Jamal Crawford speculation - Hoopsworld

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:15 am    Post subject: Jamal Crawford speculation - Hoopsworld

I was just reading an article at Hoopsworld by Steve Kyler, where he discusses all NBA teams and their possible moves before the trade deadline, and he had this blurb to say about the Lakers:

Quote:
Los Angeles Lakers: The Lakers are actively looking. Jamal Magloire and Al Harrington have both been mentioned recently, but unless the Lakers want to come off Andrew Bynum - a deal is a stretch at best. Mitch Kupchak has been working the phones, and don’t be surprised if the Knicks and Lakers make a connection before 3pm to send Jamal Crawford west.

Where did Jamal Crawford's name come from? I have been trying to keep up with all the news here at LG and at CL, but this is the first I have heard about Crawford. Did I miss something? Anyone know if this has any remote chance of fruition?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Tony Montana
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:18 am    Post subject:

Spaggetti going against the wall right now; every writer wants to nail a trade and look like an insider...
You take a name that has been mentioned elsewhere as available (Ventre suggested Crawford was expendible last night), then look at teams that have need at that position, and boom, you have a trade rumor...
datniggbstyle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:19 am    Post subject:

I would not be mad about obtaining Jamal Crawford. Big Combo Guard, perfect for the one in the Triangle. Defense is suspect. But the open jumpers would come as a luxury and could easily average 20pts.

Obtaining him and Boozer without giving up Lamar would be OPTIMAL.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:22 am    Post subject:

Second question, is his contract something the Lakers would be interested in? Didn't he sign a big deal when he left Chicago to go to go to NY?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
dino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:22 am    Post subject:

i agree...not sure if crawford played the triangle while in chicago...if he did, gets the lakers an initiator who can just step in and play right away...
vicman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:23 am    Post subject:

yes exactly i think those 2 coming here would be a great deadline move.
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:24 am    Post subject:

Id be mad. His contract is too long. Unless we get a first rounder or a young rookie with him, I hope Mitch doesnt do it.

If we want to go overboard with contracts, stick to Boozer. He'll have a bigger impact on the team.
KB08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:29 am    Post subject:

KobeButler wrote:
Id be mad. His contract is too long. Unless we get a first rounder or a young rookie with him, I hope Mitch doesnt do it.

If we want to go overboard with contracts, stick to Boozer. He'll have a bigger impact on the team.

But if we get Boozer, then we can trade for Crawford, too, because the 07 plan will be screwed no matter what. but I dont know what NY wants from us.

The best trade would still be Robinson, Frye & Crawford for Odom....Damn, if Isiah would do that and we would make the Boozer trade, our team would be

Robinson/Smush/Mckie
Crawford/Sasha/Von Wafer
Bryant/Crawford/Luke
Boozer/Frye/Brown
Brown/Bynum/Frye

That's a hell of a team
iml84myd8s
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:35 am    Post subject:

Tony Montana wrote:
Spaggetti going against the wall right now; every writer wants to nail a trade and look like an insider...
You take a name that has been mentioned elsewhere as available (Ventre suggested Crawford was expendible last night), then look at teams that have need at that position, and boom, you have a trade rumor...

GREAT ANALOGY!
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:35 am    Post subject:

KB08 wrote:
KobeButler wrote:

But if we get Boozer, then we can trade for Crawford, too, because the 07 plan will be screwed no matter what. but I dont know what NY wants from us.

The best trade would still be Robinson, Frye & Crawford for Odom....Damn, if Isiah would do that and we would make the Boozer trade, our team would be

Robinson/Smush/Mckie
Crawford/Sasha/Von Wafer
Bryant/Crawford/Luke
Boozer/Frye/Brown
Brown/Bynum/Frye

That's a hell of a team

Isiah would hesitate to give up just Frye for Odom.

There's no way he gives all three of those guys to us, even as cuckoo as
that guy is when it comes to GMing.
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:37 am    Post subject:

Tony Montana wrote:

Agreed.

Harrington, Mags and Crawford?

Those are three guys out of left-field.

This guy's just throwing blindfolded darts.
mike_dee23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject:

Crawford would make sense though. The Lakers need another scoring guard and with the arrival of Francis in NY, Crawford becomes expendable.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject:

Id take Crawford, but only for Slava, Walton and a pick.
Raka600
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject:

Though the GM of the knicks is not the brightest tool in the shed, there is no way he gives us both of the knicks rookies!!
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:33 am    Post subject:

Crawford would be a good fit for the starting guard spot.

1- Combo guard
2- Has Tri experience
3- Better than Smush
4- Veteran guard

Though it may take sending Smush to NY to get him.
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:37 am    Post subject:

I'm not saying it would surpise me if we made a play for Crawford.

I'm with Wolf that he'd be a solid fit.

I'm just supicious of the mention of two other players in the same article
that all seem to come out of left-field like that.

Kind of makes me wonder how legit the article is.
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject:

sodapoppenski wrote:
Tony Montana wrote:

Agreed.

Harrington, Mags and Crawford?

Those are three guys out of left-field.

This guy's just throwing blindfolded darts.

This Steve Brisket Tyler is the worst insider in sports history. I don't remember this guy ever getting one trade right in his life, not even one. Plus he's a re-nowned Laker Hater; I'm talking big-time. If he had a chance to bomb the Laker private jet, he would.
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: Jamal Crawford speculation - Hoopsworld

encina1 wrote:
I was just reading an article at Hoopsworld by Steve Kyler, where he discusses all NBA teams and their possible moves before the trade deadline, and he had this blurb to say about the Lakers:

Quote:
Los Angeles Lakers: The Lakers are actively looking. Jamal Magloire and Al Harrington have both been mentioned recently, but unless the Lakers want to come off Andrew Bynum - a deal is a stretch at best. Mitch Kupchak has been working the phones, and don’t be surprised if the Knicks and Lakers make a connection before 3pm to send Jamal Crawford west.

Where did Jamal Crawford's name come from? I have been trying to keep up with all the news here at LG and at CL, but this is the first I have heard about Crawford. Did I miss something? Anyone know if this has any remote chance of fruition?

Actually, it's not "spaghetti against the wall" at all. It's a legit rumor. An offer has been made - tentatively. It's not the Lakers first preference, so while it's out there, it'll only likely come to pass if other deals don't fall in place first.

FYI, the Lakers are involved in A LOT of trade discussions, so while some rumors are bogus, most have elements of truth to them.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: