Trade LO, or wait till we have money?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smel Counts
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
ron aint no set shooter. therefore his 3pt shot will look Terrible sitting up in the triangle. kobe drives and kicks to ron..... Brick. Brick. Swish, Brick, Swish, Brick, Brick, Brick.

I want a 2nd scoring threat/with defense and a 3pointer(40%). and he needs to be known for making good decisions with the basketball. if you know where i can get this guy, let me know. and at the same time. I still want LO around to compliment kobe and this 2nd scoring guy. I dont want to give away our #3 guy to get a #2. and we still need a #3. and for those who says LO makes #1 money. thats not true. and you cant compare that because he got his cash before the new agreement. so what guys are making now as #1's was not the same as what they were making pre-agreement.
it aint all LO's fault. and lets stop acting like it.

You're right about Ron, and he is nuts.
I want those same characteristics in a second scoring option as well. Fisher fits those requirements somewhat, Odom never will.

You have to give up the #3 to get a two when your #3 takes up about a quarter of the salary cap. It doesn't matter which agreement LO made his deal under, we can't improve while paying him that much. It's not his fault but he does have to be moved for a better fit. Where were his rebounds last night? I know that's unusual but he's definitely not the answer for us and never will be.
Anybody can get assists when he's surrounded by shooters. Kobe could become Magic if he had Scott, Cooper, Worthy, KAJ, McAdoo, Nixon, Wilkes around him.
How many assists could Kobe get if we replaced Prince for the Pistons?
Hamilton and Billups combine to shoot almost .45% from 3. Sheed, Ben, and McDyess all convert.
Get the man some shooters PLEASE!!!!!
KA_2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
KA_2 wrote:
The answer isn't necessarily just "trade LO". The answer is trade whoever the Lakers can if it means getting them closer to a championship for years to come. Bottom line. That means if you can trade Kobe for LeBron and Kirk Hinrich or something, you do it without hesitation. If you can trade LO for Rashard Lewis or Ron Artest, you do it without hesitation.

not LO for Crazy Ron. stop sayin that. Ron is still volatile. i know it and so do you. even though i love his intensity. and ron aint no set shooter. therefore his 3pt shot will look Terrible sitting up in the triangle. kobe drives and kicks to ron..... Brick. Brick. Swish, Brick, Swish, Brick, Brick, Brick.... are we willing to give Ron artest the ball in the post regularlly? if so. why not give LO the ball in the post Regularly right now? Ron artest is nice on defense. but so what. its not like they run pick n rolls with Smush and a SF. its Smush/vujaci, and a big. which kills everything. so ron super de wouldn't be able to play such a huge role as it does in other places. at least not until the lakers as a whole get on the same page defensively. but they can do that now and look great.

I want a 2nd scoring threat/with defense and a 3pointer(40%). and he needs to be known for making good decisions with the basketball. if you know where i can get this guy, let me know. and at the same time. I still want LO around to compliment kobe and this 2nd scoring guy. I dont want to give away our #3 guy to get a #2. and we still need a #3. and for those who says LO makes #1 money. thats not true. and you cant compare that because he got his cash before the new agreement. so what guys are making now as #1's was not the same as what they were making pre-agreement. on a side note. LO does do other things besides score, he rebounds with the best of em, can block a shot, give you assist(assuming you surround him with guys that'll make shots.

lets be real, if lamar had lets say Kirk heiny, and the kobester to pass it to. dont you think he would average 7 to 8 assist in his sleep? I do. it aint all LO's fault. and lets stop acting like it.

Artest is a better 3-point shooter than Odom and more consistent jump shooter in general. Your "brick brick swish brick" bit is not only ridiculous, but more applicable to Odom than Artest anyway. Beggers can't be choosers, and looking for a 40% 3-point shooter in addition to everything else Artest would bring is asking for the entire kitchen sink. Bottom line is that Artest has considerably more impact on the game than Odom, most notably defensively where it isn't even close between the two players. Artest's contract is also smaller. If you predicting Artest going crazy is the best you can come up with for not trading for him, my point has already been made.
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject:

All of the TRADE LAMAR lobbyist are kind of silly, imo.

If the Lakers can pull off a trade that will ACTUALLY benefit the team MORE than Odom does, THEY WILL DO IT.

The trick is to get a player that will impact the team to the extent that they will counter the loss of rebounding and passing that Odom brings to the team.

There are very few, count them KG and LJ, that can boast similar rebounding and assist stats that Odom has in the league. Certainly I'm not suggesting Odom is even near the level of these players in all around talent. But the fact remains that just ast these two other players do, Odom is one of the few players that can show a combination of similar stats in these two categories.

So if we are to lose these aspects of Odom's game then we must make sure that we do not hurt the team as a result.

So sure we can trade Odom to please all of the trade Odom Lobbyists, but I hope that they at least recognize the need to get equal talent that will help the team to win more games as a result. There is obviously no point in trading Odom just for the sake of getting rid of him.

Does anyone believe that we would not trade if a player was not available that would help more than Odom.

I personally don't feel that Artest was the answer as so many suggest. We would be losing a lot of rebounding and risking the team to implode as result of Artest's instability. It is not usually advisable to trade bigs who average close to double digit rebounds for a guards. But in the case of Artest he could be the exception since he can play both ends but only if he was a model player and had NO head issues.

Bottom line if Artest were not a gamble based on his past history the all around talent that Artest has could probably overcome the rebounding loss in the over scheme of things..

But that is not the case, since Artest is a head case (speaking of case).

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:33 am    Post subject:

It depends on what is available.
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:16 am    Post subject:

Showtime_Returns wrote:
Why not trade him now for a real 2nd option and use that extra money to pick up 2 impact players. Holding out for a 2nd option is not realistic unless we plan on overpaying.

angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:45 am    Post subject:

I'm not opposed to trading Lamar if the Lakers get value.
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:53 am    Post subject:

We need to get rid of his salary !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: