Quickest way back to top...

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Drop the crap for DEFENSE or wait (2007) and try to add to the mix???
Do what it takes to get better defenders around Kobe...
41%
 41%  [ 13 ]
Give this team another year or so...wait on the 2007 plan...
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
All we need is KG...
48%
 48%  [ 15 ]
NEVER trade LO...
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 31

GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Quickest way back to top...

This team is a HORRIBLE defensive team...I know you know that by now...how do we get back to the top?

Sacrifices...some of our favorite players will have to go and LA HAS to establish some sort of an IDENTITY!!!!!!!

We are going to HAVE to over-pay for what we NEED...at least for now. We have to clean this roster up and get some more athletic, defensive minded players here...maybe get some picks we can use later to make more trades...

This roster has to be shaken up...

LO has to go...dude is a poor defender and to add insult to injury, he doesn't score as much as he gives up!

Mihm could do commercials for the doughboy...

Cook/Luke/Smush/Sasha? Need I say more???

From the 1-5, we need help...
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
My picks for deadline trade targets:

Boozer
K-mart
Gooden
Joe Smith
R Lewis
Flip Murray
Doleac
Mikki Moore

Tricky to sort that list out cuz some of those players would involve moving
LO and/or Bynum, Mihm - etc. Some wouldn't.

Boozer gets a huge from me.

K-Mart is more appealing, still overpaid and I'd rather wait for a better piece.

Rashard Lewis and Gooden I've been on the fence on ever since they've
been mentioned as available - Not gonna endorse 'em, cuz it would
depend on what we gave up, but they're worth looking into IMO.

Flip Murray has been overhyped, but he ain't bad. Still likely a
career backup IMO. Thing is, we have two guys in Smush and Sasha
who are young enough to end up good career backups. No interest from
me on a PG unless he's a legit starter.

Joe Smith - only at the right price.

Doleac

Mikki Moore - Not a terrible player from what little I've seen, but
in a moment of honesty I'll admit I haven't seen enough of him to cast
much judgement. Would have to watch him more. Clearly a "right price"
guy too of course.
Vlade
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Boozer: hell no!

K-mart: better, but still considerably overpaid and a health risk. If he came, we'd better at least get Watson with him.

Gooden: If he came cheap, sure. Otherwise, pass.

Joe Smith: ditto

R Lewis: I'd give Odom for him, but there are others I'd rather give Odom for. Still, I'd be happy with this trade.

Flip Murray: Why exactly?

Doleac:

Mikki Moore:

But here's a question... why don't you have any PG's on your list when that is the position we need most? I would consider Steve Francis for Lamar Odom provided we got a pick. Or a cheaper alternative would be Brevin Knight whom we might be able to get for Cook and a pick.
venicebeach
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject:

For me only Smith, but at the right price
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:10 am    Post subject:

Some people criticize Mitch and Buss for having the attitude of not making a deal unless it would definetely help us and make us a good team, but I agree with that to an extent. If we could get a role player or a solid player like Gooden for cheap (like giving up Devean and/or Slava), then do it. Otherwise lets be a little patient. I think this team, if we have no more key injuries, should be good enough to at least sneak into the playoffs. Remember the easiest part of our schedule starts now.

We have to look at the big picture. The Lakers think about World Championships. Not making the playoffs, not division or conference titles. So they have to think about bringing in one or two good players that won't just be a stopgap, but rather part of the core of our next great team. Magic said that we are one good player and one role player away right now. I agree with that. We need that All-Star who's a legit scoring threat and gets us 18+ a game, and one or two cheap role players a la Fisher, Horry, Fox, etc. from the threepeat teams. And that's the frustrating thing about this team the last 1.5 years. We're pretty close, but pretty far away.
K8KillerInstinct
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject:

KG baby!

I have been saying this all along (although I dont 100% sure that this trade is legit). But if we do get KG, say hello to the new champs cuz with KG & Kobe (oooh man that would be sweeet) we would totally dominate.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject:

I voted for 07 because , realistically that whats going to happen, and we all know that deep down, even if we try too fool ourselves into rationalising something else happening. That the direction we have continued to show since the shaq trade, Bynum drafted, being picky about signing players all offseason, not willing to pick up available players, the signs are their, the organization is not in a haste too return too the top. Their goin to take their time, and hope kobe can fool the fans and keep revenues following at staples. Phil jackson singing , a smokescreen, too make it look like they are working hard ,at all cost too return to prominence, im thinkin its time too get ready for the long haul of 07, and possibly 08, by then bynum will hopefully arrived as well as kwame and one could be dealt.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: