is trading really our best choice?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kuyakarlo
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: is trading really our best choice?

hearing about all these trades r kinda freakin me out. da lakers have been trying to work da triangle and obviously theyre struggling with it. kobe said in his interview with stephen a smith that the triangle is coming along and its tough concept to learn, n of course we all kno that. its prolly not realistic dat da triangle would be executed like the bulls and the lakers, but can they work it to the point dat they're effective against the spurs, the pistons, the suns, etc. would trading for new players in the middle of the season be the best choice for the team? the triangle would be prolly obliterated if we do, especially if we trade lamar, who's a very important piece to the triangle, despite his struggling and underachieving. so imo, i think making a trade should be the last thing on the lakers' mind

first big post kinda excited bout gettin a response
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject:

Yes. We/Media/Everyone has come to the conclusion that the 4 starters surrounding Kobe are trash. DCollins even said it is one of the worst supporting casts a superstar has ever had. We need to trade LO today. Supposedly he has the most value( we shall see). We realistically need 3 solid players with one being an allstar. Kobe will always say the right thing b/c of ego and he recent troubles. You will notice he has been overly cautious as to what he says. Not wanting to get involved with PJ hiring etc.

We will waste his talent w/out trade. we will waste a possible play off run this year w/out a trade
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject:

The triangle is what Phil Jackson runs. He's earned 9 rings as the coach of teams running the triangle. Why have the coach if you don't believe in his system?
thumpinghead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject:

The triangle is a triple post offense that is great for players who post and players who spot up and shoot. The trinagle works but you have to have the right players for it to work.

The championship teams of the Lakers and Bulls had the right players.

Kobe and Phil both know this current team could be a championship team with a couple new players so...

We should trade for those kinda players.

We got rebounders like Rodman and H Grant in Kwame, Lamar, Ronny and Mihm.

We got post players like Kobe and Mihm. We should use Lamar more their.

We are missing spot up shooters who can initiate in offense and defend multiple positions like Harper, Pippen, Kerr, Paxson and BJ Armstrong. As of now we have NBDL players like Sasha, Luke and Smush playing those roles. We need to upgrade. Imagine if we had like Ray Allen? Or Lebron James? Or Steve Nash? or Mcgrady? or We need gaurd help.....
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject:

I think first and foremost we need better players who'll fit the triangle. Theirs no point in teaching the triangle to a bunch of guys who skill set isnt suited for it. Odom is an open court, fast break, post player. Were putting him out in the perimeter too much. I think if we can get a better player suited for our system, we should. Kwame has no mid range game whatsoever. We need a power forward who can hit a mid range shot when hes open....

That Boozer and Lewis trade someone rumoured or suggested is pretty ideal.
THE GOODS
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject:

KobeButler wrote:
I think first and foremost we need better players who'll fit the triangle. Theirs no point in teaching the triangle to a bunch of guys who skill set isnt suited for it. Odom is an open court, fast break, post player. Were putting him out in the perimeter too much. I think if we can get a better player suited for our system, we should. Kwame has no mid range game whatsoever. We need a power forward who can hit a mid range shot when hes open....

I couldn't agree with you more on having players brought here who are better suited for the triangle...although LO is a talent I don't think his potential to become an all-star will be while he's with the Lakers...I think he's better off with a different team because the triangle doesn't work in the ways LOs game works...it'd be pretty disappointing seeing him leave but he's forcing a lot of treys up when he should be driving it in more...still if they were going to trade him I would have wanted to have had gotten Artest...headcase or not he's helping the Kings turn their season around...Rashard would be a good pickup as well because he doesn't need the ball as much as LO does to initiate offense and because he possesses a jumpshot which our team desperately needs...if those two trades are going to happen (which i believe is highly unlikely) i think it'd be an upgrade to our roster but it would really put our season up in the air by adding two new players with no triangle experience...
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject:

YOU = IN DENIAL!
Vlade
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject:

da lakRz need 2 make da tradZ
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject:

The triangle is what Phil Jackson runs. He's earned 9 rings as the coach of teams running the triangle. Why have the coach if you don't believe in his system?
baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject:

THE GOODS wrote:
KobeButler wrote:

I couldn't agree with you more on having players brought here who are better suited for the triangle...although LO is a talent I don't think his potential to become an all-star will be while he's with the Lakers...I think he's better off with a different team because the triangle doesn't work in the ways LOs game works...it'd be pretty disappointing seeing him leave but he's forcing a lot of treys up when he should be driving it in more...still if they were going to trade him I would have wanted to have had gotten Artest...headcase or not he's helping the Kings turn their season around...Rashard would be a good pickup as well because he doesn't need the ball as much as LO does to initiate offense and because he possesses a jumpshot which our team desperately needs...if those two trades are going to happen (which i believe is highly unlikely) i think it'd be an upgrade to our roster but it would really put our season up in the air by adding two new players with no triangle experience...

Look I understand that people want Lamar to be a dominate force in scoring, but thats just not his role. Kobe and Lamar are not the problem its the other players around them. People are always saying that kobe should have more assists if the other players were making them, well Lamar is the best passer on the team, and he sets up alot of open looks for players and they miss. If we had another player that could score, everyone would stop talking about lamar. He allows kobe to play his natural position of scorer. Getting different talent is not going to help us, we need to add talent, because we don't have very much right now. Rashard lewis is good and I'd love to have him, if Lo and kobe were both here. But he's not going to be able to intiate so whose going to do it. We've seen how well the intiating goes when Lamar was injured.
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject:

Vlade wrote:

iM wItH vLaDe
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject:

Cook is a very good shooter. Sasha has the potential of being a very good shooter. Mitch was also looking to add Kapono, but I guess there was some disagreement with Jim Buss.
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject:

lakeshow03 wrote:
Vlade wrote:

iM wItH vLaDe

u kno dat!
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:13 am    Post subject:

It would also depend on who is obtained in trades. Tyronn Lue has triangle experience. There are a few other players, who also have triangle experience. There would not be so much of a learning curve.
Sidious
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:24 am    Post subject:

Bottom line is there's nobody to trade for. And frankly we have nobody to trade that we're willing to give up. So good luck with those trades.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:54 am    Post subject:

There have been some newspaper articles indicating trade rumors for several players. The Lakers seem to be trying to make something happen. Hopefully, something will get done.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: is trading really our best choice?

kuyakarlo wrote:
hearing about all these trades r kinda freakin me out. da lakers have been trying to work da triangle and obviously theyre struggling with it. kobe said in his interview with stephen a smith that the triangle is coming along and its tough concept to learn, n of course we all kno that. its prolly not realistic dat da triangle would be executed like the bulls and the lakers, but can they work it to the point dat they're effective against the spurs, the pistons, the suns, etc. would trading for new players in the middle of the season be the best choice for the team? the triangle would be prolly obliterated if we do, especially if we trade lamar, who's a very important piece to the triangle, despite his struggling and underachieving. so imo, i think making a trade should be the last thing on the lakers' mind

first big post kinda excited bout gettin a response

Your absolutely right, your thoughts reflect wisdom my friend. The tri is just not all that "user friendly" in its early stages for the practioner and some even say it takes a couple of seasons. However, when the practioners are fully versed in the system it proves to be the most devestating offensive scheme that the game has ever known. 9 tittles and, counting! For that reason this in itself means repetition and, tenacity is required for a team to finally become one "pulverizing machine." Don't let anybody tell you that the Lakers don't have talent. On any other team some of these guys would be awesome. It takes time and, familiarity. The componets are all there size, length, athleticism, speed and, skills. This young team is going to make a lot of naysayers look foolish maybe even by this years playoffs. Don't be swayed by the haters. They'll never stop that habit. The trades will continue and, no matter who is out there will be fine for them. Rise above that madness and, Support the team. Soon we will party!

vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject:

thumpinghead wrote:
The triangle is a triple post offense that is great for players who post and players who spot up and shoot. The trinagle works but you have to have the right players for it to work.

The championship teams of the Lakers and Bulls had the right players.

Kobe and Phil both know this current team could be a championship team with a couple new players so...

We should trade for those kinda players.

We got rebounders like Rodman and H Grant in Kwame, Lamar, Ronny and Mihm.

We got post players like Kobe and Mihm. We should use Lamar more their.

We are missing spot up shooters who can initiate in offense and defend multiple positions like Harper, Pippen, Kerr, Paxson and BJ Armstrong. As of now we have NBDL players like Sasha, Luke and Smush playing those roles. We need to upgrade. Imagine if we had like Ray Allen? Or Lebron James? Or Steve Nash? or Mcgrady? or We need gaurd help.....

While I'm not sure Kwame should be mentioned in the same breath as Rodman and Ho Grant, I see where your going with this and I agree that we need a PG in a major way. A PG who can shoot outside and penetrate the middle as well. A PG who can lead the offense and play with passion. That PG is Mike Bibby and if it takes Lamar Odom + Luke Walton + Devoen George to get him...then we do it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: