T-Mac going trough an emotional crisis, wants to "disappear"

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:43 am    Post subject: T-Mac going trough an emotional crisis, wants to "disappear"

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/39193/20060217/mcgrady_affected_by_undisclosed_personal_crisis/

Now that's weird.
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:58 am    Post subject:

Yeah and so wierd on the timing...

ALLSTAR WEEKEND? When it's liable to get the most press?

What gives?
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:07 am    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:

What gives?

T-Mac isn't a trivial guy. He's seemed out of sorts for a few weeks now. He's had major setbacks in his personal life over the past 5 years and now his baby daughters health is an issue. Amazing it took this long for the man to be pushed over the edge. I feel for him. I think his idea of disappearing for a bit is a good one. Hopefully not Ricky Williams disappearing, but if that's what it takes - then whatever get's his head healthy. Dude's got a full plate.....
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:16 am    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:

What gives?

T-Mac isn't a trivial guy. He's seemed out of sorts for a few weeks now. He's had major setbacks in his personal life over the past 5 years and now his baby daughters health is an issue. Amazing it took this long for the man to be pushed over the edge. I feel for him. I think his idea of disappearing for a bit is a good one. Hopefully not Ricky Williams disappearing, but if that's what it takes - then whatever get's his head healthy. Dude's got a full plate.....

Think we could make a bid for him? I think he'd fit perfectly into the role that LO was SUPPOSED to fill...
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:19 am    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:

What gives?

Think we could make a bid for him? I think he'd fit perfectly into the role that LO was SUPPOSED to fill...

I don't think it's so outraeous to think so. He seems more realistic than many. He's been a tradable asset to his entire career and the back, and now head issues, only adds to the possibility. But it's just wishful thinking on my part at this point. A viable trade is possible though...
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Hydro21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:20 am    Post subject:

maybe thats the reason he hasnt played with no heart in years.
thegreatest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:22 am    Post subject:

thats crazy, i hope he ok. i wonder how long he is going to be out for.
George W Buss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:23 am    Post subject:

Pity him ...
I saw his face during the Rockets-Suns game and he looked awful.
I hope he can overcome his problems soon.
May God give him peace ...
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:46 am    Post subject:

I hope he can get over it soon cuz I have him on my fantasy team

J/k just not for that, he deserves better than he's had over the past few years.
mrdectown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject:

He needs to talk to dave chappelle
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
KingKobe8thWonder
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:32 am    Post subject:

β€œAt times, I don't even want to be in the arena or a uniform. ”
β€” Tracy McGrady

This is awful and i feel bad for T-Mac! That being said, I could never see Kobe saying anything like that or wanting to be anywhere but a basketball court during trivial times. And the whole world was there every step of the way for Kobe's crisis and we saw the results on the B-ball floor, its amazing when you think back on it!
GasolBynumKobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject:

The one that i can think of is that he found out his daughter wasnt his.
LALfan4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject:

Whatever it is he is going through seems really major and I wish him the best.
Tony Montana
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject:

KwameKobeOdom3 wrote:
The one that i can think of is that he found out his daughter wasnt his.

That is harsh beyond words. It would be pretty messed up. I keep hearing medical with the daughter, though. I guess the daughter not being his would actually be better. Healthy kid, regardless of who her father is is more important.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject:

Maybe Kobe can reach him. Situations might be totally different, but Kobe has been through a lot these last couple years. Both came out of HS, both NBA Superstars, etc. If anyone could get through to him, Kobe could.

To see T-Mac breakdown so to speak like that while going through his situation, and Kobe seemingly doing just the opposite when he was going through his, is what separates Kobe from a lot of his peers. (And this is no knock on T-Mac b/c I feel for him -- whatever it is...)
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject:

Yeah I think T-mac is going through something real, I hope the best, and I ain't just sayin that in hopes that he'd be a Laker.....but... ....since we are on the subject. He may be the only guy in the league that is better or as good as Kobe at making something out of nothing. He would have to swallow his pride to be a Pippen type guy, but oh the humanity!

I agree that it doesn't seem as crazy as most ideas going around, but if losing/personal reasons have him even questioning being in Houston (total speculation) then Mitch needs to be very agressive. Anything outside of Kobe and Bynum is yours Houston, take that for what it is worth. If they are indeed serious about Francis (still haven't figured that one out), they should work out a 3 way deal. If Orlando takes Odom and Francis goes to Houston, the Lakers would have to throw in Mihm (to play PF) and some picks to make it somewhat presentable.

Honestly, this isn't even a situation (yet), but Mitch needs make a serious bid for McGrady instead of waiting to see how it plays out. I still don't see Houston catching LA, but that is only this year.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject:

It's hard for most players to separate on-court from off-court problems. Kobe is a rare exception. Sometimes when things were worst, Kobe could shutout the world for the world of basketball.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: