A "Guarantee" was made.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject:

KA_2 wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
Built from scratch? What are ya? A turdburglin fool? First West took that team from contender status to doormats then got back to work over the course of 12 years. It's not from scratch. It's cleaning up all the doo doo he created. A decade plus of ineptitude. No star. No hope. And a crappy team. That's what West created.

Magic retired due to HIV and the Lakers got nothing for him. 12 years? I'd say making the Finals in 89, competing in 90, and making the Finals again in 91 isn't really ineptitude. Then again, I actually witnessed these events. I ask, how old are you?

Additionally, how is that not building from scratch, while Dumars' situation was?

Quote:
And I've given him credit for still being good a good GM. You seem to take issue that I don't think of him has great? Get over it. What did he do? Buy you knee pads for Christmas or something. I said long ago in this thread that we could agree to disagree,, but you're hung up on the dude. I think he's GOOD. You think he's GREAT. Wipe your mouth, stand up, and get over it. We don't agree....Big deal.....

Meh, it's basically like disagreeing over a fact. Some twat will tell you Jerry West wasn't a great GM, informed Laker fans laugh at him, but the twat still reiterates the same thing pretending it's his opinion. No, it isn't, there really aren't any GMs better than Jerry West over the past 25 years, and the ones you can make an argument for are few and far between, further proving the point that West had to have been a great GM if there are a select few that can compare to him.

Aussiesuede wrote:
No genius. You were called Einstien because you jumped into a middle of a conversation made the following remark "I smell what you're stepping in now, drafting Milicic was a stroke of genious and hence was the reason they won a championship" trying to be cutesy and I responded in kind. Obviously you're not Einstein!

Yeah, but he's not stupid either. Can't say the same for that garbage comment you made about Milicic. "He has a ring". So does Mark Madsen. The Lakers still win titles without him, just as the Pistons do without Milicic.

How obtuse are ya? We obviously disagree. You can't let it go? An OPINION is ALWAYS independently held. As surprising as it would be to you, others in this world would pick someone other that West or Dumars as the best. It's their OPINION. Your's isn't right simply because you think it to be. The amazing part is that you need an absolute stanger to agree with ya? Bet that drives your boyfriend crazy...
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
KA_2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
How obtuse are ya? We obviously disagree. You can't let it go? An OPINION is ALWAYS independently held. As surprising as it would be to you, others in this world would pick someone other that West or Dumars as the best. It's their OPINION. Your's isn't right simply because you think it to be. The amazing part is that you need an absolute stanger to agree with ya? Bet that drives your boyfriend crazy...

Hey, if you wanted to raise the white flag you should have just done it from the outset. Again, I reiterate, there's no way you can logically argue Jerry West isn't a great GM, unless you don't think any GM in history is great. You call it an opinion, which it is. But it's an opinion about a fact; that Jerry West was a great GM. The degree of his greatness can be argued, not the greatness itself. But I don't blame you, most young fans underrate West. But you're the first dolt here not to call him great, so congrats on that.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject:

KA_2 wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:

Hey, if you wanted to raise the white flag you should have just done it from the outset. Again, I reiterate, there's no way you can logically argue Jerry West isn't a great GM, unless you don't think any GM in history is great. You call it an opinion, which it is. But it's an opinion about a fact; that Jerry West was a great GM. The degree of his greatness can be argued, not the greatness itself. But I don't blame you, most young fans underrate West. But you're the first dolt here not to call him great, so congrats on that.

OK Champ...White Flag...I've seen the error of my ways...I repent.. Whatever it takes to end this useless banter I'm guilty of. You are my God. I should have recognised it upon first review.......
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
KA_2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
OK Champ...White Flag...I've seen the error of my ways...I repent.. Whatever it takes to end this useless banter I'm guilty of. You are my God. I should have recognised it upon first review.......

Good call. Excellent way to bow out of an argument you were outmatched in from the beginning.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject:

KA_2 wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:

Good call. Excellent way to bow out of an argument you were outmatched in from the beginning.

Thank You My Lord....I shall study you and your greatness... Thanx for shining the light on thee...
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: A "Guarantee" was made.

bounty wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
Donia Jamieson wrote:
Dr. Jerry Buss "Guaranteed" that this team will make the playoffs. Not that he hopes, or it's possible.....he flat out guaranteed we make the playoffs. He MUST commit himself to recognizing that, otherwise he will lose credibility if he does nothing to improve this team.

So many apologists still exist, asking how we dare question the path this org is taking ("we have 14 championships, how dare you question the great owner...blah blah blah). I am not questioning jackcrap, I am only holding Dr. Buss to the promise he made this season ticket holder at the begining of the season. I laid my money down on the good Dr's dedication to, and I quote, "never have a season like last years again."...... I am currently an unsatisfied customer at this point in the season, but it's not too late.

The Buss family/ Kupchak, can still fufill the promise and guarantee he made to us. The trade deadline has not passed us, and the ball is in their court. The Lakers cannot afford to alienate the fans with false promises. I believe Buss will take head and push Kupchak to make a move, because at this point IT MUST be done.

The Dr's word is at stake here. A promise to the fan was made. WE WILL HOLD HIM TO IT.

We will make the playoffs. We're in the 8th seed as we speak and have just finished the most difficult part of our schedule. Thus, barring injuries, we'll make the post-season.

would that include losing 2 of 3 at home?

boubty,bounty, bounty...

Let me know when your serious about your doubts and I'll bet you a two week vacation that will take your "non believing ways" away for that lovely period and lift that dark cloud up off of LG for a much needed rest! If the Lakers don't go to the playoffs I'll take me and my homerish ways away so you can go completely unchecked for that same amount of time...

Just say the word!

_________________ sign here and, we are on!
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:09 am    Post subject:

The Lakers must make the Playoffs. Kobe won't have it any other way.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:19 am    Post subject:

japanesebeef1 wrote:
Sonicc64 wrote:
right, now... I'd rather have Mark Cuban as owner over Jerry Buss.

Whaaaaaht?

I will give you that Cuban is a good owner, but . . . . he needs at least one championship before I would even consider trading him for Buss.

Seven for Buss and counting.

They are at different stages of the process. Cuban is just trying to get over the hump. Buss is rebuilding, something he's been successfull to the point of championships twice.

Would you say that Cuban was brilliant when he let MVP Steve Nash go as a free agent to Phoenix? When Shaq went all hysterical, at least we got "something" in return.

Patience . . . grasshopper.

That was pretty!!!! NOt to even mention the Van exel exit! Mark still thinks that ballplayers are wind up toys. Has no idea of what he is doing. Cuban is fun because he is no different than a large percentage of the posters on here who trade just to be trading! Lots of money and an NBA team. He is living a dream a lot of guys wish they could have. I also believe a lot of our craziest traders could beat Cubans decisions as well!
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: A "Guarantee" was made.

THE_SHOES wrote:
bounty wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
Donia Jamieson wrote:
Dr. Jerry Buss "Guaranteed" that this team will make the playoffs. Not that he hopes, or it's possible.....he flat out guaranteed we make the playoffs. He MUST commit himself to recognizing that, otherwise he will lose credibility if he does nothing to improve this team.

So many apologists still exist, asking how we dare question the path this org is taking ("we have 14 championships, how dare you question the great owner...blah blah blah). I am not questioning jackcrap, I am only holding Dr. Buss to the promise he made this season ticket holder at the begining of the season. I laid my money down on the good Dr's dedication to, and I quote, "never have a season like last years again."...... I am currently an unsatisfied customer at this point in the season, but it's not too late.

The Buss family/ Kupchak, can still fufill the promise and guarantee he made to us. The trade deadline has not passed us, and the ball is in their court. The Lakers cannot afford to alienate the fans with false promises. I believe Buss will take head and push Kupchak to make a move, because at this point IT MUST be done.

The Dr's word is at stake here. A promise to the fan was made. WE WILL HOLD HIM TO IT.

We will make the playoffs. We're in the 8th seed as we speak and have just finished the most difficult part of our schedule. Thus, barring injuries, we'll make the post-season.

would that include losing 2 of 3 at home?

boubty,bounty, bounty...

Let me know when your serious about your doubts and I'll bet you a two week vacation that will take your "non believing ways" away for that lovely period and lift that dark cloud up off of LG for a much needed rest! If the Lakers don't go to the playoffs I'll take me and my homerish ways away so you can go completely unchecked for that same amount of time...

Just say the word!

_________________ sign here and, we are on!

Werent you going to disappear if LO had a bad game for a day or two? If thats the case, shouldnt you still be gone. I mean its been a LOT of bad games bro. In fact insnt there a thread dedicated to just that?
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject:

For one thing LO has been fine since returning early from his injury so, as far as I'm concerned you're just talk'n trash as usual... That blocked shot by Gasol does'nt mean anything more than that...

What you do is watch LO have a good all around game only to search out the one or two mistakes and let that represent. Well no, you and, "your group" can get off on that bull (bleep) all you want but, I'm not about to agree to it...

I noticed you glossed and skipped right over my offer... There can be no mistakes or, judgement calls on that one. If you can talk your main man KA_2 into joining in on the fun I would be willing to extend this offer for a month...
Smel Counts
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:40 am    Post subject:

The playoff guarantee is stupid and it's tying our hands on making the best deals for the team long term.
And for what?
A first round sweeping?
We're the Lakers for chrissakes!
We don't play to get into the playoffs
We EXIST to win titles!!!!!!!!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject:

KA_2 wrote:

Uh, name a better GM in the NBA the last 25 years. When you come back with Jerry West, then tell me he is overrated. And those "lean" years still featured better teams than the one being fielded by the Lakers today.

Name a better GM in the league the last 6 seasons, since the modern CBAs have been in effect. Buford and Dumars go to the top of that list. West still has to prove he can win with the current salary cap restrictions.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject:

Smel Counts wrote:
The playoff guarantee is stupid and it's tying our hands on making the best deals for the team long term.
And for what?
A first round sweeping?
We're the Lakers for chrissakes!
We don't play to get into the playoffs
We EXIST to win titles!!!!!!!!

Listen, the first team the Lakers see in the playoffs is gone as long as it isn't the Spurs. The Lakers are so close to becoming seriously dangerous. They have a couple of months to iron out their defensive issues and, I believe they can handle that. Points on the board is not now, nor has been an issue. Allowing teams to score 100+ is this teams main problem.

There is no way that any other team besides the Spurs and Detroit can just contiuously whoop the Lakers 4 of 7...
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
For one thing LO has been fine since returning early from his injury so, as far as I'm concerned you're just talk'n trash as usual... That blocked shot by Gasol does'nt mean anything more than that...

What you do is watch LO have a good all around game only to search out the one or two mistakes and let that represent. Well no, you and, "your group" can get off on that bull (bleep) all you want but, I'm not about to agree to it...

I noticed you glossed and skipped right over my offer... There can be no mistakes or, judgement calls on that one. If you can talk your main man KA_2 into joining in on the fun I would be willing to extend this offer for a month...

You made that leaving LG claim weeks b4 LO's injury. You never left . Get over it man. SHEESH. You closing your eyes saying to yourself "LO is an all-star", doesnt make him one. BTW-What happened to your offer? You never left. In fact he had a string of 6 hideous games in a row. Doest than mean you should still be gone?
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:

Thanks for at least making that singular
KA_2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:14 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
KA_2 wrote:

Uh, name a better GM in the NBA the last 25 years. When you come back with Jerry West, then tell me he is overrated. And those "lean" years still featured better teams than the one being fielded by the Lakers today.

Name a better GM in the league the last 6 seasons, since the modern CBAs have been in effect. Buford and Dumars go to the top of that list. West still has to prove he can win with the current salary cap restrictions.

Not really, otherwise you're ignoring all the fantastic GMs before 2000. And West has still been one of the best GMs in the league the last 6 seasons considering he's GM'ing a team in a city very few people want to play in. Whereas Kupchak is GM'ing the most storied franchise in modern sports next to the Yankees in a city most players would rather be in than Memphis, and is still getting pummelled by West under the same CBA restrictions. But you already knew that. Or not.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:19 am    Post subject:

The Mihm deal was a good one. Bynum was an excellent draft pick. Things aren't as bad as some make them to be.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: