No longer "Gump"

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakermax
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: No longer "Gump"

Just thought I'd give props to D. George. The man I thought had no chance of living up to his contract. As of late his been on fire. We need this guy to continue his good play off of the bench to provide that spark.

Here's his line last night.

28 min 13 pts (on 6-8 shooting) 6 rebounds 1 blk 2 stl 2 asst 2 to's.

I don't want to jinx the guy but he's been improving his game and finding some rythum on the court. He is finally playing to his potential. WAY TO GO GUMP!!!! I MEAN UM....MR. GEORGE.

Shoot, if we get consistent production off the Laker bench from George (and hopefully Mckie) we may be able to shock the world with a first round upset. I'm not all that scared of the Mavs are you?
Bystander
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject:

It's called contract year.
EdfromSimiValley
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject:

Just like the last time his contract was nearing an end, his game starts to skyrocket. Coincidence? With around 30 games left, I expect him to play like his 'potential' has finally reached its peak and of course we'll sign him to an extension again
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Ozendorph
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject:

Seriously, I'd give George a series of one-year contracts (with a team option for a second year) for the remainder of his career. As soon as he sees guaranteed money beyond the current season, he slips into a walking coma.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject:

I agree on the 1 year contract offer thing.

George is worth 5-6 million per year on 1 year deals with TO seconds.

Not that he would go for that - but that's a way to maxamize him.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

I second that. The guy is worth 3-4 million and he better recognize the fact that he wouldn't have as many opportunities unless he was playing in the triangle. I highly doubt he would be as successful in any other offensive scheme. But give him credit, he has been hustling.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject:

Sage_10 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

I second that. The guy is worth 3-4 million and he better recognize the fact that he wouldn't have as many opportunities unless he was playing in the triangle. I highly doubt he would be as successful in any other offensive scheme. But give him credit, he has been hustling.

Actually I think DG would be best in a run and gun offense like Phx's or the Nets.

The Hornets, Suns and Nets are teams that would use George best.

Remember early in 2003-2004 season when the Lakers were running with Payton? George was averaging 13 points on 50%+ shooting. He was playing like a starter ....
vvbandit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject:

Let him walk after this season, and there is no way he signs a one year deal. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. I pray to God the Lakers don't get fooled again with this guy. Its sad that he hasnt been able to earn more minutes or have a larger impact on this team. He has five or so years in the tri, and it rarely shows out on the court. He has been playing better as of late but with regards to signing him again the answer should be NO.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: