triangle and if Phil can figure a way to get the players to come out and play together as a team, both of which are HIS responsibility as a coach, the Lakers have the potential to continue and improve.

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...

Last edited by LA_Lakers_Rule on Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
VicTheBrick
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers are a team in turmoil and total darkness right now. Even the Great #8 and the Zen Master are not immune to bad team play and lack of effort. Feeelling you, Laker fans! We will rise again.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
VEN_150
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject:

this puts more pressure on the lakers to improve now, via a good trade, mitch/buss are you there??, not that they will do it, but the pressure increases on them.

Other than that, we know what the lakers are now, so at least some of us can stop sweating about it and go on with our lives.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: