TNT Said Chicago using Ben Gordon as Trade Bait
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject:

How do you know what other GM's think about our value on this roster?
mike_kb
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Wow, this messageboard scares me sometimes. To anyone who would even consider Chicago would accept any of our trash for Gordon is out of their minds.
Bradyda-LeSueur
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Trade bait eh??? Deng and Gordon for Odom anyone??? Could add DG and ask for a pick....or just add DG...whatever works....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject:

I think we can get Gordon if we give up Bynum, but the Lakers won't do it.

but if the Lakers can get Gordon without giving up Bynum then they should do it we aren't getting a better player then Gordon at this point.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject:

I should have put this here I guess.......

fansincemagic
Starting Rotation

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:31 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't want to start my own "lets do this trade" thread, cause there's so many of them. I'll tag on this one, and add on to the Mihm to Chicago suggestion.

If indeed Chicago is hard up for a post player, Mihm is likely LA's best. Some would cringe at dealing Mihm at this point without getting a center in return, but bare with me. Ben Gordon's game last night raises his stock a tad, but I'd be for a Mihm for Gordon deal. You'd likely have to add on the deal, and you'd still need to think of a way to replace Mihm with either a PF/C. If the Bulls are more likely to give up Sweetney, I'd take him and Gordon for Mihm and a player. George's expiring deal would make sense for Chicago, being able to play Deng more at SG, but the numbers don't work.

The best I could think of is this:

Chicago gets:Mihm, George, Sasha and a future 1st
LA gets: Gordon, Piatkowski, and Sweetney

If indeed Brown's contract kills a cap clearing movement later, you have to jump on the chance to get a guy like Gordon. You'd start him at the PG spot, and slide him over to SG at times with Kobe sliding over to the 3 spot, and Odom to the 4 for a quicker lineup. To me, being able to use Kobe at different spots makes him even more dangerous. Sweeney can't hang as a center, and I still don't like him against some of the stronger west PFs, but he does have a post game. You'd platoon Sweeney with Cook and Odom at times at PF. Brown starts for now, and Bynum would have to take a slight jump in minutes.

The key thing of picking up Gordon is picking up another big man. If you can sweeten a Mihm/Gordon deal, you'd look to deal George and maybe a PG somewhere else for a big man. That is a lot of activity, and I don't see the Lakers doing much, but if Gordon is available for a guy like Mihm you've got to look at it. With no plan for adding a big name FA (if there was one), a future of Gordon/Kobe/Odom/Brown(if he ever comes around)/Bynum looks pretty good.
vicman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
I think we can get Gordon if we give up Bynum, but the Lakers won't do it.

but if the Lakers can get Gordon without giving up Bynum then they should do it we aren't getting a better player then Gordon at this point.

i think mihm and a pick might get us gordon but i think it might be easier to duhon and deng for mhim and a pick
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject:

Gordon would be a welcome addition to this team IMO. We need a scorer, especially someone who can score in the 4th quarter. Aside from Kobe, this team can vanish in the 4th scoring-wise. Having these two in the backcourt would KILL teams in the 4th quarter.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject:

I honestly think we could get Gordon for Mihm (and maybe a Miami pick). Mihm would be hard to part with, but his scoring could be more than made up for with Gordon, his rebounding/post presence by Turiaf and Bynum. I think the Bulls would go for it. Mihm would make a good front court partner for Tyson.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
I honestly think we could get Gordon for Mihm (and maybe a Miami pick). Mihm would be hard to part with, but his scoring could be more than made up for with Gordon, his rebounding/post presence by Turiaf and Bynum. I think the Bulls would go for it. Mihm would make a good front court partner for Tyson.

Unfortunately, I think you're right in that Chicago is looking for big men and we have a good one in Mihm. That may be too steep a price for us to pay though. I think it's easier to find servicable guards than servicable big men. Looking at the other big men around the league, I wouldn't mind having Mihm on the team for another few years unless we included him in a trade for a star or a fast up and comer.
Alpha

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Socks wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
You know what? ...

You know what though, you bring up a great point here.

Sorry, I just find it amusing that Socks and Shoes are talking
vicman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject:

Socks wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Unfortunately, I think you're right in that Chicago is looking for big men and we have a good one in Mihm. That may be too steep a price for us to pay though. I think it's easier to find servicable guards than servicable big men. Looking at the other big men around the league, I wouldn't mind having Mihm on the team for another few years unless we included him in a trade for a star or a fast up and comer.

Wel thje opne issue is mihm does not fit in our plans but gordon would. i really doubt mihm is here long term while gordon could easily be here long term. we need a guy that can score on this team and he can do just that
mike_kb
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject:

You guys seriously overvalue our own players.
Chicago can easily package their young studs and high draft picks they have to make a run at KG or JO.
Showtime_Returns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Gordon>>>>>>>>Mihm
vicman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject:

oh yeah i think so too but a big is harder to come by so maybe it evens up a little probably take a pcik as well.
Showtime_Returns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject:

vicman wrote:
oh yeah i think so too but a big is harder to come by so maybe it evens up a little probably take a pcik as well.

Mihm is a back up center. We're trading a average center and career backup for a 6thman and a future 20pt scorer. Throw Songaila into the deal and we even out depth at Centre.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:40 am    Post subject:

Mihm is an above average starting center, who is improving.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:47 am    Post subject:

Showtime_Returns wrote:
Gordon>>>>>>>>Mihm

I don't think it's fair to compare them. They play different positions and have different impacts on the game. Personally, I would rather hold onto Mihm. Unless you get a big in return it isn't worth it. Going small for a big is never a good idea.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: