NO!!! Lakers intrested in Francis
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:03 am    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:
Quote:

Francis is a 3 time AllStar...explain how LO and Steve Francis could come in the league at the SAME TIME and Steve garneer SO MANY ACCOLADES that a "better" player in LO hasn't???

Just as you rightly stated I was comparing different positions, I can say the same thing here.

Francis as a guard is up against different players in the all-star derby than Odom is at the forward position.

As far as accolades Brown has been quoted as say that AK and LO are the two most underrated forwards in the game today.

Admitedly Francis came out of the gates like gang-busters. He had a great rookie season and following couple of years, since then he has never quite played up to those first 3 or 4 seasons in his career.

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

LA_Lakers_Rule wrote:
^ He isn't going to get the blocks on the perimeter...

He's not getting them in the post...

This year - .88 bpg

Year in MIA (in the post) - .89 bpg...

Where's the big difference?

First of all the Miami year was in a different conference. Secondly if you look at Odom's first couple of years (when he was healthy) he did a lot better at bpg.

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject:

And 1 wrote:
Quote:

However, I suspect these posters are acutally closet OJ's. With the exception of Garnett, I suspect that any trade proposal involving Odom and say...K-Mart, Lewis, Pierce, etc., would be met with the same unfounded perceptions designed to make their favorite player look like an All-Star.

Not true I have already posted that I'd like Lewis but with atleast one or more a high draft picks included or another compliment player. I'd say the same for K-Mart but admitedly not as much enthusiasm, as far as Pierce I'm not real excited about his defense and the fact it would be a big for a small, since we need front court help the most.

But I would also like to submit these interesting CAREER stats (at the start of this season) regarding these players:
Odom: PPG: 16.0 RPG: 8.3 APG: 4.3 AGE: 26
Lewis: PPG 15.3 RPG: 5.9 APG: 1.5 AGE: 26
Martin: PPG 15.2 RPG: 7.5 APG: 2.4 AGE: 29
Pierce: PPG 23.0 RPG: 6.5 APG: 3.7 AGE: 29

As you can see in career stats Odom outscores 2 of the 3 in ppg but more importantly out rebounds all 3 and out assists all 3 not to mention Odom is younger (3 months younger than Lewis) than all 3, as well.

This is why I would want at the very minimum a high draft pick or more included as well. And it is also a good indicator as to why Odom is actually worth more than these players you have mentioned, which in turn is a valid reason why so called "Odom supporters" tend to be reluctant to trade Odom for these players mentioned and would prefer a package including KG instead as you pointed out.

I contend that it isn't out of the realm of reason to consider KG in a trade package for Odom considering KG's age as compareed to Odom (Odom being 4 years younger). KG of course has dazzling stats that are definitely better than Odom, but the fact is neither players has been able to win a championship and KG is approaching his declining years as opposed to Odom now reaching his prime years.

Regardless, as you can see when comparing Odom to the three players you mentioned in you post Odom actually has decidedly better numbers. One can complain all one wants as to Odom's tendency to defer, but the fact is this actually helps Kobe's stats and those who lobby for a trade of Odom for these players you've mentioned might just find that they would end up not improving the Laker record afterall any more than what Odom has done for us.

Last edited by LA_Lakers_Rule on Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject:

Sage_10 wrote:
Quote:

This teams problem is defense. Unless Steve has become a defensive stopper I don't see the need to bring him in.

Agree...

drzucchini
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject:

LA_Lakers_Rule wrote:
KG of course has dazzling stats that are definitely better than Odom, but the fact is neither players has been able to win a championship and KG is approaching his declining years as opposed to Odom now reaching his prime years.

Odom hasn't really shown steady improvement throughout his career, so I don't see how his "prime"--if he hasn't reached it already--would be any better than he is right now. While it's true that KG will eventually decline, his twilight years will be better than anything that Odom will ever have to offer.
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject:

chazz wrote:
Quote:

Smush is a turnover machine with and Sasha just plain cannot play basketball....

Smush ranks 5th in the entire NBA in TO for all guards playing over 30 minutes.

chazz wrote:
Quote:

Look at Jerry West, he goes to Memphis and created an exciting team where Mitch has imploded this team so bad that Kobe HAS to shoot the ball for this team to win.....

So what would you have done considering Shaq and Kobe would not play together resulting in a Shaq trade demand.

Would you have kept Shaq for Kobe ?

I think not, hence the Shaq trade demand is what put us into a rebuilding mode.

Beyond that Shaq's age and decline was putting the Lakers on the verge of rebuilding regardless of any trade demand anyway.

Fact is:
1) Buss did not want to pay Shaq's salary demands which was totally understandable.

2) Buss wanted to trade Shaq while he was still worth something which he stated in the press many times.

3) We had to decide between Shaq or Kobe, Buss made the right move as we all know.

So considering all of this, where do you come up with this "Mitch has emploded the team". It appears that it was a combination of Buss wanting to make a change, Kobe and Shaq not wanting to stay together and Shaq's trade demand more than anything Mitch did.

Of course this has been addressed many many times since the Shaq trade.

LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject:

drzucchini wrote:
Quote:

Odom hasn't really shown steady improvement throughout his career, so I don't see how his "prime"--if he hasn't reached it already--would be any better than he is right now. While it's true that KG will eventually decline, his twilight years will be better than anything that Odom will ever have to offer.

Maybe... But I'd like to revisit your post in a couple of years when KG is 32 and Odom is 28 and compare their stats. You just might be surprised to find that their stats just might be very close going into that third year and that Odom will of course then pass KG in the ensuing years. But that's just my opinion.

I'll talk to you then and we'll see who's right.

chazz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject:

la-lakers-rule...The reason I say implode is that I have been through the Lakers rebuilding after the Magic man era and they were still exciting to watch even though they went to #8 seed in the playoffs because they hustled...This team does not hustle other than Kobe....I like Bynum (btw that was not Kupsuck choice) Shaq asked for a trade and we should have gotten a #2 proven scorer not someone up and down like Odom...Mitch could have made a way better trade trading the most dominating big man ever and came up with average Joes at best.....Two of the players on the Lakers should not even be in the Nba-walton-Sasha....So if I see no hustle yeah I will and more than likely others would say he imploded thats s why most people to not want Mitch as a GM (If you did a poll on this 65-70% would not want him as GM
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:03 am    Post subject:

^ If you recall Shaq was vetoeing just about every team except for Miami and Dallas. We didn't want Shaq in the West so Miami was it. Buss wanted the trade done and if Shaq is putting a monkey wrench into the trade scenario this has nothing to do with Mitch. At the time Shaq was traded Odom and Caron were very highly regarded 24 and 23 year old players. It is common knowledge that coaching problems and an onslaught of injuries impacted last season.

As far as the post Magic era team being more exciting that is debatable. We kept Kobe, a priority of Buss and Mitch and we are very likely making the playoffs and will have a winning record. If you recall we had TWO losing seasons after Magic and missed the playoffs once. In the Shaq post era we will have ONE losing season and miss the playoffs once. I don't see how that can be said to be worse than the post Magic era.

As far as polls they have little validity, imo. But go ahead and take a poll if you like, most likely on this forum you'd be right.

chazz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject:

You make it sound like this forum is so beneath you...After the Post Magic era we did not have a true mega star like Kobe just fading veterans and young players...Kobe is the Best player in the game so rebuilding is different with this team...Kobe wants to win just like fans who have Kobe on this team does.....You must be a distant cousin of Mitch because even the media does not think he will last......
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Far from the forum being beneath me at all.

My issue is how members will be so fickle. Last year it was never ending bashing of George and Sasha to the point that it was demeaning to the players. Now that George and Sasha to some extent are playing better this year they are now off their backs.

You have just joined LG this month and unless you have been checking LG out before that you wouldn't be prevy to how so many members will change their views depending upon how a player happens to be playing at the time.

Other than that I have the utmost respect for a lot of members and consider LG the greatest Laker forum on the web.

As far as Mitch is concerned I'm willing to give him time to develope his plan before I pass judgement. West took several years to rebuild the Lakers in the past as do any other GM's in the league when stars that were critical to the team get older. Again, Buss is not an absentee owner and as such I'm sure he has something to say about what goes on. I'm willing to stay with Buss based on past performance and I'm willing to give Mitch a reasonable amount of time to prove himself as a replacement for West. West has said himself on more than one occassion that Mitch is the "best there is", whether that is just hyperbole or not is anyones choice to make, I perfer to take West on his word.

boss_hog
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject:

Sweet. Francis reportedly was traded or will be traded to the Knicks in exchange for Penny and Ariza per MSN.com. Yea!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22
Page 22 of 22
Jump to: